Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Rhododendrons and Relatives: The Southgate Series

Communities > Forums > Rhododendrons and Relatives
bookmark
Forum: Rhododendrons and RelativesReplies: 2, Views: 51
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
killdawabbit
Christiana, TN
(Zone 6b)

June 19, 2011
10:43 PM

Post #8641593

Is anyone else aware of the Southgate Series? I wasn't until I saw these Rhodies at Old Time Pottery in Nashville.
I bought one of each.
They are Scintillation, Janet Blair, County of York, English Roseum and Royal Purple respectively crossed with R. hyperythrum. I have a tiny hyperythrum. I read it is very heat resistant.
I got these marked down to 8.00 each. Oh Happy Day!!! :-)

http://www.southernlivingplants.com/whats-new

I will put closeup pics in PFs. They haven't even been entered there yet. I guess because they are so new.

Top row, l to r: Brandi, Breezy, and Divine
Bottom row, l to r: Grace and Radiance

Thumbnail by killdawabbit
Click the image for an enlarged view.

luis_pr
Hurst, TX
(Zone 7b)

June 20, 2011
3:12 AM

Post #8641747

They should produce pretty white-ish flowers. Evergreen and compact here in the south. I have seen a white-pinkish one before. I wish Southern Living Plants.com would have included more pictures. I remember seeing that 'Gold Breeze' Miscanthus on their website and wondering how my budget was doing!
killdawabbit
Christiana, TN
(Zone 6b)

June 20, 2011
8:35 AM

Post #8642276

Did you see the pictures? There are pinks and a purple. Divine is white it appears and Grace is a pale pink.
I love the foliage on these plants also. Another thing that interests me is that I have R. hyperythrum, Janet Blair and Scintillation already. Now I have the hybrids between them. That fascinates me for some reason.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Rhododendrons and Relatives Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Propagation: Azaleas and Rhododendrons Pete2 47 Nov 27, 2013 1:35 PM
Encore azaleas rylaff 11 Oct 22, 2007 12:22 PM
St.Louis Rhodo Fantatic declfi 19 Aug 22, 2008 7:04 PM
Pruning Azaleas gailgalex 7 Feb 12, 2008 4:36 AM
Zone envy celt33040 8 Apr 1, 2007 6:04 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America