Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

**RED, WHITE & BLUE2011**Patriotic Showcase 3

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1188758/
$20 limit.
Mail out date will be 15 June.

1- Lizrainey ^_^
2- Betty
3- Marion ^_^
4- Judy ^_^
5- Linda ^_^
6- Jaye ^_^
7- Robynznest ^_^
8- deejay9 ^_^
9- barefootT ^_^
10- Samigal ^_^
11- ridesredmule ^_^
12- jsxtiger ^_^
13- froggies_girl ^_^
14- dahtzu ^_^
15- muttlover ^_^
16- FruitOfTheVine ^_^
17- janaestone ^_^
18- Crit ^_^
19- Happgarden ^_^
20. Synda ^_^
21. Purpbuttfly (Cindy) ^_^
22. Jordankittyjo (Kathy) ^_^

This message was edited Jun 30, 2011 3:37 PM

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

im here

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

thank you for being here Sis.
Did you get some rain?

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I made it on over.

I am guessing the smiley faces are for those who have recv'd? If so I rec'vd mine and posted pics....
and If that isn't what the smiley faces are for, I will be sad cause I didn't get one..... ;(

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I got my Box Jaye. It was from Pegi.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Yeah, Jaye is back! Nice to see you back online!

Wow! Look at the box with the light up place mats! That is pretty cool!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

LOLOL!!!!
Joyce... even though you failed to share with the hostess those scrumptious looking strawberries... I'll give you the smiley!!

Charleen, blame it on the mojitos! You need to share that pic of your gallant Charley being all patriotic!

Thanks LK. It's good to be among the living!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Invisible Soldier
by Sarge Lintecum

You can tell her by the twinkle in her eye,
At parades when the flag marches by.
She served our country and she served it very well.
Some have even served a tour or two in Hell.

She suffered hardship and never ceased to care.
It gave us strength just to know that she was there.
She was a leader, you could tell by the rank she wore,
But she became the invisible soldier after the war.

She can march, she can fly, and she can sail.
She proved that bravery isn't exclusive of the male.
She did every job she was asked and more,
But she became the invisible soldier after the war.

Now, it is finally time to right a wrong.
Honor our sister soldier; hear her song.
It's very clear that she's a patriot to the core.
Don't let her be the invisible soldier anymore.

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Marysville, OH(Zone 5b)

I found my box on my front porch from Robyn. YEAH! I actually got it 2 days ago but the storms keep knocking out the computer - and not necessarily those close by. Lost the T.V. and the computer (and some people the phone system) for an entire day because a mud slide up north a bit wiped out a cable. Today it is beeeutiful.

Robyn, how did you know me so well? Guys, she sent a red visor because if I don't wear a hat outside I turn into a beet. She sent a really cool little Eagle plaque. She sent a pot holder mit and matching towel (I've already used the pot holder) and the biggest surprise was the four ice cream bowls, ice cream scoop and spoons - red white and blue. How did you know that I consider ice cream one of the major food groups? Pictures will follow once I get my camera geared up to go. Thank you, Robyn so much. I love that box of treasure!

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

barefoot, in my continous state of semi conscius.....i need all the lights on i kin git! thought a xtra light might come in handy fer ya! So..............SURPRISE! Happy 4th of july! i beez your secret buddy!!!!

an...........taday i received a box from froggy!! great box! her done went and sent me a......paper lantern, 2 wind spirals, tinsel star, plates/napkins, 2 plaques, freedom ribbon, flower pot w/ pkg of rwb batcheon buttons seeds(never had thems before) and a strawberry tote!!! a gal kin never have too many totes!!!

thank you so much froggygirl fer a great box!!!!

Thumbnail by jsxtiger
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Jaye ..... I LOVE that poem. And I say a hearty "HERE HERE" for our women in uniform!

thunder .... those are quite inventive pressies you got there, they are great! So Jax is the mystery woman. Imagine that. ^_^

I got my box today from happ, and also my envie. I'm so excited!!!! I think it is cool we got each others names in the swap! I've had that happen before.

Before I show you all the goodies, I have to show you what I saw when I cut the tape and the box POPPED open! She really had to work on that one to get it taped closed and still keep the box shape! lol

Thumbnail by Crit

This is what was in the envie:

A blue gingham tablerunner with stars on it and red printed trim
A beige towel with the same gingham/stars on it
My patriotic rubber ducky (EVERYONE needs a rubber ducky! )
Plant tags (NEVER have enough of those!)

Not in the envie but in the box and in this pic:

American flag print napkins
Set of 3 terra cotta July 4th painted citronella candles

It is all just SUPER-DUPER Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-ific!!!!! Thanks so much happ. You did a GREAT JOB!

Thumbnail by Crit

NOW ..... on to the RWB Plants!!!!!

Blue Cadet Hosta
Blue Umbrella's Hosta
Red Hot Poker (I REALLY wanted some of this after I saw pictures of the ones you all have!!!!!!!!)
White Butterfly Ginger

Just tooooooooooooo terrific!!!!! I'm just starting on my hosta collection and don't have ANY of these plants. Happ, you must be clairvoyant!

Thumbnail by Crit

AND NOW ..... to top it all off, the extra plants she sent me "just because she wanted to". ^_^ I can't wait to get started on my new hosta bed. This was just the BEST SWAP EVER!!!!! Thanks so much happ! I hope you liked your things as much as I LOVE this box!!!!

Tiny Tear Hosta
Mini Lemon Lime Hosta
NOID plant

Doing the "happ"-y dance.

Thumbnail by Crit

Wow, all kinds of boxes opening today! Love all the patriotic items!

hayward, CA

nice boxes arriving great swap ladies!

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Jaye, glad you are up and running again !!! very nice poem...thanks for sharing it.

THANKS SO MUCH JAX I love 'em.

froggy where did you get that duck???? my grand daughter has a collection, and that would be a perfect addition.!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Got a feeling there will be more pics before bed, and I’m right!!!

I'm glad to be back, Thunder. I was missing on RWB goodies!!

Jax, you don’t need another tote.. I do!! I love anything strawberries, and it seems there is a conspiracy going on to make me jealous! Where did you find that tote, Julie?
Nope never had “batcheon” buttons neither. Always a new species to try in our garden ;)
Good job Julie. With your busy-ness, you still find time to make Jax happy.

Ahhhh, I see that Joyce does shop at the Name Your Price store!! Patti, I hate to tell you this, but Joyce used a magic wand to stuff all those goodies neatly in your box.
I can’t believe the RWB plants plus the extras you got Patti. Indeed you’ve been blessed, and not just with a box but an envie too!! LOVE that table runner!! Did you make that Joyce?
You’ll enjoy the scent of the white butterfly ginger. Now you really have enough hostas for a beautiful bed.
Great job making your buddy happy, Joyce. Patti will now have a broad smile on her face for the rest of the weekend!!

Jeanie, I am so glad that you got a great box yourself. I’m a visual gal.. so please hurry with your pic!!! Wonder what will my doctor says if I were to tell him that Ice Cream is a major food group? Most probably he’ll agree!!

And yes, we’re not Americans till we have a patriotic rubber duckie!! God Bless the USA!!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Red, White and Blue,
Love from Charley
to all of YOU.......

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

thunder, you mean my little ducky? happ got it for me. she can probobly tell you.

Great box there jax. Julie always does a grrrrrrrrrrrrrr-eat job! Another of the 'name your own price' shoppers. lol

mutt, that all sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see pics.

jaye.... I believe the magic wand! Can't wait for the ginger to grow and flower. I don't have a white one. I have a peach and a couple that I started from ginger I bought in the store. I'm so excited for my gingers. That is something I wanted to get several of!

Charley, you are so handsome. We love you too! ^_^

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Wow, neat boxes everyone has received. Kathy, the bottom of the flower pots are finished with a chalk board base so you can write on them with chalk. I was looking for some r,w&b chalk but no could find.

Getting ready to go see Mom. Kim and I have the late shift today 1 until................
She actually seems better, obviously still weak and fraile, but more resigned to where she is and realizing there is no way we could bring her home and care for her. Eating like a pig!! LOL

Returning home early this coming week.

Ocean Springs, MS

Ladies, yes, I received my box full of goodies and I love them all. I am so busy and I am so sorry for being so far behind. I got some kitchen towels, a table runner, a beautiful bowl, a cute little pail, placemats, notepad, socks (so cute), a wall planter, and a pair of gloves! I love it all! Thank you so much, Di!

BTW, got that tote from Dollar Tree!

Love you all, julie

P.S. I am sorry there is no picture. I have tried sending it 3 times and it won't upload. I will try again later.

Ocean Springs, MS

PIC: Finally!!!!!!!!!!!

This message was edited Jun 25, 2011 9:30 AM

Thumbnail by froggies_girl

Great that she is getting accustom to her surroundings. And even better that she is eating. That is a good sign.

Great stuff everyone is receiving! This is a great swap!

Great box Julie! I love love love the towel with the fireworks on it! So cute. Love everything.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Have a safe trip Maid M!! Hope the storms don't follow you.

This is amazing!!! The first year we had this swap, many of us were kinda 'lost' in finding RWB stuffs.
We're now in the 3rd year and many of us had turned pros and seem to find the same chain of Name Your Price shops!!! Lolol!!
Watch out next year, I have the utmost confidence there will be more RWB goodies that we haven't seen so far!!!

Fantastic collection there Julie. Yep... I agree with Patti. Love everything Di had gathered for you. Love that pail!!!
Is it only me that can't find RWB socks?????
We can't get enough of kitchen towels.
Julie dahlin, which one is the table runner?
Great job Di. Pat yourself on the back, you're an outstanding Patriot!!

Patti, thanks for thinking this swap is great. Me too!!!! Lolol. What better way than a RWB swap to bond our love for USA.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

God Bless The USA
by Lee Greenwood

If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I'd worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.

I'd thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can't take that away.

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.

From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.

That I'm proud to be an American,

And I gladly stand up,
God bless the USA.

And I'm proud to be and American,

And I gladly stand up,
God bless the USA.

God Bless Canada too!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Crit I am so sorry, the noid plant is a blue hawaii elephant ear or blue hawaiian elephant ear....sorry thought I had labeled everything. It had a big old leaf but just wouldn't fit but it will pop back quickly.

Glad you liked everything and they seemed to make it thru your 90+ degree weather. I was really really worried. We were cool here but you sure weren't. Hope everything grows for you and helps feel in your new hosta bed....whew I can do a sigh of relief..never mailed in pots and they sure took up alot of room or I could of stuck more plants in there.

It was GREAT happ. They were all still moist. GREAT ont he ee too!!! I don't have that one, I look forward to it. Too cool..... another 'blue' for my box. I love ee's and can't wait to smell that white ginger!

Crit I didn't have that ee either...rofl, but I do now... ;) Had to buy two of them. I found a great sale on ee's. I was shocked they were so reasonable. I sure didn't need another ee, but......

I love the white ginger and nothing smells so wonderful in bloom....wowzer...

GM everyone. I should be outside planting, but I just cannot get my butt cheeks out of this recliner this morning! :-)

....................feeling same way, crit! pull ya chair over her next ta me, and have some of me cuppa! did too much in the back 40 yesterditty, and back is sore. but, managed to make usual 7am sunday run to home depot. now, cant move!

Hey Jax, you got some extra, in that cuppa??? I'll join ya too!

Got a diet pepsi and I am there with ya all. Altho I am stuck inside cleaning, for family coming over. My family I wouldn't have bothered but his family I do. Humid but lots of wind I would of been outside except for his family are not outdoor people but I will have fun playing with DGD.

Didn't do too much yesterday. Gonna have a cuppa with jax and whatever extra is in there .... maybe that will get me going. Visit a little bit with the girls then push myself outside. I'll be glad I do once I get there, but it is just getting my butt out there.

comme on, put yer feet up! dont worry..............gotta nother bottle in the ouse! tis how ya relax on sunday afternoon!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzsssss

(Jaye's gentle snores after finishing off Jax' bottle)

And you did not even share? LOL!

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

still waiting for my dear buddy to post. I know she is busy with family and things

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ooooh July 1st (Canada) and July 4thth (USA) will shortly be upon us...

Any plans?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.