Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Rocky Mountain Gardening: Summer in Missoula MT

Communities > Forums > Rocky Mountain Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Rocky Mountain GardeningReplies: 4, Views: 70
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2011
10:34 PM

Post #8598467

Hi good folks,
My son leaves in a week for work as a summer camp leader/ counselor near Missoula. He is really looking forward to it! We're East Coasters. But he hasn't gotten much detail on what to pack. I'm just wondering how the temps are around there for June and July, whether or how many jeans VS shorts, and sweatshirts or jackets to bring. Any advice?
Pewjumper
Glenwood Springs, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 1, 2011
3:51 PM

Post #8602250

Sally G,

I have seen it snow in the middle of July here in the area around Aspen, CO. I would pack an assortment of clothes. I would also pack one or two oversize, cotton, long sleeve shirts with some 100% deet repellent. The long sleeves also help with the intense sun at high altitudes.

Sonny

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

June 1, 2011
6:19 PM

Post #8602694

Thanks Sonny!
slumpond
Stockett, MT
(Zone 4a)

June 6, 2012
9:26 AM

Post #9154552

Hi Sally
My brother lives in Missoula,ans 3 of my sons went to UM there. After mid June its unusual to have day temps under 75.Anyone from the east coast will love the climate there, and I lived in 4 different states on east coast.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

June 11, 2012
10:51 AM

Post #9160765

Hi slumpond-
You may not have noticed this thread started last year~~ Regardless, my son really enjoyed Montana! He bought back great pictures and memories. They got into Glacier on one weekend.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Rocky Mountain Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Anybody growing vegetables in the Rockies? pajaritomt 166 Jun 25, 2007 3:26 PM
Invasive for the rest of the country still invasive here? MQN 33 May 28, 2007 6:36 AM
Milkweed - Asclepias seeds? hello85 3 Aug 14, 2007 10:15 PM
Greenhouse GMan13 126 Mar 5, 2007 10:48 PM
This might brighten you up......(continued) ginger749 162 Jan 3, 2012 12:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America