Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Common Houseplant Pests: Invasion of the Mealy Kind & T.Y.

Communities > Forums > Article: Common Houseplant Pests
bookmark
Forum: Article: Common Houseplant PestsReplies: 0, Views: 4
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
PoseyLover
Canyon Country, CA

June 8, 2011
8:35 AM

Post #8617703

Lee Anne ~ Thank you for the article and photos of these lil sap suckers from beyond... The once beautiful Agapantha has tried it's best to keep up it's strength... As I seek deeply into the base of the lilly, I find a nest of all nests inbetween each leaf. Not counting into the soil... Considering in removing the plant from the soil. Repot it away from all till they can be controlled. Not that I've seen alot of investations. This is truly bad... A bad sorta nursery if you will. The soil the plant is in, needs to be rinsed away from the plant itself...As I've removed some of the soil as close as I can get to the base and inbetween the leaves.. Low and behold the soil is packed with larve...
Either way the plant will eventually loose it's struggle if I don't attempt something... Again Thank You
Regards and Happy Gardening
PoseyLover

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Common Houseplant Pests Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Fascinating piece shelair 2 May 5, 2008 6:27 PM
Help! Scale! artinthegarden 3 May 5, 2008 6:45 PM
Roses joeyt 1 May 30, 2008 2:35 PM
spraying house plants tutuna 1 Jun 8, 2009 12:42 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America