Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Amaryllis and Hippeastrums: White amaryllis ID???

Communities > Forums > Amaryllis and Hippeastrums
bookmark
Forum: Amaryllis and HippeastrumsReplies: 1, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
elizabethfoley
Galveston, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 24, 2011
1:58 AM

Post #8650772

I'm hoping someone here can help me identify my white amaryllis. I believe I got them years ago from my MIL, but neither of us really remembers that, much less what they are. They finally bloomed this year for what I think is the first time. Ive been through every amaryllis photo in "Plant Files" twice, and I'm still not sure hat they are. They have pure white single blossoms, with an appearance very similar to "Amputo", but with only two blossoms per stalk. From the photos, it looks like Amputo has more blossoms than that??? I do have a photo of them (not great, but it's something), but I can't figure out how to get photos to post here from my iPhone--any ideas on THAT issue would be much welcomed also!

Thanks for any guidance you can give,

Elizabeth

kittriana

kittriana
Magnolia, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 7, 2011
11:40 AM

Post #8678395

You have to download the iphone into windows on the computer, then u can find em in 'pictures'

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Amaryllis and Hippeastrums Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hippeastrum johnsonii Lenjo 9 Oct 31, 2008 9:15 PM
Amaryllis question JoleneS 15 Nov 30, 2007 7:35 AM
Hippeastrum papilio x evansiae seedlings rrog2001 16 Feb 23, 2012 7:47 PM
Mexican AMARYLLIS Sprekelia Riverland 17 May 20, 2007 7:21 PM
Red Staining in Hippeastrums an anti-fungal? raydio 21 Dec 20, 2007 3:09 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America