Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

1st. RMB Annual Cotillion2011

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Welcome to our first RMB Annual Cotillion, young ladies and beaus.
It is my pleasure to introduce the MC for the court, Alfonso Sago Palm, Esquire.
Do enjoy the evening and may your 'coming out' party be a memorable one.

This message was edited Jun 4, 2011 3:25 AM

Thumbnail by heavenscape
(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

As golden trumpets blare their fanfare, a dapper man steps up to the microphone. "HEAR YE", "HEAR YE!" (say the master of Ceremony) "On this starry nite of June 4, 2011, allow me to welcome you to the RMB 1st ANNUAL COTILLION! I am the MC for this gala event, my name is Alfonso Sage Palm.As we gather here at the Nicotania Reserves, amid all the beautiful rambling gardens and fountains to pay homage to those we hold so dear. It will be my intense honor to introduce to you--tonight--the most beautiful, most talented babies for 2011!"

But first I want to introduce our Orchestra for the evening--THE EPI REELZ COMPANY". Their speciality is Big Band music, Swing, and Jazz. They also will take requests. Let's have a round of applause for them! Make sure your dance cards are full, Ladies!"

"I also like to express our graditude to the vivacious, generous benefactoress of the evening's activities-- Madam Heavenscape. Isn't she glorioso splendid in her formal attire? Aren't you just Nephthytis bright this evening, Madam?"

"Decorations wer inspired by Madam Musa Basjoo. The beautiful tourquoise and silver pallette do so compliment your eyes, Madam".

"I wish to congradulate Mrs. FOTV for doing such a Asiatic Double job of creating our Buffet menu tonight. It consists of:
CHAMPAIGNE & MIMOSAS
SLIVERS SMOKE ALASKA SALMON ON SOURDOUGH TOAST POINTS
SHRIMP & LOBSTER BISQUE
ROASTED OYSTERS W/ BACON CRUMBS SERVED IN ENDIVE CUPS
LIME SORBET
WHITE WINE/WATER
LOBSTER TAILS W/CLAN FRIED BUTTER, LUMPMEAT CRAB CAKES, SHRIMP & VEGGIE KABOBS OVER BED WHITE RICE
CHEDDAR BAY BISCUITS
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE DRIZZLED W/RASPBERRY SAUCE
BREW COFFEE & WHITE RUSSIANS

"We will partake tonight of several Parlor Games. Such as Musical Camellia Chairs, Monstera Gown
Contest, Ireland Belle of Ball Contest, Alfonso Says, Evergreen Nursery Murder Mystery, as well as a fantastic Door Prize. Hold on to your tickets, everyone!"

"And now, without a Cast Iron delay, you can see the Paparazzi with their blinding lights as the Loropetalum clad participants come down the grand double staircase--anxious parents will form a welcome receiving line at the bottom. Trillum moms will announce and give details descrptions of their precious charges to waiting Cosmos Society. And here comes the very first prticipant down the Nite Bloom Cereus staircase to the tune of Glenn Miller's "String of Pearls". Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Debutante ......................

Thumbnail by jsxtiger

".............come on down, dear! Don't be nervous!"

Thumbnail by jsxtiger
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

I'll be there. Reserving my spot! I will be with out my baby, but will enjoy all the others all gussied up!

Glenview, IL

Good morning, Good morning...

Exciting day, getting ready today as well.

Jax, i am sure enjoying your Master of Ceremony, you are just so much fun to read everyday!!

See you all tonight!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Yes, it's very entertaining indeed! ^_^

What time is the gathering?

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Got my Spats all shinned you for dear little Teddy, wh woll be making his grand entrance on the heels of a mule...

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

psssst: I think our MC, Alfonso Sago Palm, Esquire is either at the salon to take care of his 'coiffures' or sleeping it off . But I'm sure he'll be here when the sun goes down!

No babies to show off here, guess I'll be in that "neutral" corner with LK and Synda!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Will Charley be dressed up too, Charleen? Can't wait to see him in his best summer hat!!

Glenview, IL

Whew, lots to prepare for...Getting excited.

Just checked the invitation The Catillion begins at 7:00, I'm guessing according to DG time: located up in right corner.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Ahh thank you for reminding us, Judy. You know I have CRS!!!

AHHHHHH!!! But , of coarse. A mule of distinction.....

Is it 7:00 central time? You all on the east coast are 1 hour ahead of me, I would not want to be left out!

Glenview, IL

Well, hands on hips here...Hope Im not late, cuz i dunno!!

I am thinking by the time on the blue line on top...where the tabs are in the right hand corner...Thats DG time, I always thought.

OMG, my camera died!! have to rush and charge the other cameras batteries...

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Well, I'm sorry to say that little L. Phoenix will be unable to attend the Cotillion. However, it is not because he croaked, er, I mean didn't make it ... but because he is cutting many new baby teeth!!! He's too cranky to attend and his mother has a bad case of poison ivy so she's not too cheerful herself at the moment. He wanted me to send this picture along with his regrets. Although out of focus because his mother couldn't stay outside in the sun without starting to itch like mad since it's 96* here, if you look closely you can make out all the little red "nubs/bumps" on him where he is sprouting new baby teeth. Oh, happy day! He will be such a handsome thing with many new branches and leaves in no time at all. He is making his mother very proud.

You all enjoy the ball and we will enjoy all the pictures. Phoenix sends slobbery baby kisses and kindest regards to the attendees and to his Auntie Jax. ^_^

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Sorry to hear you have poison ivy rash all over. Hope it goes away really quick!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Sorry you're suffering from teething, LP (not you, LK). You sure will be reinvited for next year's cotillion.
Mama Carole, what a shame... but we understand.....baby comes first. Hope you won't suffer too much with that poison ive.

LK, I'll tell the doorman to let you in early. Help yourself to the refreshments. Tell the catering staff you're VIP ;)

We'll get the bestest carrots for Charley!

This message was edited Jun 4, 2011 3:55 PM

Durn, got to load Charley's pic to show you his hat.

I am helping pass out corsages and buttonaires. Come get them everyone!

Thumbnail by jsxtiger

Thanks for the pretty flower Jax!

This message was edited Jun 4, 2011 5:38 PM

Ohhhhhhhh! Thank you very much I needthree, one for me one for teddy and one for Charley, Charley loves to look pretty.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Alfonso Sago Palm, Esquire, there's a bee in my corsage, sir?
Are you trying to tell me that my perfume's too heavy?

Charley, you certainly made the flower prettier!!

Thank you Dear...I thought so too!

Well, it is almost time, everyone should be arriving soon?

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Just got an RSVP from Susie, Mama to Baby Linda May.
She sends regrets not being able to attend as there are urgent matters that need her attention.

Being it's Saturday evening, me think there will be a few Mamas that's partying in town too.

That's okay.. more lobsters and shrimps for me :D

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh the bee's trying to sip my mimosa..
Shoo bee.. go make honey... leave my mimosa alone!!

I do hope there is a few cookies or crackers for dear Charley. He is about to make an entrace in his hat.... song Maestro Here he comes just a strollin down the stree singing ♫♪ Dorah dum dorah dum didy dum♪ Charley the great mule.

"........This is Alfonso again, seems we have a nervous Debutante at the top of the stairs,.....come down, little one....."

The Orchestra is tuning up, and they are off............just a little Gene Krupa for your listening pleasure!"

Thumbnail by jsxtiger

Bring on the Babies, we wanna see them....

"OMG" Is that Al Pacino, going up the staircase to rescue the little fraidy cat? That reporter from the New York herald is taking their Picture!

"You are hearing us live at the Nicotania Reserves, folks! Where dance cards are bing filled to the brim, and socialites are mingling.........waiting still for the first Debutante to come down! I am Alfonso Sago Palm, Ladies and Gents....welcoming you to the Ball OF THE YEAR!"

Thumbnail by jsxtiger

Well, my baby did not make it, but this is what she would have been !

Thumbnail by taters55
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hey Hey..he's looking good!! ♫♪ Dorah dum dorah dum didy dum♪

I'm headed over to the bar, anyone join me for a cold one?

Here is Theadore (teddy) blanket flower to assist you in your desent upon the stairs.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Aww LK.. I'm soo sooo sorry. She would be the belle of the ball.

Nicotania Reserves?? That's what we are at?? No wonder I'm seeing lots of "butts" laying around.
Sorry folks.. it's Jax that made the arrangement.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, it seems that jax's baby is holding up the line! Here she comes now....Debutante Cryola in her splendid white on white silk gown!" "Thank you, Al for giving her a little push! Oh, Yes!"

Thumbnail by jsxtiger

Nicotanis do smell so good,but not butts!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Me! me!! I'm coming LK. Need another Mimosa.
I'll be there as soon as I see Teddy!!

I'm over near the AC, where it's nice and cool!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.