Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Chrysler Imperial vs. Mr. Lincoln

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

I am curious which rose performs better, to those that have both: Chrysler Imperial or Mr Lincoln.
Which blooms the most?
Which has less Black Spot?
Which is more fragrant?
What problems have you had with either?
What are the pluses for each rose?

Richmond, TX

I have both and it may be hard for me to give a balanced comparison as one of my Mr Lincolns is being swallowed up by a couple of climbers, and another is in a lot of shade. However from what I have observed the Chrysler Imperial is doing slightly better across the board. She seems to rebloom more and holds her leaves better in spite of black spot. They are both very fragrant - to my nose, but I often sense rose scents differently than described. Without pruning, the Mr Lincoln has grown very tall while the Chrysler Imperial is more dense. Both have lived with my benign neglect for many years while other Hybrid teas croaked.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

porkpal: Very good information! Before I purchased my C. I., I observed both shrubs, and I too thought the C. I. was a little bit better performer all around. I purchased the C. I. My brother has Mr Lincoln. I think Mr. Lincoln is more pillar shaped and the C.I. is bushier. They both have beautiful red roses. Thank you for your input.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.