Photo by Melody

Article: The Jungle in my House: Thats about the best I have ever read.

Communities > Forums > Article: The Jungle in my House
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Jungle in my HouseReplies: 1, Views: 4
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
drdipankar123
PURI
India

June 26, 2011
7:08 AM

Post #8655334

My my, what an article. I went all the way from beginning till end without even stopping for a breath. I could actually visualize the author doing the "Push, pull, drag" thing with a grim face. Well, our life depends on decisions that we take and surely 'keeping hubby' instead of ficus was a smart choice I suppose (just joking). Now I have odd 30 euphorbia, 20 Diffenbachia, 15 aralia, 10 alocacia cucculata, blah blah blah (list can go on with out end) with no takers in the neighborhood. Here in India we have a scorching summer, intolerable even for humans, and a drenching rainy season combined with chilly winters (no frost). God only knows how I manage to keep things living. But one thing for sure, cheap labor in India helps ( to take the plants from shade to sun and back to shade). Hats off to you ma'am for a courageous display of duty for things which you 'swear' you dont like. Keep it up till you can. ( I wonder how your articles on boating read like). In short - just great.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2011
10:10 AM

Post #8655611

Well, drdipankar...I did it again just about a month ago. They are all outside now, growing and laughing and enjoying every ray of sun and every drop of rain. And in my rooting vases I have dracena, branches of ficus...well, you can just imagine.

I am so glad you truly understand.
Thank you.

Oh...and cheap labor sounds just wonderful.
Have a great summer!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Jungle in my House Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Laughing GardenGuyKin 19 Nov 9, 2009 7:44 PM
Houseplant Irony LariAnn 1 Nov 3, 2009 4:17 PM
12 step program for houseplant haters melody 5 Nov 9, 2009 3:16 PM
Still chucklin' Quilter5bdsr 8 Nov 11, 2009 2:28 AM
Aspidistra Hell! NEILMUIR1 1 Nov 3, 2009 11:48 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America