The Southgate Series

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

Is anyone else aware of the Southgate Series? I wasn't until I saw these Rhodies at Old Time Pottery in Nashville.
I bought one of each.
They are Scintillation, Janet Blair, County of York, English Roseum and Royal Purple respectively crossed with R. hyperythrum. I have a tiny hyperythrum. I read it is very heat resistant.
I got these marked down to 8.00 each. Oh Happy Day!!! :-)

http://www.southernlivingplants.com/whats-new

I will put closeup pics in PFs. They haven't even been entered there yet. I guess because they are so new.

Top row, l to r: Brandi, Breezy, and Divine
Bottom row, l to r: Grace and Radiance

Thumbnail by killdawabbit
Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

They should produce pretty white-ish flowers. Evergreen and compact here in the south. I have seen a white-pinkish one before. I wish Southern Living Plants.com would have included more pictures. I remember seeing that 'Gold Breeze' Miscanthus on their website and wondering how my budget was doing!

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

Did you see the pictures? There are pinks and a purple. Divine is white it appears and Grace is a pale pink.
I love the foliage on these plants also. Another thing that interests me is that I have R. hyperythrum, Janet Blair and Scintillation already. Now I have the hybrids between them. That fascinates me for some reason.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.