Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

**Red, White and Blue2011** Patriotic Showcase 2!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

$20 limit.
Mail out date will be 15 June.

1- Lizrainey ^_^
2- Betty
3- Marion ^_^
4- Judy
5- Linda ^_^
6- Jaye ^_^
7- Robynznest ^_^
8- deejay9 ^_^
9- barefootT
10- Samigal ^_^
11- ridesredmule
12- jsxtiger
13- froggies_girl
14- dahtzu ^_^
15- muttlover
16- FruitOfTheVine ^_^
17- janaestone ^_^
18- Crit
19- Happgarden
20. Synda
21. Purpbuttfly (Cindy) ^_^
22. Jordankittyjo (Kathy)

This message was edited Jun 20, 2011 9:49 PM

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks Synda for letting me use your pic :D
We'll toast the 4th of July our swap way!!

Still plenty of time to mail out, and if you're sending plants, the date can be 'stretched' to accomodate the heat :(

Betty, I agree with you!! This is the best swap ever for me! What a way to celebrate Independance Day with patriots like these swappers, plus a very special honorary American.. you!
You got your wish Betty, next year you'll be first on the list, beating Liz!!!

And the best thing about this swap, for as long as I'm with DG, it will go on every year.
Err.. I know it will be on next year...as someone has been so kind as to renew my subscription! :X

Chat away ladies.. firearms...dogs... cats... weather... FLAGS!!!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Brugmansia in a pot. Serendipity....

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Lovely Red, Whites, and Blues!!!! I come over here to get a "cheer up" and Y'all done it !! very well...some beautiful pressies!!!!

Dear Buddy: I am still workin on mine, but will be getting it out in a few days......sure hope you like the goodies ^_^

I got flags....

on my truck....

Thumbnail by barefootT
Victoria Harbour, ON

Jaye, thank you sweetie, now if only you can convince the USA Government to give me dual citizenship I'll be thrilled to no end! lol

Was out shopping last night and saw our Canadian July 1st. decorations out..need to drop in to a few stores and seeing ours is July 1st. I think I'd best at least get a couple of flags to put out before my Canadian friends ask if I've switched allegiance..

Yes indeed, all the boxes received so far are spectacular..look forward to seeing more and of course at some point getting mine ( postal service is on strike so not likely I'll receive it by July 4th) so not to worry swap partner...will have to take a photo of the back deck cafe decorated in your R/W/B...

on my doors

Thumbnail by barefootT
Victoria Harbour, ON

And near the bench at your entrance door..remember seeing them when I was there!!!

Got to love your patriotism Thunder..

in my yard....

Thumbnail by barefootT

in my dining room

Thumbnail by barefootT

in my bathroom, on my leg... Red, White and Blue every where!!!!!!
On the breeze way!!! can't get enough!!

Thumbnail by barefootT

If I could figure out this computer I could add more, some photos on here somewhere???/ but I can not find them.....
just one more...one of my favorites.....

Thumbnail by barefootT

Y'all have a great day, I am gonna sew a bit before I have to go to work....(i lied)

Thumbnail by barefootT
Victoria Harbour, ON

Love it Thunder...
See pictures of your place and feel sad that on my visit your were away!!!

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

You go, Thunder! I love seeing patriotism proudly on display.

Betty, every time I think of you...I feel sad that I was not here to meet you :( but then I get Happy...well sort of, because I was visiting my son and his family and that was great, but sad that it was to see him before deployment......and Happy that I have a good friend to be sad about missing....up down, up down......

My brain and my heart are on a roller coaster...a very big, scary roller coaster!!!......did I mention I don't like roller coasters !!!! Hugs to Y'all I am gonna go sew now....calms the soul.....

these are ribbons for April and May, I put a ribbon up on my fence every day that my son is away (deployed) sending prayers for all of the soldiers every where.....

Thumbnail by barefootT
Victoria Harbour, ON

How touching that you put a ribbon each and every day..hope the roller coaster soon comes to the end of it's voyage..time for you to enjoy without worries!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

That's scary sis. Sounds like govt. trying to keep it hush, so there'll be no mass panic.
Let's pray that that won't happen. But to be prepared is much better than gambling it won't happen.

You truly shine as an American, Thunder!!
If there should be a tour around the country to promote patriotism.. you should be in the spotlight!!!
A common American with so much love for this country, and she bleeds AMERICA!!

Yep, get your Canadian flags Betty. Your Canadian neighbours will just envy our Red, White and Blue when comparing the two ;)
Should you decide to assume US citizenship, I'll be there for the oath taking :D

Charleen, I love Serendipity!! IT's my favorite brug. I grew it in a pot for 4 years, and last year decided to place it in the ground.
It hasn't shown any life this year.
I should have known better, as I lost so many brugs. The only ones that keep on returning are the old staples, like your CG and Jean Pasko and Painted Lady.
Oh well.

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

...........jist in case yall beez wondering................i still beez here! I know they are some rumors to the contrary....but, i here!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Well if the New Madrid does fault, I am in big trouble if it happens while I am at work, it is a 3 story early 1900's brick building! I will be taller and thinner, like wile e coyote! There was a 4.? something on the New Madrid a couple of weeks ago.

Marysville, OH(Zone 5b)

Those of us near the New Madrid fault have known for at least 20 years that another big one is due. The earth is constantly shifting. Check out this map of earthquakes in the U.S. in the last 7 days: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/

Betty, they also have one for all of North America. I'll try to find the link for that.

Marysville, OH(Zone 5b)

Here's a pretty cool tool. Type in your zip code and ask for the probability of a certain size earthquake within say 10 years or so. https://geohazards.usgs.gov/eqprob/2009/index.php

Marysville, OH(Zone 5b)

Here you go, Betty. You look pretty safe. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/region/N_America.php

That is such a cool site, mutt! Thanks for posting it.

Glenview, IL

Waiving Hello!!

Wow, Lots of wonderful Pressie, everyone is receiving!!

To my Buddie, Well, my box is just about finished, think it's ready to roll on Monday Morning!

Thunder, sure enjoyed seeing your Rooms of RWB!!

Have a great day.

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Good Morning Ladies,
I finally picked up my package from my mom's. Mine came from Betty she sent me:
4 place mats they are heavy duty braided cloth (like one of those braided rugs)
A cute angel
a round box
beaded bracelet
and a Flag

Thank you Betty

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

Very nice, Cindy! Great job, Betty- that angel is super cute.

yea Cindy!!! great job as always Betty !!!

Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

Great gifts. Just love this swap and looking forward to the collecting for the next one.

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Jaye ..... how nice for you. DG'ers are the bestest

thunder, I like you back window and everything else too. so nice

glad to see you jax!

Wonderful box Cindy. I hope to mail mine the first of the week. I have some live plants so want to be sure they are packaged well.

Betty, that is a wonderful package you sent to Cindy! Love the angel!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Wow!!! Betty are you didn't braid those place mats??? I've never seen them before.
Cindy, bet Taylor would love to have that doll angel.
If you're not into jewelry, Cindy...you know where to send that bracelet.
Awesome gifts there.

Betty, are your postal workers on strike?

Mutt, it shows I'm safe too. But then we have tornadoes and hurricanes to worry about!! Thanks for sharing that site.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone!

Box going out in the mail tomorrow Morning.....

Someone should received a box soon... it is on the way!

This message was edited Jun 13, 2011 5:30 PM

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Box was mailed today ........... Yay ,about time , LOL But I mailed it straight USPS Parcel Mail instead of Priority Mail, because it was so heavy there was a big difference in $ . So the P.O. said my Wonderful Buddy will receive it Saturday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda

I am working on mine during commercials. lol Plants are in the fridge for the night, and I'm trying to figure out how to pack it and leave enough room for the plants. "Hopefully" will go in the mail tomorrow. Sorry so late buddy ..... hope you like everything!

Daylily blooming today.

Thumbnail by Crit
Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Crit ,that is Gorgeous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one .....LOL

I agree, Synda...what a beautiful soft pink - just lovely.

TY... it is Robina..sp? No scent but lovely

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.