-
AuthorContent
smiln32
Oklahoma City, OK
(Zone 7a)

October 13, 2001
5:21 PM

Post #15942

The smallest hosta in front center is the one I need to ID (close to the ajuga). It's been in the ground since spring and hasn't grown much at all and I am beginning to think it's just a tiny hosta (dwarf/mini). Any ideas?

Thumbnail by smiln32
Click the image for an enlarged view.

mark
Antrim, Northern Ire
United Kingdom
(Zone 8b)

October 14, 2001
7:41 PM

Post #146612

yes there are dwarf forms of Hosta.

can I give you some advise? move your hostas so they are further apart. once they get a good foot hold they will spread and you wont be able to see the beauty of each one especially the smaller ones which will be hidden from view.

Mark
smiln32
Oklahoma City, OK
(Zone 7a)

October 15, 2001
3:53 PM

Post #147109

Mark,

Thanks for the advice. I move my stuff around so much, though, they probably won't be in the same place in a couple of years anyway. Your advice will be heeded though if they do much growing this coming spring. Thank you.

Also, I plan to trade a lot of the smaller hostas, like this one. I prefer the larger leafed variety. I bought these guys on clearance at Lowe's this past spring (12 for $0.50) and I wasn't even sure they'd live.
mark
Antrim, Northern Ire
United Kingdom
(Zone 8b)

October 15, 2001
6:46 PM

Post #147189

a friend of mine grows many hostas. maybe we could arrange to swap some?

let me know,

Mark
ozarksue
Mansfield, MO
(Zone 6a)

October 16, 2001
3:56 AM

Post #147541

That little hosta reminds me of one I bought to put by my apartment once. It stayed little, bloomed and all for a couple of years. Then the complex hired a new yard man and he weed eat all of our plants along that side one spring.. Of course most did not survive. Hoever this little hosta and some pineapple mint did. After that it grew to be four foot and put out tons of little ones!!! LOL
smiln32
Oklahoma City, OK
(Zone 7a)

October 16, 2001
1:19 PM

Post #147634

Ozarksue,

That makes me think of the thread I read where you stomp on your hostas to make them grow larger. :) Bizarre. I'm not sure I could do that.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Plant Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Help with identification of this shrub dave 86 Nov 11, 2013 6:20 PM
SOLVED: Can Anyone Help Gayl 8 Jul 2, 2010 2:47 PM
SOLVED: help identify herb seeds????? dignbloom 6 Nov 4, 2010 8:08 PM
SOLVED: Mystery perennial dave 19 May 28, 2010 1:24 PM
SOLVED: Name my aloe??? tom1953 21 Jul 15, 2012 1:32 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America