What are You Making -Summer 2011

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Well, it is "officially" Summer so I believe we need a new thread.
We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1182166/

What are you working on these days?????

Thumbnail by Qwilter
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I'm working on my past due swap blocks! (and trying to prepare for the possble arrival of our grandson for a week or two). I need to get my sewing done ASAP so I can prepare the room for him! His mother asked us to take him but I'm not holding my breath, I'll believe he's coming when I SEE him here, nevertheless I want to be ready.

Jean, that is such a sweet colorful quilt top. I LOVE the colors!

My friend made the quilt I just did the quilting. I too like the colors & the easy pattern.
I drew it up (somewhere) for future reference.

(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

Gee, that's really beautiful, Jean! I love those colors - so tropical! We used to stay at The Inn at the Park right across the street from Disneyland and for some reason, this quilt brought that place back to me. Happy times.

I'm working on too darn many things all at once. Right now, I'm working the most on getting the house ready for DH to come home. But, I've got at least 12 quilts going - I should go count them just for the heck of it. I'm insane. I need to quilt up all the ones that are basted and not start another single blessed block until all my UFO's are at least pieced into tops!

And I'm going to be renting time on a long arm next month and I'm so darn excited about that, I can hardly stand it. :D

Elizabeth THAT is cool!! I'll have to look into that. It would be great incentive to get the tops all done at least.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

I am working on trying to figure out what to bring for clothes to the great lakes, for darling sons Navy graduation!!
we leave Wednesday morn.....and I have changed my mind a few times on what to wear..and I keep hearing that it is cold in the morning, but gets hot in the afternoon, and then cold again......the ceremony is going to be outdoors!!! an unusual thing for the Navy, but it is their Centennial celebration, and there will be almost 1000 graduates!! they are expecting approximately 6000 guests!! all those folks won't fit in the usual Hall!!!

Getting very excited, finding it hard to sit still and sew!!! but I am trying to work on past due swap blocks!!!......took a few extra days off, so when we get home I should be able to finally get them finished...and on to a new quilt for darling GD...finish son#3 quilt, get son # one quilt finished...etc...etc....

(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

How exciting! Next month, it will be 33 years since I enlisted in the Navy. Our graduation was outdoors and I remember parts of it like it was last month. I had never finished anything in my life up until then and I was so grateful to have made it all the way through. I cried through almost the whole darn ceremony.

You probably will too. ;)

psych, I put an ad on craigslist and the first lady who answered never did get back to me, but the second lady and I hit it right off and ended up talking on the phone for a couple of hours. I think it's going to work out just fine. :)

That's great Elizabeth, I hope it works out well for both of you.
Pat

Remeber you don't baste a quilt before putting it on a long arm................ The 3 layers go on individually.
Thunder, after I move, and get set up, you can bring your tops over some day & quilt away.

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

Jean that is a beautiful quilt. perhaps you can share the size of the blocks Helene

This message was edited Jun 27, 2011 11:23 AM

I'll have to go find where I drew the diagram.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Thunder, bring a sweater or sweatshirt that you can take on or off as the weather changes.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

Jean, I believe the green quilt top looks like one from Keepsake quilting catalogue. It's called Zen, my daughter in law earmarked it as one she wants me to make for her.
The more I see it, the better I like it!

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks Jean, if you're referring to using your long arm,....I have NEVER even seen one in person, sure would not know how to use it!!!!

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Only long arm I have seen belonged to my great aunt. She had to take out a wall to make room for it.

A friend took me to see her Aunt's long arm when we on our way thru their town on our way to a class in Pocatella Idaho. The aunt let me use it briefly to see how it worked and how it feels. VERY cool.

Yes, Thunder, the LA. You & Sweetee (and anyone else) could meet at my place & quilt your tops......................

Lexington Park, MD

Quilting party at Jeans house.
Is the for sale sign on the Md. house?

Yes, the For Sale sign went up Friday.
If anyone wants to quilt in MD, better make it soon. Lots of room in the basement right now!!!!! Just not much fabric.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Good luck on the sale of your house!

(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

Hope it sells easily for you! :)

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

HI all:) this is my latest! the inner green border is fused on and it took me 4 days to buttonhole stitch along all those waves and 5 days to buttonhole stitch the orange peel blocks. Not sure I'll ever get that idea in my head again but I like the way it's turning out:)

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter
(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Wow!!!

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Sondra, that is beautiful!

Lexington Park, MD

Sondra that is just beautiful. I just love all the colors.

Keep that one away from Thunder............................those are so her BRIGHT colors

(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

Oh I don't know - I think you should send it here to make absolutely sure that the colors are T's.

I will keep it away from her for you. ;) I've got the perfect display.... er.... storage spot for it.

It's just gorgeous!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Beautiful job Kathy. I love the way you just jump in and try anything that catches your fancy!!!

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Sondra, you do the most awesome stuff. Great imagination. great talent. Had I the finances, I would have bought everything you had on Ebay.

This message was edited Jul 1, 2011 7:51 AM

I did manage to make it to the sewing room for a bit this evening. It was just too nice out this afternoon to be indoors. I have blocks ready to make 5 tops. All will be for children in the local hospitals. It's to be hot & humid the next 2 days, and the basement is dry & cool, so hopefully I'll get the tops together & 2 quilts quilted.
In my spare time I'm designing the master bath addition for the FL house. I think we are getting closer to a final draft.
Anyone out there have a steam shower/tub???? Trying to decide which I like best.

Woke up to pouring rain so will have a good excuse to stay inside & sew today.
So glad I decided to paint the outside trim yesterday.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

It's a beautiful morning here so far. Supposed to get rain and heavy thunderstorm later this afternoon....Are you asking about a sauna?

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

No rain here today but hot, hot, hot!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Started making christmas table runners

This one for Company that was visiting with me the past 3 weeks. Very long

Thumbnail by helenethequeen

this one for sale Center motifs hand quilted

Thumbnail by helenethequeen

Beautiful Helene, where do you sell?

I got 2 tops finished today and pieced 25 pinwheel blocks for a 3rd top. Have enough flanel crazy quilt blocks for another top. I gifted the quilting group a lot of fabric and will now need to reclaim some to use for backs for these tops.

Srorms are rolling thru the area.

WOW, you are miracle worker!

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Mojo, I really like your orange peel quilt. It is beautiful and so happy!! It is not quite as hot today as it was yesterday. At noon it was 102 in the shade on my front patio....... Only a hundred today. There are lots of clouds and it sprinkled a bit ago. It is so dry so we are all a bit anxious about the lightning storms. Great weather for staying indoors and finishing up a few things.

Mork, your comment about "over 100" and dry makes me think of 4th of July. I LOVE my country but 4th of July always makes me a little nervous. I have already seen several places where fireworks have caused fires. I hate the noise, I dread the injuries.... can't we just sing and wave a flag?? LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.