Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Sewing and Quilting: What are You Making -Summer 2011

Communities > Forums > Sewing and Quilting
bookmark
Forum: Sewing and QuiltingReplies: 263, Views: 1,836
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2011
2:28 PM

Post #8656040

Well, it is "officially" Summer so I believe we need a new thread.
We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1182166/

What are you working on these days?????

Thumbnail by Qwilter
Click the image for an enlarged view.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 26, 2011
2:41 PM

Post #8656060

I'm working on my past due swap blocks! (and trying to prepare for the possble arrival of our grandson for a week or two). I need to get my sewing done ASAP so I can prepare the room for him! His mother asked us to take him but I'm not holding my breath, I'll believe he's coming when I SEE him here, nevertheless I want to be ready.

Jean, that is such a sweet colorful quilt top. I LOVE the colors!

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2011
3:55 PM

Post #8656231

My friend made the quilt I just did the quilting. I too like the colors & the easy pattern.
I drew it up (somewhere) for future reference.
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

June 26, 2011
6:40 PM

Post #8656514

Gee, that's really beautiful, Jean! I love those colors - so tropical! We used to stay at The Inn at the Park right across the street from Disneyland and for some reason, this quilt brought that place back to me. Happy times.

I'm working on too darn many things all at once. Right now, I'm working the most on getting the house ready for DH to come home. But, I've got at least 12 quilts going - I should go count them just for the heck of it. I'm insane. I need to quilt up all the ones that are basted and not start another single blessed block until all my UFO's are at least pieced into tops!

And I'm going to be renting time on a long arm next month and I'm so darn excited about that, I can hardly stand it. :D

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 26, 2011
7:29 PM

Post #8656643

Elizabeth THAT is cool!! I'll have to look into that. It would be great incentive to get the tops all done at least.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2011
8:03 PM

Post #8656714

I am working on trying to figure out what to bring for clothes to the great lakes, for darling sons Navy graduation!!
we leave Wednesday morn...and I have changed my mind a few times on what to wear..and I keep hearing that it is cold in the morning, but gets hot in the afternoon, and then cold again...the ceremony is going to be outdoors!!! an unusual thing for the Navy, but it is their Centennial celebration, and there will be almost 1000 graduates!! they are expecting approximately 6000 guests!! all those folks won't fit in the usual Hall!!!

Getting very excited, finding it hard to sit still and sew!!! but I am trying to work on past due swap blocks!!!...took a few extra days off, so when we get home I should be able to finally get them finished...and on to a new quilt for darling GD...finish son#3 quilt, get son # one quilt finished...etc...etc...
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

June 26, 2011
8:22 PM

Post #8656770

How exciting! Next month, it will be 33 years since I enlisted in the Navy. Our graduation was outdoors and I remember parts of it like it was last month. I had never finished anything in my life up until then and I was so grateful to have made it all the way through. I cried through almost the whole darn ceremony.

You probably will too. ;)

psych, I put an ad on craigslist and the first lady who answered never did get back to me, but the second lady and I hit it right off and ended up talking on the phone for a couple of hours. I think it's going to work out just fine. :)

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 26, 2011
8:59 PM

Post #8656821

That's great Elizabeth, I hope it works out well for both of you.
Pat
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 27, 2011
7:32 AM

Post #8657389

Remeber you don't baste a quilt before putting it on a long arm... The 3 layers go on individually.
Thunder, after I move, and get set up, you can bring your tops over some day & quilt away.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

June 27, 2011
9:21 AM

Post #8657579

Jean that is a beautiful quilt. perhaps you can share the size of the blocks Helene

This message was edited Jun 27, 2011 11:23 AM
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 27, 2011
9:50 AM

Post #8657628

I'll have to go find where I drew the diagram.

jumper2

jumper2
Huron, OH
(Zone 5b)

June 27, 2011
11:42 AM

Post #8657831

Thunder, bring a sweater or sweatshirt that you can take on or off as the weather changes.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 27, 2011
2:50 PM

Post #8658168

Jean, I believe the green quilt top looks like one from Keepsake quilting catalogue. It's called Zen, my daughter in law earmarked it as one she wants me to make for her.
The more I see it, the better I like it!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 27, 2011
4:07 PM

Post #8658300

Thanks Jean, if you're referring to using your long arm,...I have NEVER even seen one in person, sure would not know how to use it!!!!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 27, 2011
5:29 PM

Post #8658431

Only long arm I have seen belonged to my great aunt. She had to take out a wall to make room for it.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

June 27, 2011
5:50 PM

Post #8658474

A friend took me to see her Aunt's long arm when we on our way thru their town on our way to a class in Pocatella Idaho. The aunt let me use it briefly to see how it worked and how it feels. VERY cool.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 28, 2011
3:24 AM

Post #8659223

Yes, Thunder, the LA. You & Sweetee (and anyone else) could meet at my place & quilt your tops...
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

June 28, 2011
3:27 AM

Post #8659231

Quilting party at Jeans house.
Is the for sale sign on the Md. house?
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 28, 2011
3:29 AM

Post #8659235

Yes, the For Sale sign went up Friday.
If anyone wants to quilt in MD, better make it soon. Lots of room in the basement right now!!!!! Just not much fabric.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 28, 2011
5:10 AM

Post #8659371

Good luck on the sale of your house!
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

June 28, 2011
9:26 AM

Post #8659907

Hope it sells easily for you! :)
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 29, 2011
7:32 PM

Post #8663091

HI all:) this is my latest! the inner green border is fused on and it took me 4 days to buttonhole stitch along all those waves and 5 days to buttonhole stitch the orange peel blocks. Not sure I'll ever get that idea in my head again but I like the way it's turning out:)

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 29, 2011
9:30 PM

Post #8663331

Wow!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 30, 2011
1:22 AM

Post #8663471

Sondra, that is beautiful!
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

June 30, 2011
3:41 AM

Post #8663514

Sondra that is just beautiful. I just love all the colors.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 30, 2011
3:43 AM

Post #8663517

Keep that one away from Thunder...those are so her BRIGHT colors
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

June 30, 2011
11:49 AM

Post #8664389

Oh I don't know - I think you should send it here to make absolutely sure that the colors are T's.

I will keep it away from her for you. ;) I've got the perfect display... er... storage spot for it.

It's just gorgeous!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 1, 2011
5:18 AM

Post #8665724

Beautiful job Kathy. I love the way you just jump in and try anything that catches your fancy!!!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 1, 2011
5:49 AM

Post #8665770

Sondra, you do the most awesome stuff. Great imagination. great talent. Had I the finances, I would have bought everything you had on Ebay.

This message was edited Jul 1, 2011 7:51 AM
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 2, 2011
4:39 PM

Post #8668576

I did manage to make it to the sewing room for a bit this evening. It was just too nice out this afternoon to be indoors. I have blocks ready to make 5 tops. All will be for children in the local hospitals. It's to be hot & humid the next 2 days, and the basement is dry & cool, so hopefully I'll get the tops together & 2 quilts quilted.
In my spare time I'm designing the master bath addition for the FL house. I think we are getting closer to a final draft.
Anyone out there have a steam shower/tub???? Trying to decide which I like best.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 3, 2011
3:23 AM

Post #8669116

Woke up to pouring rain so will have a good excuse to stay inside & sew today.
So glad I decided to paint the outside trim yesterday.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 3, 2011

Post #8669216

It's a beautiful morning here so far. Supposed to get rain and heavy thunderstorm later this afternoon...Are you asking about a sauna?
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 3, 2011
7:59 AM

Post #8669479

No rain here today but hot, hot, hot!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 3, 2011
8:39 AM

Post #8669550

Started making christmas table runners

This one for Company that was visiting with me the past 3 weeks. Very long

Thumbnail by helenethequeen

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 3, 2011
8:41 AM

Post #8669553

this one for sale Center motifs hand quilted

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 3, 2011
9:01 AM

Post #8669587

Beautiful Helene, where do you sell?
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 3, 2011
4:46 PM

Post #8670339

I got 2 tops finished today and pieced 25 pinwheel blocks for a 3rd top. Have enough flanel crazy quilt blocks for another top. I gifted the quilting group a lot of fabric and will now need to reclaim some to use for backs for these tops.

Srorms are rolling thru the area.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 3, 2011
4:52 PM

Post #8670350

WOW, you are miracle worker!

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

July 3, 2011
7:28 PM

Post #8670615

Mojo, I really like your orange peel quilt. It is beautiful and so happy!! It is not quite as hot today as it was yesterday. At noon it was 102 in the shade on my front patio... Only a hundred today. There are lots of clouds and it sprinkled a bit ago. It is so dry so we are all a bit anxious about the lightning storms. Great weather for staying indoors and finishing up a few things.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 3, 2011
8:00 PM

Post #8670686

Mork, your comment about "over 100" and dry makes me think of 4th of July. I LOVE my country but 4th of July always makes me a little nervous. I have already seen several places where fireworks have caused fires. I hate the noise, I dread the injuries... can't we just sing and wave a flag?? LOL

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

July 3, 2011
8:18 PM

Post #8670725

I agree with you psychw2. Here in Pinal County fireworks have been banned because it is so dry. I think maybe the ban is state wide. Hopefully, some idiot doesn't get carried away and start a fire. Oracle is in a very high danger zone for fires... And I can sing and wave flags like nobody's business!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 4, 2011
3:56 AM

Post #8670991

Our BIG firework show is set off from barges sitting on the river. And with all the rain we've had in the last 2 days, it isn't as dry as it had been.

I LOVE foreworks. When I was in MA I would watch Arthur Fiedler & the Boston Pops.
In HI there were fireworks almost every Fri nite after the yaught races.

Doubt I'll see any tonite. They don't start till "after my bedtime" and tomorrow is a work day.

My flag is flying & my t-shirt has the flag on the front. Heading out in a bit for the morning walk. Just realized I'm using my coffee cup embelished with the flag.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 4, 2011
5:07 AM

Post #8671044

Yes, "back home" in Tri-Cities the fireworks are from a barge on the Columbia River but that doesn't stop an ocassional neighbor from setting off an arial firework. We came home once (literally driving down our gravel driveway) just in time to see a firework land behind our property and set the horse trail on fire. We were able to put the fire out with our hose before it REALLY set the neighborhood on fire!! Back then we had an acre and 3 of our neighbors had an acre of dry land they did not maintain!! (We had green pasture)

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 4, 2011
5:10 AM

Post #8671047

TA DA!!! Thanks to Jean /Qwilters' help I'm actually now showing that I live in Othello WA!!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2011
7:06 AM

Post #8671270

We will be sitting in the comfort of our family room watching the fireworks over the lake. A neighbor across the lake from us sets them off from his dock and it is truly a nice event. No heat, no bugs biting and just pleasure.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 4, 2011
7:44 AM

Post #8671374

NOW THAT sounds like a plan!! As a family we used to attend the boat races from a friends backyard that was up high overlooking the river, with a nice sloped yard. We had a potluck there every year with several families. I miss that, the getting together with people I rarely saw, NOT the boat races... I didn't like the noise!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2011
7:54 AM

Post #8671402

Back door is always open Pat. Other than watching the fireworks, we will have a quiet day...today would have also been my late hubby's birthday. Our son is camping with his family and my daughter and I are just going to enjoy a day of relaxing...hopefully.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 4, 2011
8:55 AM

Post #8671538

Now I know where I'm going on the 4th next year!!!!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2011
9:11 AM

Post #8671566

LOL come right on!!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 4, 2011
11:02 AM

Post #8671723

So I went to JoAnn's today. Packed too much fabric away & needed a couple backings & thread. And i had a 10% off coupon.
Got there to discover they had an unadvertised 20% off with Military ID!!!!! Yippeeeee!!!!!
But I behaved & only got what I needed.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 4, 2011
11:05 AM

Post #8671731

OH Jean... spoiled sport!!! Shop for those of us must enjoy WATCHING someone else!! LOL

I didn't realize I need some "beige" colors and more browns to finish out some of my swaps. I'll have to dig deeper and see if I can unearth something. I already went to JoAnn's on Saturday and it's over 100 miles round trip.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 4, 2011
11:12 AM

Post #8671740

My 2 quilting buddies went shop hopping Sat and I stayed home. I knew if I went I'd be tempted to buy somehting I dint need/couldn't afford. They both came home with a stack.
I'm intent only only doing charity quilts till I move. I didn't pack my basket ot RWB. After I finish 2 more kids tops (Downey quilts) I'll get back to the RWB (QoV). My charity group has plenty of fabrics for us to pick from but often not big enuf pieces for backings.
I actually went to JoAnn's just for thread - and I did get the thread I needed.

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2011
5:10 PM

Post #8672444

I just ordered on line from Joann. I needed some black thread and it is half price. Also ordered a tatting book I hadn't seen before. I've been reading a book on hand quilting and decided I'd better get some new needles. I have old needles from my mom, my grandmother, mother-in-law, aunt and who knows who else... If it will go through the fabric I'll use it even if I have to take a hammer to it! LOL Time to get rid of all those old bent tarnished needles... Now I'm looking for a Roxanne thimble. Think I'll google for it. Happy Fourth everyone!!

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 4, 2011
6:31 PM

Post #8672573

Went to Joann's TWICE this week. Made a pair of dog pads in two Aqua or Teal fabrics for a 9 yo girl that my SO and friend have been working with towards starting in the Junior Handliing competitions at the dog shows. She turned 9 two days before last weekend and showed Friday the 24th and Saturday the 25th. She came in third on Saturday in the Novice division of about 15 entries and both days wore her favorite Aqua/Teal colors. She show's my friend's Griff (Brussels Griffon, our toy breed) who's about six and VERY tolerant. To congradulate her, made the pads so that she can put one on the top of the crate to keep the dog on before going into the ring and gave them to her Wed.. Used the fabric and pre-quilted backing. I put two layers of high loft poly batting between Thankfully my new machine is able to take thickness. Did alternating framed 4 patch squares and SID all the seams. They really looked cute (sorry, no pics). My friend liked them so much, did two for her Saturday using scraps from the lap Q I made her. Did one in the framed four patch and one using extra block parts from her original Q.

Today made most of the squares using the brown fabrics I posted earler for the quilt for one of may staff. Need to make about six more and I can put the front together. Have the borders cut out already.

Next staff quilt is a lavender and green lap using 4 inch squares and matching 2.5 inch strips in seven different fabrics from a collection that I bought on Ebay. Going to four patch the 4" and frame them with the strips. That will be followed by a lap Q using African made fabrics from various regions and finally a scrap lap Q pattern yet undecided.

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2011
6:49 PM

Post #8672593

You're not very busy are you?! lol

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 4, 2011
7:24 PM

Post #8672667

HOLY cow Stu!! When do you find the time to do all that???
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

July 4, 2011
8:11 PM

Post #8672772

Stu is just his internet nom de plume.

When he's writing for the Daily Planet, he's known as Clark Kent.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2011
8:28 PM

Post #8672789

I am exhausted reading what you have done Stu.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 5, 2011
7:23 AM

Post #8673394

OK, that explains it and now I feel better.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 5, 2011
8:56 AM

Post #8673564

Pat, et. al... I work on the kitchen table which flows into the family room. So, instead of sitting by the TV, I sit at the sewing machine and watch the TV anyway. I was surprised that the dog pads went together really quickly. The only issue was the first when I was putting on the binding. The two layers of the added batting was a bit mbulkier than I anticipated and the first binding didn't go on well, so had to put an additional binding ontop it. After that, I used larger binding and it was fine.

The blocks for the quilt I'm working on make three blocks at one time (stack three different 10" squares, cut the pieces, then reassemble giving three quarter log cabin blocks with three fabrics in differing locations. It's really a quick block and fun as there are five variations to the size of the cutting. Gives a great effect when the blocks are intermixed.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 5, 2011
10:54 AM

Post #8673833

Sounds, good a link for it? I'd love to see that log cabin variation.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 5, 2011
10:59 AM

Post #8673840

The link:

http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/Item--i-TQC-JF

Examples of my blocks Post #8636859
Post #8636865

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 5, 2011
11:26 AM

Post #8673905

THANKS!

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 16, 2011
7:32 PM

Post #8696678

Here's the finished front. Finished it last weekend. THe outer border is actually a print from the same collection.

Thumbnail by FLStu

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 17, 2011
4:26 AM

Post #8697141

Just finished quilting a 3rd top I loaded yesterday. Have another juvenile one loaded. Will start it after I get back from the morning walk. My friend that loves to do binding is going to be kept quite busy (the one I finished this AM is hers).

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 17, 2011
6:47 AM

Post #8697293

Stu, that wonky plaid is something else! Nice combination.

Jean, how long does it take for you load a quilt and quilt it on your long arm? I'm constantly amazed at how quilts you can churn out!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 17, 2011
7:03 AM

Post #8697312

Who was it that was looking for princess fabric??? 10 yards for $20!!!
http://www.marshalldrygoods.com/by-the-bolt/cat_89.html
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 17, 2011
7:38 AM

Post #8697357

For a throw (40 X 50), @30 min to load and 1 hr to quilt, if i'm just doing an all over swirly pattern. And all of these are just all over swirls - hearts, flowers, and stars thrown in.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 17, 2011
7:40 AM

Post #8697359

Stu, I love that quilt! Very nicely done!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 17, 2011
8:14 AM

Post #8697406

What does a BIG quilt take, like a king bedspread?
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 17, 2011
8:53 AM

Post #8697500

A king takes 2 people @ 1hour to load. Probably 5-6 hrs to quilt.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 17, 2011
8:55 AM

Post #8697504

Ya, that's ONE hour if the TWO people are experienced!!! I shutter to think what it would take me!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2011
9:01 AM

Post #8697516

I think I'll start with a table topper!!!!! Bless you Jean for your skill and your patience...

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 18, 2011
3:08 AM

Post #8698863

Pat and those who asked, the collection is called 'Definitions' by Marcus Bros. Most of mine came from Fabric.com, but Quilt In A Day has the checked (didn't look to see if theyhad others) for $5/yrd at:

http://www.socaquiltshops.com/shoponline/fabric_display.asp?line=&order=&fabtype=&fabtype2=&fabtype3=&fabric=frenzy&i=33762&page=

I know that the collection and pattern I used (Jungle Fever) isn't for everyone, but the person I made it for is a guy and liked the fabric when I received it in my office. I thought that the fabric and pattern where both masculine and a little more modern (the pattern) looking. The pattern looks great for a scrappy Q as well as with Batiks and is really easy. There are five different blocks using three 10" pieces of fabric to make three blocks at a time.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 18, 2011
7:15 AM

Post #8699212

I think you are right Stuart, the pattern is more masculine and I'll bet a Batik would be killer beatiful!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 24, 2011
1:09 PM

Post #8712689

Been working on the Civil War fabric king size quilt the past few days. She didn't square it well at all so it is a bit challenging to work on. And the grey thread blends in so well I'm having a very hard time telling where I've already stitched. But then, if I can't see the thread, no one else will either.
I'm about 1/3 done. Inbetween I've been working on getting the bindings on the juvenile quilts.
Just finished putting more of the flower pieces together.
Think I'm about "sewed out" for the weekend.

Only @100 today but very humid. Sure hope the rain they are predicting happens.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 24, 2011
1:50 PM

Post #8712735

You have been a busy woman Jean!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 24, 2011
2:47 PM

Post #8712846

Jean has bony fingers!!!!!

jumper2

jumper2
Huron, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 24, 2011
7:01 PM

Post #8713222

I've been getting lots of alterations in. Working on a western show shirt for a friend for the county fair (Aug. 9-14)

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 24, 2011
7:27 PM

Post #8713265

I'll bet this is a busy time. I remember "a hundred years ago" when my boyfriend and I were doing a few competitions/ playdays and the prize for best dressed was almost as good as top winner for the day!! I was silly enough back then to sew us matched western shirts...
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

July 27, 2011
9:45 AM

Post #8718506

I am backkkkk…been missing a few weeks in action and you all sure have been super busy!!!
Jean I love the quilt you made with the little contrasting squares in the middle and such beautiful colours!!!
Sondra that orange peel quilt is stunning…I am sure if I had to do that quilt I would definitely need more than 9 days to finish it…lol…more like 9 weeks or month!!!
Helene, I am sure that long beautiful table runner was appreciated and I sure hope you made a lot of money selling the other table runner.
Stu, I really love the colour combination on your quilt, I too love to buy all fabrics from the same series, I am not that good at choosing coordinating fabrics by myself…takes me foreverrrrrr…lol
As for myself, I wish I was faster with quilting, takes me forever to finish something because I can`t sit for a long period of time or my hands cramp up and so on…lol…orrrrrrrrrr I get side tracked…lol
But I did manage to hand quilt my sunflower wall hanging.

Thumbnail by Thea1962

Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

July 27, 2011
9:48 AM

Post #8718514

And machine quilted my trip arround the world Flannel quilt...won`t do that ever again...lol...wayyyyy to heavy on my poor old hands

Thumbnail by Thea1962

Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

July 27, 2011
9:54 AM

Post #8718529

In my infinite wisdom I decided to make another 12 placemats…working on quilting the last 2 and then have 6 to do binding on…lol
On the days where it is not too hot I love sitting outside to sew.
Hope everyone is having a great day and love to see more of your projects!!!

Thumbnail by Thea1962

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 27, 2011
9:54 AM

Post #8718531

Nice sunflowers. I keep thinking about doing something with sunflowers for my sister. Alas it hasn't gotten past the "thinking" stages so far. Love the flannel quilt too.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 27, 2011
12:52 PM

Post #8718963

Beautiful Thea. You do such wonderful work. I love the echo quilting on you r sunflowers. The placemats are very colorful. I haven't worked with flannel ----yet...Heehee
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

July 28, 2011
4:20 AM

Post #8720438

Thank you abbisgranma, I am like you...so many ideas whirling around in my head, but if I ever get around to making them is doubtful...lol
"The brain/head is willing, but my flesh/body is weak"
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 28, 2011
8:20 AM

Post #8720750

Thea, I think I will borrow a line from my youngest GD. We were shopping and I had told the girls they could have 1 new book. After searching for several minutes she informed us "her mind was having a labor dispute" over which one to chose. I think I might be doing the same with my getting started on projects.
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

July 28, 2011
10:05 AM

Post #8720968

LOL...out of the mouth of babes!!! Thats so funny and a good line to remember!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 28, 2011
10:12 AM

Post #8720986

That one scares me with things she says!!
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

July 28, 2011
6:45 PM

Post #8721921

I have Halloween Fever lately:) This will be my next pattern! "Brunhilda's Hats". I'll try to have it ready go by the end of August. Who needs sleep anyways lol...I can't stop myself!

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 28, 2011
6:54 PM

Post #8721936

Love that pattern.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 28, 2011
7:12 PM

Post #8721986

VERY cute Sondra!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 29, 2011
6:40 AM

Post #8722768

You are surely on a roll now!!! I love it!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 29, 2011
7:18 AM

Post #8722836

I want a BLACK cat quilt!!!

jumper2

jumper2
Huron, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 29, 2011
11:30 AM

Post #8723276

I like that idea, Pat!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 29, 2011
11:37 AM

Post #8723295

Ditto. Maybe a cat themed with each chosing the type cats. ie: black, calico so on so forth.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2011 1:38 PM
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

July 29, 2011
4:04 PM

Post #8723880

Oh I really like that cat idea!!! I have 3 of them "helping" me quilt...lol
Marion that would make a fun quilt or wallhanging with the different type of cats.
Would that be applique or PaperPiecing(never done that)?
Sondra you sure design beautyful quilts...such a talent!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 29, 2011
5:43 PM

Post #8724047

Oh Thea, it was only an idea unless there is enough interest shown. I personally wouldn't care if it is pieced, appliqued or paper pieced. I have several books with cat quilt ideas.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 29, 2011
9:11 PM

Post #8724516

there is a cat quilt pattern on quiltercache, it's in the kid's section. I think maybe I can handle that!! I also have a Debbie Mum book with 2 cat patterns, one applique, one cut blocks (NOT paper pieced).
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 30, 2011
8:09 AM

Post #8725079

I will check out the kids section...didn't realize it was there.

It nothing short of blistering this morning. After several days of cooler, low humidity this is a shock. Oh well, goes with living in Florida I guess.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 30, 2011
9:08 AM

Post #8725185

I bet my BLISTERING is as bad as yours. Has been hotter in MD than FL. Even Miami has been cooler than up here. The heat index was only 108 yesterday!!!! My thermometer (in the shade) read 101.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 30, 2011
9:35 AM

Post #8725245

Yikes Jean, you do have it hotter. I was just shocked when I finally went outside how hot and still it was. Stay cool!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 30, 2011
11:07 AM

Post #8725381

Pat, I checked the cat pattern. That would be an easy, cute pattern to use. I have the series (expensive, I know) of vegetable cat patterns that are appliqued. I want to do those for my sister--she turns 65 this year. I had much rather she collects cat in the quilt form than the live ones...only has 23 at the moment.

Getting ready to go into town. Joannes has a 20% off coupon for today only and applies to total purchase...sales and regular. Just can't let it go to waste. LOL

Have a great weekend all.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 30, 2011
1:35 PM

Post #8725632

Oooooooo Marion that would hard to pass up!!! However... my car has acquired a nasty quirk. It will not start up if it's gotten warm and then not set long enough to cool, therefore I could get INTO the store buy stuff and be stranded for an hour or more. I KNOW, there are worse places to be stranded but I have a sleep study tonight and I don't want to miss it.

It's the hydroplane boat races this weekend, as a local I HATE the races!!! It brings way too many people to the area and they are generally way to rowdy for me!
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

July 31, 2011
9:05 AM

Post #8727253

Oh, how nice! I would LOVE to be able to sit outside and sew... how lovely! But, we've spent 30 days or so over the 100 mark and sitting outside for any length of time is just no fun at all.

I think the only thing keeping some of my back yard alive is the fact that the patio misters are on for 8-12 hours a day, plus the copious amounts of water I put on everything. The heat has bitten back even some of my toughest plants - crape myrtles, basils, portulaca and pothos are going strong, but the tomatoes, grapes, buddleia, sage and parsley are barely hanging on.

I'm crazy about that pink and green flannel - just gorgeous!

And Brunhilda's Hats is cute as can be - I've been feeling Halloween-y lately, too - wishful thinking, maybe because it will start to cool down about then.

And I can see that I really need to get some plaids and homespuns into my stash - they add so much to some quilts.

One of my granddaughters is visiting from WA and she's not used to this kind of heat at all. I'm making her some t-shirt dresses, along with one that coordinates with one of hers for her baby sister. Lots of ruffles - glad those vintage rufflers work so well, because the one on my serger is not nearly as adjustable as the one on my 1947 Singer 15.

Stay cool, wherever you are. :)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 31, 2011
9:43 AM

Post #8727357

Do you have a link to the kids section? I don't see it there?
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 31, 2011
11:12 AM

Post #8727567

LK, I just went to the quilt patterns and scrolled down to the bottom.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 31, 2011
1:08 PM

Post #8727795

Thanks Marion, I'll go look.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 31, 2011
1:11 PM

Post #8727797

Found it! Thanks.

http://www.quilterscache.com/K/KidsPatterns.html

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 1, 2011
1:21 PM

Post #8730025

Thea...Did you say you do shopping in Bellingham Wa??? some one did, and I can't remember who??? My hubby is very near to there and said he would go to quilt shop and buy me some fabric!!!

I NEED to know the name or address of store so he can find it!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 1, 2011
7:45 PM

Post #8731020

http://www.twothimbles.com/

http://www.fourthcornerquilts.com/

http://www.suzy-qs.com/

http://www.fabric-etc.com/

http://www.fourthcornerquilts.com/

Thunder try these! I found them on google maps. There was a few more but did not have websites listed.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 1, 2011
10:44 PM

Post #8731326

thanks LK :)

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 2, 2011
5:29 AM

Post #8731585

Thunder, Thea lives in Canada east of Betty. I will be meeting her on my trip. It may have been Susan - she lives in western Canada.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 2, 2011
5:30 AM

Post #8731587

Lucky Barb! Please eat a butter tart for me.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 2, 2011
5:37 AM

Post #8731593

Most assuredly Marion. I'm getting butterflies from being so anxious!!! Just so happy knowing I'm really getting to go this year...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 2, 2011
6:29 AM

Post #8731682

I would be to Barb. I have family in Canada and I want so badly to go see them but until things settle still more with Mom, I don't dare go now.
Enjoy and do think of me while you are there. I love it up there.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 2, 2011
7:19 AM

Post #8731756

Very cool! Barb, Enjoy your trip.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 2, 2011
10:58 PM

Post #8733510

Well somebody said they live in Canada and went shopping in Bellingham???? or I am crazier than I thought???? considering the last couple weeks that does not surprise me!!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 3, 2011
7:27 AM

Post #8734010

I think you're right Thunder,but I don't remember who or on what thread. No help here!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 3, 2011

Post #8734154

Well at least ya let me know I am not totally lost!!!!! yet.. hehehe :-) thanks

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 3, 2011
8:52 PM

Post #8735716

Oh I never said THAT Thunder... hehehe

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 3, 2011
10:12 PM

Post #8735789

I AM NOT totally lost...I can still find my way to the sewing room!!!! :-)

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 3, 2011
10:27 PM

Post #8735806

I can still find my way INTO the room but one of these days if I don't clean and tidy it, I might not find my way OUT!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 4, 2011
3:32 AM

Post #8735907

I've managed to get bindings on 4 of the juvenile quilts. 1 more to go. My poor fingers. I have a collection of different types of thimbles but none ever seem to work for me. If I put it on 1 finger, I push with another. If I put them on 2, I find a way to push with a 3rd. I'm hopeless. But the caluses are coming along nicely.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 4, 2011
5:36 AM

Post #8736019

Gives new meaning to "working her fingers to the bone"!!!!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 4, 2011
7:18 AM

Post #8736240

I can understand that Jean! I think a thimble will only cause me to work with a different finger... caluses are the answer! LOL

jumper2

jumper2
Huron, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 5, 2011
8:24 PM

Post #8739443

this just came off my machine. the flash has faded the pink a little bit.

Thumbnail by jumper2

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 6, 2011

Post #8739781

Lucy that is gorgeous!! You do such beautiful work...

jumper2

jumper2
Huron, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 6, 2011
6:56 AM

Post #8739870

thank you. I'm pleased with it. The girl I made this for will be wearing it at the county fair. It'll look great in the show ring.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 6, 2011
6:58 AM

Post #8739876

Great job Lucy!!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 6, 2011
7:25 AM

Post #8739903

Lucy, that is sooooooo cool!!! I doubt anybody else will have anything near as in style and flashy!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 6, 2011
7:56 AM

Post #8739929

Lucy - I need to know what that poster says! The Ten Commandments of my Sewing Room!! Sounds like something I may need!!!!!
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2011

Post #8740016

I have 2 more hats to go!

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2011

Post #8740018

the red hat is my favorite:)

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 6, 2011
9:20 AM

Post #8740044

Sondra, I LOVE that spider web background!!! Where did you get that? I have about 3 spider webs /spiders for my
I-Spy quilt that I HOPE someday to get it made. I got a really cute charm block recently with a "mummy" on it.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 6, 2011
11:25 AM

Post #8740308

http://static.quiltingboard.com/upload/2009/11/26/4e8931689a35637dea704b27bdc8f556_9114.pdf

I found the ten commandments of my sewing room, but it is a PDF file. Hpe it comes through?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 6, 2011
11:28 AM

Post #8740312

http://www.quiltersbee.com/qbpoems.htm

Here is another cute site!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 6, 2011
11:47 AM

Post #8740347

Thanks Linda. It came through just fine...
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2011
7:09 PM

Post #8740934

Pat, on the selvedge it says Tidings of Great Joy the art of J. Wecker Frisch for Quilting Treasures. Sounds like it should be a Christmas fabric but oh well:) I got it at Gramma's Calico Cupboard here in Wichita and she just got it in so I'm guessing it's fairly new. I have a bunch left would you like me to send you some?

This message was edited Aug 6, 2011 8:10 PM

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 6, 2011
7:39 PM

Post #8740993

oo ...ooo...ooooo... how much is a bunch? can I possibly have like a 10 inch square??!!??? can I can I huh?? huh??? LOL

Doc, I may have some black with spider webs on it?? want me to look??? got a Halloween box somewhere...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 6, 2011
8:52 PM

Post #8741103

Yes Sondra & Yes Thunder! I just need at least 5 x 5 for my I-spy I'm collecting for. More would be great but really 5x5 would be just fine!

I spent the afternoon making book covers for my sister. 3 with embroidered butterfly's on black satin, 2 with a red & gold oriental fabric, one with a valentine collage. She should now have any size she wants!
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 6, 2011
10:18 PM

Post #8741184

sure! I can do!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 7, 2011
6:49 AM

Post #8741549

Pat, what kind of fabric do you need for your I spy project? Prints, colors???

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 7, 2011
9:29 AM

Post #8741846

Anything novelty... you know, something with a picture of a horse, a dog, spider, cowboy, car, train... things that kids can recognize. I think I'm going to cut and assemble it like a mixed Disappearing 9 patch. Mixed, in that I won't reassemble each 9 patch back into the same 12 inch block but use each 1/4 block with other 1/4 blocks. Make sense?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 7, 2011
9:42 AM

Post #8741889

Yep, it makes sense. I will go through my stash and see what I have.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 7, 2011
3:34 PM

Post #8742742

Thanks Linda, that is sweet of you!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 11, 2011
6:51 PM

Post #8751228

Sondra, the fabric is even cuter in person than the picture! Thank you so much. It was the bright spot in an otherwise VERY frustrating mail day. The student loan people turned down my husband's cancelation request for his disability, I got ANOTHER bill for the garbage of the house we moved out of a year ago... and more... THANK you for making me smile when I opened YOUR envelope!

My husband has had 3 surgeries in the last 2 years and the bills keep rolling in. My coping skills are starting to fail.
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2011
7:30 PM

Post #8751294

you are very welcome:) I haven't been very good at putting notes in envelopes lately, so I hope it didn't seem like I was non-communicative. I'm lucky things make it in the mail! I have 5 quilts to get done by this Sunday night. I'm putting the borders on one right now and I'll post pictures soon:)

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 11, 2011
8:01 PM

Post #8751342

LOl, i'm not much of a note writer myself. I think that runs in the family, when I got an answering machine my Mom used to blow a raspberry into the phone and hang up LOL. Over the years she finally started leaving something of a message...
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2011
8:24 PM

Post #8751411

Number 5 is ready to quilt:) and I is very very tired...can't stop now thought, the finish line is in sight! This is a small version of Fascination. The booth it will be hanging in at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Festival would have no room if I made it bedsized:)

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 12, 2011
3:13 AM

Post #8751613

Sondra - love those colors.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 12, 2011
7:59 AM

Post #8751955

Pat, sorry to hear you are so many medial bills! Call the places, and tell them you want to be put on a payment plan. That is what I did when hubby was in the hospital 2 years ago. They will ask you how much a month you want to pay. I told them I would send at least $10.00, more if I had it. That took all the money hungry hounds off our back!
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 12, 2011
8:26 PM

Post #8753008

Shady Lady is done!

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 12, 2011
8:27 PM

Post #8753012

and here's a closeup of my wild and wacky binding:) it turned out so cool!
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 12, 2011
8:27 PM

Post #8753013

duh...

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 13, 2011
3:38 AM

Post #8753261

Sondra ditto what Jean said. LOVE those colors. What a great quilt.
Are you setting up a booth somewhere?
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 13, 2011
5:12 AM

Post #8753321

I'm not but the quilts and patterns are going to travel to Colorado to be featured in a booth called Cute As A Bug's Ear, at their booth at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Festival next weekend. It was an offer I couldn't pass up since I don't travel to shows. I wish I could take them myself and help with the booth but it's a 9 hour drive. Jody Marie Carroll, the owner of the shop, will send me pictures of the quilts on display so I'll share those when she sends them to me. Everything has to be in the Fedex box Monday morning and it's going to be a busy long weekend:)

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 13, 2011
7:50 AM

Post #8753578

Sondra - I'm so very happy for you. You have worked so hard on these. I'll say a prayer that everythjing sells and you get hundreds of orders...

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

August 13, 2011
4:55 PM

Post #8754474

Sondra. Congrats and good luck. You have a representation at what sounds like an impressive show. It's a win/win since the booth owner can say that she has an exclusive of your designs at the show. As long as you have a representation and the booth sounds like it'll be having something that will draw people of varied interests, you don't necessarily need to be there. It's as good as an artist having pieces in a gallary showing. Good for you!!!!! The exposure will be phenominal.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 13, 2011
7:01 PM

Post #8754760

Linda (taters), I was at the clinic last week and I stopped by the payment desk and asked them to check if they gotten a payment from me yet this month, if not I'd write one now. She looked it up and said "Yes, we've had 2 @ $25 each. With a balance this size you really should be paying more than $100 a month." I was flabbergasted! I burst into tears and told her "If you don't want the $25 payments I'll stop sending them. I'm sure the other 15 medical debts would be happy to have their share increased" and I walked away seething, praying I could get myself together before I got to my work place. (I had stopped and had lab work done on my way to work)

Sondra, your work is sooooo beautiful. I always enjoy looking at it. It is so exciting to have some of it featured at a show. I hope it is WILDLy successful!!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 13, 2011
7:42 PM

Post #8754876

Awww sorry Pat. I had the same go around with a hospital here over an $850. bill. Still paying it three years later, but as long as I do every month, nothing they can do unless they want to write it off. At this point, the way they have been with their total lack of understanding. that we can't pay much with 1/4 of our old income, if we won the lotto, I would just keep chipping away at it.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 13, 2011
8:36 PM

Post #8754968

I'm with you Karen!! I am making payments to 3 different places, all for medical...I send them each a little every month, never get them paid off ...as before I get there, I need the testing all over!!!

I figure I will just be sending these places money for the rest of my life...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 13, 2011
8:57 PM

Post #8755003

The medical issues can be so exasperating!! Mom has been at the nursing home since last October and she qualified for medicaid. Since she does, that means all of her pension check from her late husband and all but $35.00 of her social security is accepted as payment for her bills. Recently she get a bill for over $3000.00 for the week (yes that is correct--one week) before medicaid started. Last letter said they are going to sue her for lack of payment. Could you explain how she is to pay that with no assets and only 35 a month for personal items? My sister has spoken with the business office and they have informed her it is not our bill to pay--it is Mom's. Okay, so what happens when they sue for lack of payment? Does she end up on the street? Makes one wonder just how these places are run and managed.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 13, 2011
9:04 PM

Post #8755014

Maybe you can tell them, you can give them $10.00 a month!!!! LOL just trying to make light of a ridiculous matter :) and the "doctor" wonders why we don't want to make appointments???!!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 13, 2011
9:55 PM

Post #8755084

Ya, I hate when I have to go in... all I can think of is, oh great another bill!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 14, 2011
9:10 AM

Post #8755718

All we do is laugh about the situation. My sister and I have offered to pay the bill but have repeated been told: "No, it is not your bill".
I agree with of you about not wanting to go in because it is just another huge bill to be dealt with...ah, such is life.

Should be cooler here today, sure hope so.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 16, 2011
3:42 AM

Post #8758957

Ok this is what I have been doing.
Believe it this is 409 yoyos.

Thumbnail by housse301

housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 16, 2011
3:45 AM

Post #8758959

And this is what I will be making.
My background will be black.
So we will see how all turns out.
Nice way to use up scraps and I was able to make yoyos while traveling or watching t.v.

Thumbnail by housse301

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 16, 2011
4:46 AM

Post #8759004

So are the yo-yos just sewed onto the background fabric? I've never made a yo-yo.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 16, 2011
5:42 AM

Post #8759138

good question??? are they sewed on all around?? like an applique??
I got a bin floating around here somewhere, got about a million yo-yos in it!! got it at a yard sale llooonnngg time ago, some of them are stitched together, just a little stitch "in four corners" to hold them together. there are lots of loose ones, seems it might be easier to put them together like this, than to do the little stitches, and would be "stronger" too !!???

stitched to strips, then the strips sewn together??? what size are your pieces?? you could join the charm swap and get some 5'' squares!!!

I love your colors :-)
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 16, 2011
5:52 AM

Post #8759150

I use the clover yo yo maker. Comes in all kinds of sizes and really easy to use.
Then you cut background fabric into strips and chalk mark where you want yoyo to go .
Glue and then do a running stitch.
I will post pics when done.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 16, 2011
5:54 AM

Post #8759155

I was going to do just a yo yo top but did not think it would be strong enough.
The square I start with is 6 inches to make a yoyo.
My background strips are 3 1/2 wide.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 16, 2011

Post #8759196

Jean I have extra yoyo maker if you would like to try I can send.
Good thing does not take much fabric can use leftovers.
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

August 16, 2011
6:52 AM

Post #8759242

Laura, that quilt will looks amazing once it is done!! I like the idea of using scraps and that you can make the Yo-Yos anywhere and any time...now I have more ideas swirling around in my head...lol...my "OMG I want to try this" list is getting longer and longer!!!!
You should do a step by step with lots of pictures for this quilt.
Can`t wait to see the progress and the finished quilt!!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 16, 2011
7:14 AM

Post #8759257

I think I have enough projects "pending" right now. I'll just appreciate your yo-yos!!!!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 16, 2011
8:29 AM

Post #8759389

That is some undertaking Laura! Can't wait to see more pictures as it progresses.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 16, 2011
8:51 AM

Post #8759430

ok, haven't had any experience with making yo-yo's yet. What about the raw edges? When you gather the circle together, will that small edge ravel out after it's washed a few times, or do you have to tuck it inside somehow?
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 16, 2011
8:59 AM

Post #8759439

Laura is more knowledgeable than I am Kathy but from what I have read and seen, you turn under an edge of 1/4" that gets basted down. HELP! Laura help us out.

Kathy, check out the 5" square swap...duh can't seem to get the link moved over here today.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 16, 2011
9:20 AM

Post #8759463

Ok I will try my best to walk all through this.
This is the Clover yoyo maker.
The left circle is the bottom so one on right is top.
I purchased from joanns and comes with great directions.

Thumbnail by housse301

housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 16, 2011
9:21 AM

Post #8759467

So for this size I have cut a 6 inch square and placed on top of the bottom.

Thumbnail by housse301

housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 16, 2011
9:23 AM

Post #8759470

And then place the top on top of the fabric and lock into place.Then cut away extra fabric.

Thumbnail by housse301

housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 16, 2011

Post #8759475

So once all snapped together you will hold down raw edges and stitch in and out of the holes in plactic clover.
Snap inside plastic out and pull threads. Raw edges are on the inside now. Pull tight and knot.
Ta Da you have a yo yo.
Clear as mud????

Thumbnail by housse301

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 16, 2011
5:55 PM

Post #8760095

Very good job Laura. I think I have some of those yo yo thingees, maybe I need to locate them.

jumper2

jumper2
Huron, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 16, 2011
6:43 PM

Post #8760197

nice idea, Laura.

recovered chair seats for DD's dining set for her school apt.

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 16, 2011
8:44 PM

Post #8760558

hmmm, Thanks Laura, looks like I'll have to check out Joann's...

Okie Dokie Lady M... will check it out!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 16, 2011
8:50 PM

Post #8760564

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1210797/ charm swap

that certainly is a spiffy gadget!!!!
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

August 17, 2011
1:19 PM

Post #8761615

Oh Laura, that's going to be gorgeous! I had that magazine set aside because of that pattern and now that you've come up with the black background, I'm even more interested! Love all those colors and on a black background - delicious! :)
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 18, 2011
6:12 AM

Post #8762675

Ok here are a couple of rows with yoyos attached but strips not sewn together yet.
I am really liking the black background.

Thumbnail by housse301

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 18, 2011
6:48 AM

Post #8762760

That is quilte colorful. I actually have black fabric w/bright polka dots that looks like that.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 18, 2011
9:53 PM

Post #8764033

very very nice!!!!

jumper2

jumper2
Huron, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 19, 2011
5:30 AM

Post #8764283

very nice!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2011
6:01 AM

Post #8764385

That is striking!!! It's truly magic what black can do for other colors!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 19, 2011
7:31 AM

Post #8764542

Oh no, I didn't need to get any more ideas in this head of mine! I will never get all of them done...not even 1/8 of them. Beautiful Laura.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 20, 2011
3:26 AM

Post #8765866

Thank you all.
The "people" in the house keep asking "who is it for"?
Silly I am not sure yet. But enjoy making it.
May donate for school to raise money.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

August 20, 2011
3:49 AM

Post #8765887

Housse... I'm impressed and fascinated by the yo-yos. Seen them, heard of them, but never knew how they wer made. Right now, I think I will live vicariously, but someday I know I will try it.

I made four crate covers the seek before last and used them at last weekend's dog show. Made them out of extra blocks from past quilts, scrap pieces to make a 'crazy Q -type of panel, a baby quilt top that I made extra and a throw top that I made with a free hand block, but didn't like the overall out come for a throw. Both the baby Q and the throw cut down for great looking covers. Will post picks when I get a chance this weekend. I'm a bit behind in taking my picks.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 20, 2011
8:33 AM

Post #8766135

I am still amazed at what you do Stu, where in the world do you find all the time? Humm, maybe I just don't manage my time very well. No comments, thank you! LOL

Laura, be sure to post a completed picture.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2011
9:18 AM

Post #8766199

I love those bright yo yos, remind me of zinnias, isn't this one a beaut?

Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2011
9:19 AM

Post #8766204

I just call a call from Barb, they're on the road and will be here soon, about half an hour or so. So excited, can't hardly wait!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2011
9:56 AM

Post #8766282

Oh you lucky ladies...getting together

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 20, 2011
10:15 AM

Post #8766309

That's great --- I'm having serious DG ENVY. I live in the middle of nowhere, and not much near and certainly no DGers to visit with. No wonder I keep so busy with swaps!

My husband got the heat pump installed in the studio we are remodeling. We're one step closer to being able to rent it out.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 20, 2011
8:45 PM

Post #8767730

Lucky you Mittsy!

Pat, very good!! I managed to find an a/c unit today with heat--on sale which is even better. Now to have that installed in place of the antiquated one in the area to be my sewing/craft room.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 20, 2011
9:57 PM

Post #8767850

I wish our house had central AIR but it does not. It has a good commerical unit in the dining room that makes the rest of the house "livable" but darn the dining room is cold! I think putting an A/C unit in our bedroom would cut our overall costs. Maybe next year...

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 21, 2011
7:55 AM

Post #8768388

Pat, we always had a central window AC, but I bought a few box fans from the Dollar Store and placed them between the rooms to distribute the air better. In the winter, we did the same thing to move the heat from the woodstove to the back bedrooms (we lived in a mobile at the time). I wish we could have central installed in this house we live in now, but don't have the extra cash to do it with. The house was built in 1905, plaster walls and hot water heat. So far, we've used AC almost everyday since Spring, and I hate it! Our electric company loves us, though!
I try to open the windows early in the morning, but it gets so humid in here, I give in and cool the house down before hubby gets home from work. Will be glad when it cools off... before December hopefully. We bought one of those portable floor ACs to use in my sewing room, and it keeps the upper rooms decently comfortable. I have too many projects to finish for Christmas to sit in a hot room with only one window!
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 23, 2011
5:00 AM

Post #8772429

Here are 3 of my quilts hanging at the Cute As A Bug's Ear booth at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Festival:)

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 23, 2011
5:42 AM

Post #8772500

Sondra how great is that? You must have a sense of pride seeing all your hard work up for all to see.
Are the quilts for sale ? Or just the patterns.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 23, 2011
6:42 AM

Post #8772589

Wonderful! Very colorful. I hope you sell a bunch of patterns.
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

August 23, 2011

Post #8772624

Sondra beautiful quilts!!!! Such an accomplishment and like others said...I hope you sell a lot of the patterns!!!
Where can we buy the patterns? I really love the black/white/red!!!
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 23, 2011
7:06 AM

Post #8772629

Thea, send me your email:)
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 23, 2011
7:27 AM

Post #8772657

Very well done Sondra!

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 23, 2011
11:29 AM

Post #8773064

Way to go, Sondra! Hope this venture works out for you!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 23, 2011
4:32 PM

Post #8773527

Hope the sales go through the roof!!!! I love your designs as you well know!!!
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

August 24, 2011
7:48 AM

Post #8774423

Way to go, Sondra!!!! :) I'm glad I bought Debonair - and I'm still planning on making that quilt one of these days! :)

I cleaned up my studio (a little) and I've been piddlin' around, but the only thing I've made that's worth keeping is a friend. :)

I had a wonderful time at Christi's house (LouC) and it felt like I'd known her forever. She and her hubs are just lovely and even the four-legged people who live there are welcoming and sweet.

Just a beautiful lady and such a fun afternoon - thank you, Christi! :)

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 25, 2011
4:54 PM

Post #8776861

Aren't friends wonderful?????
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 26, 2011
4:36 PM

Post #8778616

Z&S 50% off sale
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=f8lv8ubab&v=001BrgDgGpztzfRkdEcZYXdWpc7KbMc9c5e3w69WxyxBa_Ld4DTAzpR1O-jqO68P8N3vqz9B1AsEHkH5qQDjyxTuXPhpdb5rB8qTD33CGBVZCYL6ACYKUdeug==

If that link doesn't work try: zandsfabrics.com
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 27, 2011
3:52 AM

Post #8779225

The outer, outer edge of Irene is over us. Just overcast & a steady light drizzle. Just heard she is now a Cat 1 hurricane but still LARGE. Most small stores in the area are closing @noon. I need to go out & get kitty litter - of all things to run out of the day before the storm. Will do that in just a bit.
And we have folks coming to look at the house 1030-1130. Then I will bring the potted plants & porch furniture in after they are gone. Then stay in & look out.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 27, 2011
6:06 AM

Post #8779323

Be safe Jean. LOL oh yes, we must not forget our little 4 legged babies needs.
Hope the showing brings favorite results with the house.
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 27, 2011
3:36 PM

Post #8780041

I am finally on the last two blocks for my free Block Of The Month on my blog:) The bottom middle block is August and it's called "Cassy Laughs Out Loud" because a good friend helped me get the idea out of my head on what I wanted to do. The bottom right block is September and it's simply called "Peace Out". I should have the pdf's up on my blog later tonight or tomorrow and all the previous block pdf's are available for download on my blog at http://www.mojoquiltdesigns.wordpress.com. And by the way, has anyone seen where I put those missing 7 sashings?

This message was edited Aug 27, 2011 4:38 PM

This message was edited Aug 27, 2011 8:23 PM

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 27, 2011
5:04 PM

Post #8780154

I think the cat ate them. Was that them or a hairball over there in the corner??????
Wonderful job Sondra and I will be over to the site in the morning. How did you make out from the show in Colorado???
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 27, 2011
7:21 PM

Post #8780359

the Colorado show turned out pretty good:) she sold 16 patterns for me. I had to take down the January through July pdf's in order to get the August and September block pdf's to show on the blog. If anyone wants the previous month's blocks just message me your email and I'll send them by email:) and I found 4 of the sashings! still missing 3...
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 28, 2011
2:56 AM

Post #8780621

Look behind the sewing/cutting table. I'm always amazed what I find back there.

The quilt is great. I think the shoes, purse, and big flower are my favorites.
I'm envisioning that flower made in shades of all different colors...

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

August 28, 2011
7:24 AM

Post #8780874

This is a top I made yesterday while waiting for the hurricane to arrive. Kind of a jelly roll 1600.I didn't like how the two halfs looked together so I cut each piece in half and reassembled them. Haven't ironed it yet. Might make a couple tops today for Quilts for Kids.

Thumbnail by Catbird423

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 28, 2011
9:18 AM

Post #8781080

Robin, is it going to have a "frame" or border of brown? Very nice color combination.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 28, 2011
9:42 AM

Post #8781135

Robin, I like the top. Pat's suggestion of a border of brown sounds nice. Funny but that is the color that popped into my mind also.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2011
10:02 AM

Post #8781160

I'd like a bright gold...but then I'm strange!!!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 28, 2011
10:16 AM

Post #8781182

Hummmm... gold, blue, then deep brown... I LOVE borders!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 28, 2011
11:46 AM

Post #8781345

The sun is shining!!!!!!! Still BREEZY but sun... lots of sun!!!!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2011
11:54 AM

Post #8781358

That wonderful Jean!!!! So happy to know you are okay. Wind is coming on strong here now. I'll be back later...

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

August 28, 2011
2:09 PM

Post #8781564

Yes I plan to put a border on it, was also thinking about applicating autumn leaves on it or maybe sunflowers.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 28, 2011
2:19 PM

Post #8781584

Robin !!! it is GREAT !!! :) an applique would be fantastic on that !!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 28, 2011
2:39 PM

Post #8781612

OHhhhh I love those borders with applique!!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 29, 2011

Post #8782688

Barb & those up north - how are you doing????
I can't believe what FANTASTIC weather we have predicted for the next week. Mid 80s and 60s at nite. The windows are already open.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 29, 2011
6:34 AM

Post #8782700

It was 68 here when I went out to get the paper but quickly rising. Bummer. Another depression to keep our eye on!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 29, 2011
6:46 AM

Post #8782720

Jean it is gorgeous here today too!!!! My windows are open and there is still a slight "breeze" left from Irene. It is heavenly.
We are fine here. The river which flows through town went over it's banks and did some damage but not too bad. It could have been so much worse. The winds did some damage with trees and branches but it was the water which really destroyed things here in NH. The flooding is widespread. I'm so lucky, like you, to live at the TOP of a hill...
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 29, 2011
6:53 AM

Post #8782734

But a NH hill is much higher than a MD "hill". Mine is more of a NH "bump"!!!!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 29, 2011
7:28 AM

Post #8782787

Just grinning here at your description!!! I do love our bumps and hills and mountains. I guess it's just a case of where you are at the moment!!

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

August 29, 2011
7:28 AM

Post #8782788

I was lucky where I parked my car during the storm. I parked it on the other side of the street on Friday, If I had parked it where I usually did, I might have had a couple of big tree limbs on it, but I dodged that one.

This is the other quilt top I made this weekend. Still need to put a border in it.

Thumbnail by Catbird423

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

August 29, 2011
7:33 AM

Post #8782808

Really nice colors Cat. Hope everyone faired the storm well. Made a Wizard of Oz quilt top this weekend. Will take a pic tonite.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 29, 2011
7:46 AM

Post #8782834

Robin, that is pretty and bright!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 29, 2011
7:48 AM

Post #8782840

Nice top Robin.

Now, now ladies let's not get into an argument of who has the highest "bumps" LOL

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 29, 2011
8:37 AM

Post #8782932

Gravity got mine Marion!!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 29, 2011

Post #8783014

LOL!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 29, 2011
10:52 AM

Post #8783166

BARB!!!!!! LOL

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 29, 2011
11:01 AM

Post #8783181

No bumps here either
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 29, 2011
11:04 AM

Post #8783183

..okay,. so I opened mouth and inserted foot.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 29, 2011
11:13 AM

Post #8783198

No bumps here. Sorry Marion I could not resist...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 29, 2011
11:16 AM

Post #8783205

I shall write one hundred times: I will think before typing, I will think be typing, I will...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 29, 2011
11:23 AM

Post #8783213

That's okay Marion. We needed a chuckle for the day!!!!!
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

August 29, 2011
12:05 PM

Post #8783286

Barb you are soooo right about that.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 29, 2011
6:04 PM

Post #8783837

Do we have bumps in Havana Fl. two sides question?
Longboat Key is flat dall beach and is older than 75
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 29, 2011
6:31 PM

Post #8783902

Yes, we have some bumps referred to as rolling hills!! Not putting my foot in mouth this time. Helene, that part of the state is very flat!!! I can remember when I-75 didn't exist through that area. Does that date me? Oh well, so be it!!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 29, 2011
6:37 PM

Post #8783928

Daahling, I meant I am 75 never mind the highway --watch that foot ----
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 29, 2011
6:45 PM

Post #8783953

It is only numbers Helene, I am not that far behind you! Trying to pull it out...

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 29, 2011
6:47 PM

Post #8783960

LOL ----Life should be funny not sad
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 29, 2011
6:48 PM

Post #8783967

I so agree..inspite of the sadness we sometimes encounter...life is still fun.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 29, 2011
8:35 PM

Post #8784221

At work my boss said "You know that magazine, the ARNP one? the one that goes to old people?" I laughed and said "I get that one!"

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 29, 2011
8:39 PM

Post #8784232

:-)

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 1, 2011
8:01 PM

Post #8789519

i have been with the "ARNP" for more years than I want to know. DH was 5 years older, when he turned 50 wanted to join AARP so bad but as a very vain man, he didn't want to admit to 50 - who would have cared only the postman saw the mag coming. ---He applied in MY Name with AARP I was 45.

Anyhow this is "Lily in a pond" not quite ready as my machine is in the shop again. I want to embroider gooslings (DD have an issue with geese) and perhaps some frogs (they have an issue with frogs) it is a wallhanging onto grey NJ Sandstone wall ( the stone is very unique coloration native only to Pa and NJ I think?) to replace Cardinal Wall hanging I boasted last year. They have a pond in the backyard and waterways and trees and acres and hardly any lawn, flowers are being eating as salad bar by the heards of deer.She has acquired the love for Hostas and such but can't have them. I am thinking there is no Mecca...Anyhow Lily block is PP and in the Quiltmakers 100 Blocks vol #3 my own addition as to pond. Very happy with this one.

This message was edited Sep 1, 2011 10:10 PM

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 2, 2011
3:34 AM

Post #8789760

Very nice indeed Helene...
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

September 2, 2011
3:44 AM

Post #8789766

Helene that is just amazing. PP is somthing that is on my list of things to do...the list gets longer and longer

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 2, 2011
5:23 AM

Post #8789832

Very nice Helene. I love your creativity. You get an idea and there it is - done!!! Sorry to hear the machine is back in the shop again. I think I would asking for a new one by now!!! Sounds like it may have been a lemon to begin with.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 2, 2011

Post #8789948

Beautiful work Helene.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 2, 2011
8:50 AM

Post #8790138

thank you one and all - yes the machine is a headache. The only problem is that it doesn't read imported patterns, and that is a feature I really want. Won't read via cable or usb port or card. No ABC in the machine LOL
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

September 4, 2011
11:00 AM

Post #8792823

Helene that Wall Hanging is beautiful!!! I love the colours..PP is something I have never tried yet...it looks HARD!! lol
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 4, 2011
12:00 PM

Post #8792891

New season...time for a new thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1217989/

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America