Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Show your quilting nooks, spaces rooms #2

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1148289/#new

This room as of today - not quite finished. yes it's the Garage/laundry/hot waterboiler and ironing.

Thumbnail by helenethequeen
Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............not sure which thread we are supposed to be using now, but this one was 1st.
My sewing area ia now 1/2 disaster and 1/2 empty. Most of my fabrics are packed up & in the POD. And somehow my long arm table is now covered in piles of mist "stuff", some of which also needs packed up.
Oh, then there is another pile of fabric that needs to be donated.......................

I'm hoping that by next week I'll have some time to sit & sew...........................I did leave fabric out for a couple projects.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

gosh, Jean... you're really into it! Hope you get it packed soon, so you can sit and stitch... maybe on the train project?

Hope the house sells soon. Being in limbo like that is so hard.Keeping it pico-bello is the hardest. How is your shoulder?

This message was edited Jun 6, 2011 9:06 AM

Other than being a bit stiff the shoulder is fine. I did have a bit of a time trying to put a HEAVY box up on the upper shelf. I had to stand on a chair - but I'm blaming the weight of the box more than the shoulder.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Please be careful Jean. You don't want a fall or any other kind of problem now!!!! I know how full you can pack things!!!!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh Jean, listen to Barb. We certainly don't need you falling...delays the Florida move.

I am trying to "behave".
Taking Thur & Fri off to finish the BIG stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to "relax" a bit starting next week. Won't know what to do if I can go home after work & sit down for a bit!!!!
And my poor, neglected sewing machines!!!!!

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Hi all, I finally got around to taking a pic of the outside of my 'Sewing room.' It is actually a guest house. Altho I spend so much time there that I'm calling the big house my guest house. When anyone comes to stay they are in the big house and I'm in the guest house. I've named it "Tuesday House". I found an embroidered tea towel years ago. It was the Tuesday towel from a set and had two kittens jumping rope with the cord from an iron. When I saw it I said to myself that one day I was going to have a Tuesday House and hang that little towel in the kitchen. So I finally did! Anyway, here's a couple of pics of the outside. I am in the process of cleaning and trying to decorate the front. These are the 'before' pics. I hope to live long enough to take the 'after' pics.....

Thumbnail by morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Now if I can find the other pic. It's a closer look at the front door. I'm thinking of painting it blue. I can't plant to much around the place as the Javalina, deer, etc. come foraging regularly.

Beats my garage - COOL

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Hi helene, I have sewn in a few cramped places. Bedrooms, dining room tables, desks, card tables, any thing that would support a sewing machine. My Tuesday House is a dream come true. I actually live there more than in the big house. Me and Rose and Zena. This is a pic of the path from the big house to the Tuesday House. The varmit strolling along is Rose.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

How awesome to have your very own place.

beats a 300 sq ft garage.Although I feel I am in hog heaven leaving everything thing and coming back to when I want.

Gloria, that is AWESOME. You could hold quilting retreats in that place. I'd come!!!!!
How have you been???? Haven't seen a post from you in ages.
Karen hasn't been around either.

I just love the look of serenity to your retreat. Just to be able to isolate yourself for a while is great. No distractions and just let your imagination go where it will. That's when you can create...Enjoy it Gloria. And let us know how you are doing with it....

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

About the serenity...... It is usually very quiet and peaceful. However, I have had a few encounters with some of the local wild life. Last July a mountain lion came calling, being very interested in making a meal out of one of my cats. He was stalking my Rose (who was totally unaware of anything!) when I came flying out of the house and picking up anything I could get my hands on, rocks, dirt, leaves, whatever, and throwing at him and yelling like a crazy person. He took off thank goodness. I tried to call Rose in the house but she just ignored me so I threw rocks at her to chase her around to the other side of the house. The next day I was sweeping out the garage when I heard a ruccus right out side and saw that darn mt. lion had treed one of the cats. I went flying out with the broom yelling and beating the ground or whatever with the broom and he took off again. I voiced very loud opinions about his ancestery. I haven't seen him since so I must have hurt his feelings...... Ha! Just because I haven't seen him doesn't mean he's not around. One of the neighbors up the road is a lion hunter and I'm just waiting until I see that varmit again......
Sadly, my encounters with a bobcat hasn't turned out so well. Within this past month he (maybe she) has made off with four of my cats. The 3 I have left are confined indoors. They don't even want to go out. We are all very spooked and not sleeping to well. I have a feeling that the bobcat is a female and has babies. There are all kinds of trees, shrubery, and boulders around for them to hide in. I want to have some low voltage lighting put in between the houses. If i throw my flashlight at some critter I want to be able to find my way home.....

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Gloria, beautiful place, sorry about the trouble with the critters.... :( hard to lose a furry family member.

I have been "moving" into a new room...it is done enough to work in...finally...but still in a mess..sorta. I don't have any pictures on this computer..will have to try to remember to post from the other one so I can put up some pictures.

Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX(Zone 8b)

morknotmindy
Great place you have there for your sewing

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

As soon as I get the inside somewhat straightened up I'll take some pic. Right now is in such a mess that you can't be to sure what it is used for.... You know what they say about creative minds...... I've been in there creating like mad and shows..... lol

Mine is so clean & organized now that I can't find anything!!!! Takes me forever to go through the drawers looking for what I put away. It's just easier with the piles of fabric on the cutting table. Just move the pile over to cut then back afterward.

morknotmindy & Qwilter
I so know what you mean it takes me weeks to find things when I have to strighten up for guests ...lol

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

So I think the moral of these posts is: just leave your sewing area messy! I can deal with that. LOL

Jean - that's my room right now. Piles here and there. Too much going on in my head!!!!

That's how mine usually is too. With starting a wedding gown, i have to make sure everything is super clean now.

Lexington Park, MD

For my wedding I made all the gowns also. This is my DD2 my flower girl.

Thumbnail by housse301

Oh Laura, the dress is beautiful but your daughter is just gorgeous!!! I love the simplicity of that dress for her. Fantastic!!!!

Barb you are so right, both are so very lovely Laura.

Lexington Park, MD

Thank you. I had alot of fun with the dresses. And saved a ton of money.

oh yes both are very pretty

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Beautiful daughter and dress.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I keep hoping to find a organization system that will work for my sewing room but it "ain't happin"

Pat, chaos is a kind of organization.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

LOL.. oh then I am VERY organized!!!

Me too right now with 5"squares all over the place!!!!!

I do piles of projects and then turn around and look for something and can't find it, too many piles....Piles are , I am into knitting right now.

This hobby/laundry/storage/potting for AVs and extra fridge is awesome. I just walk away and shut the door. The quilting table and the whole set up is in 300+ ft. the comfort of it is $$ in my mental bank. This Created right in here.

Thumbnail by helenethequeen

How delightful Helene. That runner is really sweet. I'm so glad to hear the smile in your post and to know that your makeover is really making you happy. I think of you often....

this is my ideea of a sewing room/studio http://finishmyquilt.com/Portfolio.php recliner and all
this is in the next town near me in NJ.

In a quandry as what to do here.

Need a recliner for planning sessions. LOL

it is all in the planning. You can sit there all day and be working/ planning that is.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.