JULY CRAZY CRITTER SWAP PT 2

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

WE CAME FROM HERE : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1190277/

PLEASE POST A PICTURE OF YOUR BOX AS SOON AS YOU CAN WE WANT TO SEE YOUR NEW CRITTERS.
IF YOU HAVE NO CAMAERA PLEASE LET LINDA K OR MYSELF KNOW & WE CAN LET YOUR PARTNER TAKE A PICTURE BEFORE IT IS MAILED .

MAIL OUT DATE IS JULY 28TH BUT LOOKS AS THERE IS GOING TO MANY NEW CRITTERS IN THE YARD SOONER THEN PLANNED :)

ALSO DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEED BACK ON YOUR PARTNER SO IT WILL HELP THEM IN FUTURE SWAPS.

PLEASE IF YOUR SENDING BREAKABLES TAKE THE TIME TO PACK THEM WELL ,
IF SENDING PLANTS SEND PRIOITY & CONF# ITS GOING TO TURN HOT .

CRITTERS

#1 TATERS55
#2 RIDESREDMULE
#3 MUD_ELF
#4 HEAVENSCAPE
#5 AMANDAESQ--------REC'D
#6 MUTTLOVER
#7 IRISLUVR0252-----REC'D
#8 ROBYZNEST
#9 CVILLE_GARDENER
#10 FOTV
#11 CRIT
#12 JSXTIGER----------REC'D
#13 JANAESTONE
#14 GAGIRL1066--------REC'D
#15 CUE_CHIK
#16 PURPBUTFLY
#17 OUTLAWHEART81
# 18 CLANCAMPBELL
#19 ROSERAIRIE
# 20 DEEJAY9------REC'D

This message was edited Jul 10, 2011 7:07 AM

This message was edited Jul 14, 2011 7:15 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the new room, Susie. It helps us dial-uppers a lot. ^_^

The P.O. says my swap box landed at its destination a little while ago. I hope it traveled well. ^_^

Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL(Zone 7b)

Well darn,, guess it was not me.. All I got today was 25 hostas from Countryboygardens!!

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

More Hostas??? Seriously?

Elfie, we're going to have to do an intervention for you!! You need to join HAMAMA.. Hostas Are Mine All Mine Anonymous :)

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

That's hilarious, Chris.

I'm getting ticked off. My plan was to order a really special gift for my buddy from a vendor I've dealt with before, but haven't heard a peep out of him since I sent my request last week-end. If I don't hear back in the next few days, we're going with Plan B...whatever that is! lol

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I can't BELIEVE that I am the recipient of the first collection of critters! Thanks MA! You shouldn't have!!!

I think Crit noted on a different thread (or someone) that the mail folk were getting tired of having to walk up the drive with another priority mail box. LOL

Carole/Cville_gardner sent me a wonderful package full of critters! She sent a useful critter (dragonfly on a rock which hides your housekey inside), a very handsome critter (a terra cotta looking rooster which has found a place on my mantel) a crazy critter (froggie swinging from a tire and he will swing from my pecan tree when I can get him out there), and some wonderful little presents like a tiny red and white heart-shaped murano (sp?) glass paperweight, a tiny journal with a magnetic clasp/cover, a Dockers leather wallet thingee which is the perfect thingee for me! Carole - I used to carry (purchased and lost quite a few!) black Hartman business card holder(s) with my cash folded up in there with my biz cards and credit cards. This one has a key ring! Outstanding. :)

Perhaps my favorite part was the butterfly gift bag that held these extras. Ooops! Better still, the stachysis/lambs ear for my dog Max's white flowered memory garden.

Thanks ever so much. The very handsome critter is on the mantel, the crazy critter has a temporary place, and the useful critter - well I can't take a picture of that one or you all will know how to enter my house!

Loveyou Mammy. :D

A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Very handsome critter, far right...

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Amanda, I love those critters! Nice job Carole!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Nice visual effect on the first picture, kiddo! I didn't send those bugs, that's for sure. LOL.

I hope the Lamb's Ears for Max made it okay. I had another one to go in the box with that one I sent, but there wasn't enough room and I was afraid it would get too squished.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

I saw your sign like this in one of the pics. ^_^

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh wow - the lamb's ear is gorgeous. In the spring I asked my crazy neighbor lady (HA! Kettle calling the pot black)(yes, she is the pot) if I could have some of hers. She said when she thinned it out I could have some. She never did. Made like she forgot. While I was standing there one day she pulled a few leaves up with stringy roots/runners, and they passed away quietly.

The leaves on yours are so broad and soft I had to put it up to my face and close my eyes. :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes! You too? Yer so smart. ;)

I hadn't thought to post it on the fence, but I think that's great. I had wanted to put a post in the ground kinda like the ones we installed at the library/city park where I'd developed the NWF wildlife habitat sign(s), but it will go well with my "critter crossing" and "Warning Strange Dog" signs. :D

Have a lovely day.
A.

GM All Very nice Handsome critter :) I Have a Few Key Rocks Hidden around the yard Don't ask where for they are BURIED In Weeds right Now .
Amanda : I Have all the LAMBSEAR YOU WANT JUST pay the posage that how I got my start :) & look at it now :)

Going to be a very Hot weekend But I Hope to get my Partners Box ready to go out this next week , i have to go into town this morning for some good soil for a SPECIAL PLANT :)
well off to get daddys bkf so you all have a great day .
susie

Thumbnail by deejay9
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Pretty!

Thanks for the offer Susie. I am so far behind with my plants due to my hand injury I'm going to hold off though. I am having a GREAT time out there today though. It's relatively cool (62 overnight) and low humidity. High is *only* 89. :)

Get out there!

Thanks again Cville. And also for the idea on my garden sign which is hanging nicely on the fence.

A.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Everything is beautiful. Love that little frog. Never do wrong with a frog, HUH?

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

:) can't wait to get out of work and do some shopping & shipping!

I had my box all ready to go, had it sealed and all, turned on the printer, looked for paper, humm ya mean you have to buy paper?? So now we are waiting for Ralph to get home tonight with the paper,,,,sigh...

Kriss WHA I thought you sent your box for this swap ???????

Nope, I am a mess here. I thought it was going out too and then it did not,,sigh. I promice it will be on its way tomarrow. I have 6 boxes to mail & 6 labels ready to print and no paper, good thing the post office account holds all the info untill I print!!

Bad Elf,, Very Bad Elf,,,,

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

Taking my critters to work tomorrow so I can ship them when I get out!!! I think "someone" will really like it....I hope!
I really love seeing all the cool critters you got. Do I have to send one of each kind of critter? A crazy, a handsome, and a useful? Now maybe I need to shop a little more. :)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

No, you only need to send one critter, Outlaw. That was just my clever little take on it. LOL. ^_^

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes - it's the clever ones you have to look out for.

SOME OF THESE GALS SORTA GET CARRIED AWAY ON THESE SWAPS :)))☺ You ask why??? stick with us & You will find out you will be the talk of your street with the most beautyful Gardens On your BLOCK ☺
well i have been moving a few of my Hens & CHICKS was trying to work on my partners SURPRISE but its going to take a few days Now to Dry .

they say rains moving in over night so guess i better bring it in . back later.
susie

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

I already think I've gotten carried away!! :) I want to share my stuff thaat I have so far but it's a surprise! :D I am so excited because my partner has such neat similar interests, and the similarities don't end there! ;)

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Susie, you're absolutely right that it's easy to get carried away. Like you just did, Mammy to Amanda!

I've been in the same predicament, Elfie, trying to mail boxes when we lived in our camper. Never did seem to have the right sizes and my small printer was constantly running out of ink. Remember how late I was with Ralphie's Father's Day box when we were on vacation and had to scrounge at a local grocery store there for the right size box and all the packing stuff?!

Frogs are good anytime here, Char.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

That one is a winner for sure....

Oh Fruity That MISS Froggie is such a cutie All Dressed in her Sunday Best ☺

about ready to walk the Gardens dady is still sleeping , Frankie is at the door Gobbling for me so I will pour my coffee & go for my early walk better put on my MUD slippers its wet out there :)
BACK SOON >

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Wow! what a wonderful box of critter, good job.

I finally found some little critters and a Christmas present, but I want one more thing in the box and it is drying now. So next week someone special will get a box from me.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I do love your froggie FOTV.

I am trying to figure out where to hang my CRAZY critter, the froggie in the tire swing. I'm afraid the squirrels might get the wrong idea and try to get a free ride.

Will let you know where he lands, Cville. My "rock" is already on the front porch at the step next to the bobble head turtle. :)

I did notice the tiny paw print stickers on the underside of the rock, by the way. Cute.

I wrote in my journal yesterday - in pencil! - about garden stuff. So that will be this year's garden notebook as I am woefully behind and DG only tells 1/2 the story.

Have a good one!

A.

The Jounal Is also a Great Place to Jot down Month swaps what you rec'd from whom :) Just got home
& Now to go put lunch on for daddy then hope to get some weeding done before the mail gets here with more PLants :)

So Back later
susie

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Quoting:
I did notice the tiny paw print stickers on the underside of the rock, by the way. Cute.

A.

Yah, those are my prints ... sometimes I crawl under a rock and hide. ^_^

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

We need to get our rocks closer together so we can visit each othedr, cause that's where I am most days and nights too.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

i AM a rock.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I am an Island,... sorry Brought back memories of high school and Simon and Garfunkel.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Well of course that was my inspiration too. :)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

And a rock never cries;
And an island feels no pain ... ♪♪♫♪♫♪♪♪

Yep, high school daze. We're dating ourselves, Robyn. ^_^

Ok,, we really have nothing to do today do we????

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

WHAT.

TELL me that YOU have something to do today. :P

A.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

I do, I do, I do have something to do today and I'm right on schedule too. I have 3 hours left to get it done. It will only take a couple of minutes to do.

Now if I can just remember what it was that had to be done, I'll be in good shape and I don't mean body wise, I've already excercised today. That cup of coffee was heavy and my elbow hurts from all the heavy lifting. I have to let it rest so I can join Jax in a cuppa.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Tee hee.

Actually, I planted 11 or 12 perennials and shrubs today. I am tired ... not to mention sweaty and stinky. PU, girls.

^_^

This message was edited Jul 1, 2011 4:45 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.