solution to the heat

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Boyfriend bought me a gift for birthday. Holy. Wow.

Texas Cool Vest. Its a chemical in plastic pouches, they freeze up in 20minutes in ice water (longer in the fridge or freezer).. slide the pouches into a cotton/poly zipper vest.

Last up to 2.5 hrs. Mine were still partially frozen after a bit over an hour out with Mo. Half hour ride in the sun... 98F outside.

I am hooked. I won't ride hot again. A good item to have if you're out in the heat.

Richmond, TX

Nifty keen!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Neat!!!

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Incredible. I took both boys for walks in the heat today. Neither broke a sweat, so I didn't overdo them in the weather.

Some of the cool packs in my vest were still froze! Hah! Outside for nearly two hours in near 100F weather.

If you do anything outside in the heat, consider the purchase. I love mine!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I have never heard of it but it sure sounds great!

Omega, GA

I'm glad I found this thread. I just saw one of those for sale and wondered if it worked. Now I want one! Thanks!

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Still love my cool vest. I get over an hr from the neck wrap, and two hours of hot relief from the vest.

Love it! Even in the TX summer sun.

Omega, GA

Hooray!!!! I got a Texas Cool Vest & neck wrap for my birthday! I love it & it works. I have ridden several times with it. I'm so glad I saw this post, thanks, thanks, thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images