Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Need help identifying a rose

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

I posted a topic in "Plant Identification" with pictures. It's a rose bush that I've lost the name for. The title is "Is this Frau Dagamar Hastrupp?" (I've since been alerted that the name is Fru Dagmar Hastrup). I've been advised to approach the rose forum. If you think you might identify a single pink once blooming rose bush, would you look in that forum? It's still on the first page.

TIA

LAS

Richmond, TX

Can you tell us more about it: How thorny is it? What about scent? Does it form and hold hips?

I don't think it is Fru Dagmar as she is quite thorny and repeat blooms.

This message was edited Jun 23, 2011 10:25 PM

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

Hi, Porkpal,

I'll report on thorns and scent when I go back to Maine on Friday. Will have to wait for the hips report.

I'm glad to get some clarity that it's probably not Dagmar Hastrup. I'll keep looking and asking re non-rugosa single pink once blooming.

Thanks,
LAS

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

Back in Maine, but the bush has finished blooming. I'm posting a picture that shows that the hips form and persist and it also shows the habit of the flowers and another closeup of the leaves.

It is not very thorny. Can't check the scent, as it's finished blooming. But I think if it had a strong scent like a rugosa I would have noticed.

TIA
LAS

This message was edited Jun 30, 2011 9:20 PM

Thumbnail by LAS14
Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

I posted a message about the thorniness in Plant Identification.

tia
las

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.