Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Neem Oil on Hostas?

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Has anyone used Neem oil on their hostas? http://www.plant-care.com/pest-control-without-pesticides.html

I heard a talk about Dahlias last evening and the speaker was extolling the virtues of Neem oil for controlling earwigs and slugs among other things. Has anyone tried it on their hostas?

Ann

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Ann
I used Neem oil on some bananas last year and they were fine and the bugs weren't. I think it said not to cover leaves with Neem and then expose to hot sun. I really like the stuff!
Alberta Ann

Pembroke, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi Ann,

I used neem on my hostas. Just be careful to dillute it in water and don't apply it on a sunny day. One of my hostas' leaves crinkled up after I applied it, I think because the sun hit it before it dried. It never fully recovered that season.

Tracey
Pembroke,MA Zone 6

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi Tracey
I believe that my Neem oil had a dilution recomendation with warm water and maybe one other thing. The bottle was obtained at Revy in Canada and was 10.00 for 100ml's. I misted it on in the recomended strength and Yes I did not have them in the sun.
Alberta Ann

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.