Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: When common is not ordinary, even if it is "plane": When West meets East!

Communities > Forums > Article: When common is not ordinary, even if it is "plane"
bookmark
Forum: Article: When common is not ordinary, even if it is "plane"Replies: 3, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
wannadanc
Olympia, WA

June 14, 2011
6:46 AM

Post #8629406

My brother lives in Indiana, and when we get together we are both quite busy with botany lessons for each other. Thus, I am so pleasantly reminded of the field lessons when he taught me about the sycamore as we walked through one of his area woodlands. Thank you for this, Sally!!!!!!!!!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2011
10:26 AM

Post #8629888

You're quite welcome.
How neat that you can share plant fascination with your brother!
wannadanc
Olympia, WA

June 14, 2011
7:16 PM

Post #8631012

We giggle as we talk the talk - binomial nomenclature is our second language which we delight in speaking when we are together. Clamoring through the underbrush in search of elusive fungi is another sport. What fun when we find an unknown and have to use our dichotomous keys!!!! The love and interest in the natural world was a gift given us by our parents!!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2011
8:57 AM

Post #8631860

Sounds like a great relationship! The closest I can relate is a few years ago finally going to a botanical garden with another plant fanatic friend, and going to DG Swaps, where you can talk about 'toad lilies' or 'Heuchera', and not stop the conversational flow.
Great gift from your parents, in my opinion.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: When common is not ordinary, even if it is "plane" Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Plane Trees aren't so Plain After All growin 1 Jun 14, 2011 10:25 AM
When I was a kid they were 'ghosts' scottsmom 1 Jun 20, 2011 5:54 PM
Sycamore battlehound 0 Jun 20, 2011 12:35 PM
I love my Sycamore bobsgirl 3 Jun 26, 2011 3:53 PM
plane tree allergy daleg 1 Jun 28, 2011 5:49 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America