Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
wolfwolfwolf
Maspeth, NY

June 13, 2011
6:11 AM

Post #8627152

I love, love, love daylilies. I always tell new gardeners to get them. They are utterly foolproof -- no diseases, grow in shade or sun, a mind-bogggling array of colors, drought resistent (well fairly drought tolerant), no insects. Is there a more ideal plant? I don't think so. Perfect for a low-maintenance garden.

I like to tell people that you could run a steamroller over them and they'd survive.

And the wild orange ones are perfect "space fillers" in the garden. Whenever I'm starting a new bed and need something to fill-in and grow quickly, they fit the bill. They grow rampantly, and by the time the less vigorous plants have grown, I just take them out and give them to someone else. Or I start a new bed.

If you need a good source, try googling Gilbert H Wild & Son(s?). What an asortment. Being cheap, I usually order only when there's a sale and get daylilies for $2 or $3. Needless to say, I've been getting mine from them for years. Okay, decades.

So...spread the word on daylilies.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Darling Daylilies Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I like daylilies better each year, too. pajaritomt 5 Jul 29, 2008 2:16 PM
Daylilies EstelleMirage 0 Jul 29, 2008 2:10 AM
Daylilies in Bloom.... Gymgirl 7 Jun 13, 2011 6:46 PM
Nice article DitchLily206 2 Jun 9, 2011 3:51 AM
Larger sizes! daylily_ohio 0 Jun 8, 2011 2:51 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America