Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Poultry and Livestock: more duck pictures...

Communities > Forums > Poultry and Livestock
bookmark
Forum: Poultry and LivestockReplies: 8, Views: 31
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
titaniumRX8
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 23, 2011
5:54 PM

Post #8650001

I'm a sucker...go ahead and laugh at me. I went back to the Waterfowl Rescue and picked up more ducks. But these were mallards so I expect them to go their merry way when they get a little older. They make the sweetest little squeeks and follow the others around like little ones do...who could pass up their sweet little faces?

Enjoy the pictures.

Thumbnail by titaniumRX8
Click the image for an enlarged view.

titaniumRX8
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 23, 2011
5:58 PM

Post #8650016

here is another pic

Thumbnail by titaniumRX8

titaniumRX8
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 23, 2011
5:59 PM

Post #8650021

one more with the others I got earlier

Thumbnail by titaniumRX8

porkpal
Richmond, TX

June 23, 2011
6:06 PM

Post #8650033

Those look like happy ducks to me. What makes you think they will ever want to leave?
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

June 23, 2011
7:01 PM

Post #8650190

oh happy to see you are letting them free range now. The Mallards may fly off during the day but come back in the evenings if they are very happy with you. Make a point of feeding them a little by the pond each day that way they will know that is home and where plenty of food is
titaniumRX8
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 24, 2011
4:40 AM

Post #8650893

They have been making themselves right at home so I'm sure a few will stay. They have been flying around a bit. They circle around the pond a few times and then work their way back over to the bank. They have been fun to watch.
ZZsBabiez
Lodi, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 25, 2011
4:37 PM

Post #8654327

Now THAT is a major save!! Cool pictures.. warms my heart to see them so happy. Thank you for posting. :)
titaniumRX8
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 25, 2011
7:22 PM

Post #8654665

They loaded me up with 18 ducks...I was not expecting that many I thought maybe 8-10. I hope I am not going to turn into the animal hoarder that they came from. I think it will be no where near the mess they came from - so no worries I think. These guys have a 4 acre pond to spread out on, so I think this will not be the case. Not all of the pond belongs to us, but a nice chunk of it does.

Here is a couple more pics for your viewing enjoyment. They might be a little blurry since I was taking them right around dusk.

I was hoping to get a picture of the deer and new baby that showed up across the pond a few days ago. Of course they show up when I don't have my camera and by the time I run in and get it and get back down there they are gone.

Thumbnail by titaniumRX8

titaniumRX8
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 25, 2011
7:26 PM

Post #8654671

another...

They came pretty close to me as I was sitting in my lounge chair so they are getting use to me.

It also may have a little to do with me feeding them too ;)

Thumbnail by titaniumRX8

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Poultry and Livestock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Raising Keets (baby guineas) TamaraFaye 39 Apr 29, 2012 1:19 PM
Guineas moved into new home TamaraFaye 91 Jun 7, 2008 9:31 PM
What should I do for my sick hen? Tammy 51 Dec 16, 2007 8:55 PM
Sheep losing wool KathyJo 16 May 7, 2008 11:37 PM
Anyone raise rabbits ? PeggieK 41 Jul 10, 2008 12:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America