Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Seed Trading: ANYONE HAVE VEGETABLE SEEDS TO TRADE?

Communities > Forums > Seed Trading
bookmark
Forum: Seed TradingReplies: 10, Views: 202
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 2, 2011
10:54 AM

Post #8604045

(also posted in vegetable forum hope that is ok)
I have taken on a project to help seniors in my area on fixed incomes to grow vegetables. does anyone have any extra seeds they would be willing to trade for flower or tree seeds or send for sase? not looking for anything fancy, just things we can grow easily. my neighbor and i are donating land, water and fertilizers, was hoping to be able to get some seeds here. this is a list of what i have that i can tradredbud tree

desert willow
standing cypress
drum stick tree
chaste tree
dames rocket
eastern blue star

elderberry
false blue indigo

4 oclocks
gladiola seeds
hibiscus-many colors
jewels of opar

snow on mountain

tovara
trumpet vine red only
what can i say-it was a long winter and i had no clue about zones, bought a lot of seeds online that i will never use. would rather help out with the senior project
thanks
should add that all seeds are commercial and bought very early this year

edited to delete seeds taken

This message was edited Jun 28, 2011 5:41 PM
Inthegarden
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 2, 2011
1:53 PM

Post #8604367

Are you interested in Asian veggie? I have the Chinese okra (angled luffa gourd), and winter melon. I have some other veggie seeds too. LMK
sunnyg
San Francisco Bay Ar, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 2, 2011
9:00 PM

Post #8605407

What a great project! I have some veggie seeds (both commercial and seeds I saved) from a couple of years ago. I'm guessing germination should still be pretty good. If you dmail me your address I'll send some to you.
Elsa123
Pretoria
South Africa

June 3, 2011
10:37 PM

Post #8607581

Sending you Dmail

maccionoadha

maccionoadha
Halifax, MA
(Zone 6a)

June 7, 2011
5:57 PM

Post #8616406

Sending you a Dmail.
risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 11, 2011
10:06 AM

Post #8623972

would like to thank the person that sent the bubble envelope with seeds but it had no return address or info. so-thank you to whoever sent it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beebonnet

beebonnet
Coos Bay, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2011
3:15 PM

Post #8656149

I have parsnip seeds from the old favorite Hollow Crown. Very mild and delicious. I let mine go to seed last season and have saved them in a jar in our fridge. They should still be very viable. They need to go in the ground right away for next winters parsnips. An SASE would be perfect. I will send quite a bunch of them as I have lots. (Or kept cold until fall and then seed them for early summer harvest.) Where is Banning? I live on the Southern Oregon Coast and that is how I do parsnips here. Other parts of the world my do it differently.

Many of the ones that fell to the ground last fall made their own bed and we have been enjoying them lately. I didn't know that would happen so it was a pleasant surprise.

Let me know...

Sue
risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2011
6:02 PM

Post #8656447

banning is in so. cal riverside county. please dmail me your address and i would be happy to send sase thank you
REDROSE
New Iberia, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 28, 2011
3:41 PM

Post #8660596

Let me know if u still has some seeds of Crepe Myrtle, Dog wood, Blue shrimp, other all tree seeds andeastern star please so I will be waiting to hear from you hope soon. Thanks
REDROSE
New Iberia, LA
(Zone 9a)

June 28, 2011
3:44 PM

Post #8660604

I has all new veggies just got a week ago. I did dmail u and other posted here.

beebonnet

beebonnet
Coos Bay, OR
(Zone 9a)

June 28, 2011
5:37 PM

Post #8660830

Redrose---I think you have the wrong member for the Crepe Myrtle, Dogwood, etc. I don't have any of those seeds. I think you mean RisingCreek???

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Seed Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My seeds Holly 7 Dec 7, 2010 4:21 AM
wanted orange coneflower SEEDLADY 22 Aug 31, 2007 5:28 AM
Have: Primula Elatior, Mesembryanthemum, Cuphea Ignea babalu 9 May 3, 2010 10:57 AM
looking for mimosa tree seeds (pods) jishro 53 Jan 20, 2011 5:03 PM
Another source for SASE seeds Terry 32 Jun 7, 2011 8:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America