Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Peanut169_98
Craigsville, WV

June 15, 2011
5:37 PM

Post #8632937

I'm growing a tree in a pot inside...it's too cold in the winter to try to grow it outside. I realize I'll probably never get fruit from it, but it's a nice tree to have for decorative purposes. It's over 4 feet tall now and is 9 months old. It has extremely droopy leaves. Otherwise it looks fine. The leaves are a nice uniform dark green. The pot is a 13.9 diam. x 10.75 H self-watering pot. I'm guessing this is about 5 gallons. I'm not sure if I should transplant it again...I've already transplanted it once. It has a moon valley houseplant in with it (see my previous post). I could not detangle the roots when I transplanted so they are still living together in the same pot. Anway. I would like to see the leaves lift.

I also have another young tree that's about a month or so old now. I've had to prune some leaves from it already due to browning on the edges. I have read that it is a potassium deficiency. Does this sound accurate? If so, should I use some fertilizer sticks, or something more specific? Any help for my two trees would be appreciated.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Avocados - How to Grow Them Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Me again Aunt_A 1 Jul 16, 2008 1:20 PM
Thanks for the info libellule 2 Jul 16, 2008 1:21 PM
Propagation jjacques 5 Feb 16, 2010 3:53 AM
From a pit? gammaneetz 17 Nov 29, 2013 8:56 AM
avocados dortmunder26 1 Jul 22, 2008 11:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America