Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Rhododendrons and Relatives: The Southgate Series

Communities > Forums > Rhododendrons and Relatives
bookmark
Forum: Rhododendrons and RelativesReplies: 2, Views: 51
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
killdawabbit
Christiana, TN
(Zone 6b)

June 19, 2011
10:43 PM

Post #8641593

Is anyone else aware of the Southgate Series? I wasn't until I saw these Rhodies at Old Time Pottery in Nashville.
I bought one of each.
They are Scintillation, Janet Blair, County of York, English Roseum and Royal Purple respectively crossed with R. hyperythrum. I have a tiny hyperythrum. I read it is very heat resistant.
I got these marked down to 8.00 each. Oh Happy Day!!! :-)

http://www.southernlivingplants.com/whats-new

I will put closeup pics in PFs. They haven't even been entered there yet. I guess because they are so new.

Top row, l to r: Brandi, Breezy, and Divine
Bottom row, l to r: Grace and Radiance

Thumbnail by killdawabbit
Click the image for an enlarged view.

luis_pr
Hurst, TX
(Zone 7b)

June 20, 2011
3:12 AM

Post #8641747

They should produce pretty white-ish flowers. Evergreen and compact here in the south. I have seen a white-pinkish one before. I wish Southern Living Plants.com would have included more pictures. I remember seeing that 'Gold Breeze' Miscanthus on their website and wondering how my budget was doing!
killdawabbit
Christiana, TN
(Zone 6b)

June 20, 2011
8:35 AM

Post #8642276

Did you see the pictures? There are pinks and a purple. Divine is white it appears and Grace is a pale pink.
I love the foliage on these plants also. Another thing that interests me is that I have R. hyperythrum, Janet Blair and Scintillation already. Now I have the hybrids between them. That fascinates me for some reason.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Rhododendrons and Relatives Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Propagation: Azaleas and Rhododendrons Pete2 47 Nov 27, 2013 1:35 PM
Encore azaleas rylaff 11 Oct 22, 2007 12:22 PM
St.Louis Rhodo Fantatic declfi 19 Aug 22, 2008 7:04 PM
Pruning Azaleas gailgalex 7 Feb 12, 2008 4:36 AM
Zone envy celt33040 8 Apr 1, 2007 6:04 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America