Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Clean and Clutter-free: Dirty Softball Jersey - Here is how to clean it.

Communities > Forums > Clean and Clutter-free
bookmark
Forum: Clean and Clutter-freeReplies: 5, Views: 122
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Advize_Guyz
Elmwood Park, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 12, 2011
5:56 AM

Post #8625278

Last weekend my daughter played seven 14u softball games in Kankakee, IL from 9am to 9pm. The weather was rainy, and then hot which brought back the dust. They played their butts off and the hard work paid off because they won 5 in a row to ultimately win the Championship. Since it was a double elimination tournament and the team we had to face hadn't lost, we had to beat them twice. After the long day I would have been happy with second but they took it all.

Here she is after all of the games in her clay filled jersey. She got the trophy I got the laundry. I was hoping that my Oxy Clean would do the trick. This is the worst that I have ever seen the jersey. I will post a picture and explanation of how I performed a miracle.

Thumbnail by Advize_Guyz
Click the image for an enlarged view.

JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

June 13, 2011
11:07 PM

Post #8629013

Oxyclean always worked well for me, but I usually washed stuff like that twice anyway. Did THAT used to be white?!?
Advize_Guyz
Elmwood Park, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 14, 2011
8:39 PM

Post #8631146

I first rinsed the jersey in cold water until the water was clean. I then soaked and rubbed the shirt against itself to get the rest of the dirt out. I did the soaking/rubbing twice before washing it with the rest of my whites and more Oxy Clean. Here is how it looked.

Thumbnail by Advize_Guyz
Click the image for an enlarged view.

JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

June 15, 2011
1:40 AM

Post #8631345

White!
sonoranpoet
Cave Creek, AZ
(Zone 9b)

June 15, 2011
3:05 PM

Post #8632661

impressive!!!
Pippi21
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 19, 2011
4:47 PM

Post #8815422

She's a natural beauty and that looks like a brand new shirt! My son gave me some Oxiclean a few years ago and I've never used it. Tide fan myself but sometimes you just need a helper! Have you noticed the fabric/yarn or thread, they are now using for dish cloths, you can't get them white. I soak mine in Clorox water for a few hours and it still doesn't help. I can't stand a dingy looking dish cloth or underwear.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Clean and Clutter-free Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Anyone enjoy TLC's "Clean Sweep"? gardenwife 22 Jun 24, 2008 12:44 AM
Favorite bathroom cleaner? Terry 79 Nov 9, 2013 2:05 AM
Do you do this? Terry 11 Sep 22, 2009 5:16 AM
Dog Slobber levilyla 24 Nov 4, 2012 3:33 PM
Vacuums Yuska 99 Jan 5, 2011 9:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America