Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Home Repairs and Maintenance: Clothesline sags

Communities > Forums > Home Repairs and Maintenance
bookmark
Forum: Home Repairs and MaintenanceReplies: 1, Views: 34
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
k2dew4at
Laurel Hill, FL

June 26, 2011
11:36 AM

Post #8655749

Have one of those homemade lines someone gave me. The cross pieces are pipe with holes drilled through to hold the line. There are three cross pieces and 4 lines, each of which are independent of the other. All 4 lines sag miserably, so my clothes are always dragging the ground. Is there some sort of device I could buy to attach to each end that would rachet the line up tightly enough to keep the clothes up higher? The pipes have a cement base, and they are buried a little too deeply, but the end posts aren't long enough, I don't think. The height should be at least 5 1/2 ft. to clear the ground. Any advice is welcome.
jerryhildebrand
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6a)

July 22, 2011
6:58 PM

Post #8709618

go to your local hardware store and explain your problem and the will sell you a turnbuckel to attatch to the ends of your rope that will end you problem

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Home Repairs and Maintenance Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to Home Repairs & Maintenance Terry 17 Jul 14, 2011 1:42 AM
hiring help roxroe 16 Mar 27, 2007 9:04 AM
I hated trimming the grass along the fence jleec 15 Jun 6, 2011 6:47 AM
Hi! I'm new but have 2 questions Illoquin 7 Apr 5, 2007 6:48 PM
Eeek... mice! dreamingofeden 10 Mar 15, 2009 10:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America