mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i purchased this Caladium from lowe's this spring. it is one of their "shades of summer" plants but no info included on the cultivar.

the leaves are matte; no shine at all except when wet and the undersides were distinctly battleship grey underneath although that is now beginning to fade away.

first picture

Thumbnail by trackinsand
mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

underside

Thumbnail by trackinsand
mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

general idea of size

Thumbnail by trackinsand
(Zone 9a)

I would like to know what these are too, I also bought some and they are very unusual.

Track, I can only suggest you post your photos on the Aroid forum. LariAnn may very well know which one you have.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

thanks for the suggestion. hopefully i can close this thread soon!

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

this Caladium has been identified as the Thai variety known as 'Jungle Rain'.

case closed and thank you.

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Where did you get it?

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

lowes. several people from different areas and states have seen the same plants for sale recently so you may be in time to snag one.

West Palm Beach, FL

I also have this caladium from Lowes (South Florida) I'm glad to get the "jungle Rain" ID, but has anyone else noticed the difference in the new leaves? . Much lighter than the overall darkness of the original leaves. New leaves have brighter pink spots looking like Florida Elise

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

mine this year popped up with pretty much the same coloration as last year. it's not a stand out in the shade garden but it's pretty next to my African Mask (which gets bigger and better every year).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images