Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: JULY CRAZY CRITTER SWAP PT 2

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 241, Views: 1,382
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2011
3:29 PM

Post #8662652

WE CAME FROM HERE : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1190277/

PLEASE POST A PICTURE OF YOUR BOX AS SOON AS YOU CAN WE WANT TO SEE YOUR NEW CRITTERS.
IF YOU HAVE NO CAMAERA PLEASE LET LINDA K OR MYSELF KNOW & WE CAN LET YOUR PARTNER TAKE A PICTURE BEFORE IT IS MAILED .

MAIL OUT DATE IS JULY 28TH BUT LOOKS AS THERE IS GOING TO MANY NEW CRITTERS IN THE YARD SOONER THEN PLANNED :)

ALSO DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEED BACK ON YOUR PARTNER SO IT WILL HELP THEM IN FUTURE SWAPS.

PLEASE IF YOUR SENDING BREAKABLES TAKE THE TIME TO PACK THEM WELL ,
IF SENDING PLANTS SEND PRIOITY & CONF# ITS GOING TO TURN HOT .

CRITTERS

#1 TATERS55
#2 RIDESREDMULE
#3 MUD_ELF
#4 HEAVENSCAPE
#5 AMANDAESQ--------REC'D
#6 MUTTLOVER
#7 IRISLUVR0252-----REC'D
#8 ROBYZNEST
#9 CVILLE_GARDENER
#10 FOTV
#11 CRIT
#12 JSXTIGER----------REC'D
#13 JANAESTONE
#14 GAGIRL1066--------REC'D
#15 CUE_CHIK
#16 PURPBUTFLY
#17 OUTLAWHEART81
# 18 CLANCAMPBELL
#19 ROSERAIRIE
# 20 DEEJAY9------REC'D

This message was edited Jul 10, 2011 7:07 AM

This message was edited Jul 14, 2011 7:15 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

June 29, 2011
3:36 PM

Post #8662664

Thanks for the new room, Susie. It helps us dial-uppers a lot. ^_^

The P.O. says my swap box landed at its destination a little while ago. I hope it traveled well. ^_^

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2011
5:33 PM

Post #8662864

Well darn,, guess it was not me.. All I got today was 25 hostas from Countryboygardens!!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

June 29, 2011
5:42 PM

Post #8662884

More Hostas??? Seriously?

Elfie, we're going to have to do an intervention for you!! You need to join HAMAMA.. Hostas Are Mine All Mine Anonymous :)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 29, 2011
6:58 PM

Post #8663003

That's hilarious, Chris.

I'm getting ticked off. My plan was to order a really special gift for my buddy from a vendor I've dealt with before, but haven't heard a peep out of him since I sent my request last week-end. If I don't hear back in the next few days, we're going with Plan B...whatever that is! lol

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2011
8:12 PM

Post #8663198

I can't BELIEVE that I am the recipient of the first collection of critters! Thanks MA! You shouldn't have!!!

I think Crit noted on a different thread (or someone) that the mail folk were getting tired of having to walk up the drive with another priority mail box. LOL

Carole/Cville_gardner sent me a wonderful package full of critters! She sent a useful critter (dragonfly on a rock which hides your housekey inside), a very handsome critter (a terra cotta looking rooster which has found a place on my mantel) a crazy critter (froggie swinging from a tire and he will swing from my pecan tree when I can get him out there), and some wonderful little presents like a tiny red and white heart-shaped murano (sp?) glass paperweight, a tiny journal with a magnetic clasp/cover, a Dockers leather wallet thingee which is the perfect thingee for me! Carole - I used to carry (purchased and lost quite a few!) black Hartman business card holder(s) with my cash folded up in there with my biz cards and credit cards. This one has a key ring! Outstanding. :)

Perhaps my favorite part was the butterfly gift bag that held these extras. Ooops! Better still, the stachysis/lambs ear for my dog Max's white flowered memory garden.

Thanks ever so much. The very handsome critter is on the mantel, the crazy critter has a temporary place, and the useful critter - well I can't take a picture of that one or you all will know how to enter my house!

Loveyou Mammy. :D

A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2011
8:35 PM

Post #8663247

Very handsome critter, far right...

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 30, 2011
1:19 AM

Post #8663468

Amanda, I love those critters! Nice job Carole!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

June 30, 2011
2:59 AM

Post #8663496

Nice visual effect on the first picture, kiddo! I didn't send those bugs, that's for sure. LOL.

I hope the Lamb's Ears for Max made it okay. I had another one to go in the box with that one I sent, but there wasn't enough room and I was afraid it would get too squished.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

June 30, 2011
3:04 AM

Post #8663497

I saw your sign like this in one of the pics. ^_^

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2011
3:05 AM

Post #8663499

Oh wow - the lamb's ear is gorgeous. In the spring I asked my crazy neighbor lady (HA! Kettle calling the pot black)(yes, she is the pot) if I could have some of hers. She said when she thinned it out I could have some. She never did. Made like she forgot. While I was standing there one day she pulled a few leaves up with stringy roots/runners, and they passed away quietly.

The leaves on yours are so broad and soft I had to put it up to my face and close my eyes. :)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2011
3:08 AM

Post #8663501

Yes! You too? Yer so smart. ;)

I hadn't thought to post it on the fence, but I think that's great. I had wanted to put a post in the ground kinda like the ones we installed at the library/city park where I'd developed the NWF wildlife habitat sign(s), but it will go well with my "critter crossing" and "Warning Strange Dog" signs. :D

Have a lovely day.
A.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 30, 2011
4:35 AM

Post #8663571

GM All Very nice Handsome critter :) I Have a Few Key Rocks Hidden around the yard Don't ask where for they are BURIED In Weeds right Now .
Amanda : I Have all the LAMBSEAR YOU WANT JUST pay the posage that how I got my start :) & look at it now :)

Going to be a very Hot weekend But I Hope to get my Partners Box ready to go out this next week , i have to go into town this morning for some good soil for a SPECIAL PLANT :)
well off to get daddys bkf so you all have a great day .
susie

Thumbnail by deejay9

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2011
5:05 AM

Post #8663604

Pretty!

Thanks for the offer Susie. I am so far behind with my plants due to my hand injury I'm going to hold off though. I am having a GREAT time out there today though. It's relatively cool (62 overnight) and low humidity. High is *only* 89. :)

Get out there!

Thanks again Cville. And also for the idea on my garden sign which is hanging nicely on the fence.

A.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 30, 2011
6:19 AM

Post #8663701

Everything is beautiful. Love that little frog. Never do wrong with a frog, HUH?

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 30, 2011
6:30 AM

Post #8663716

:) can't wait to get out of work and do some shopping & shipping!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2011
7:53 AM

Post #8663848

I had my box all ready to go, had it sealed and all, turned on the printer, looked for paper, humm ya mean you have to buy paper?? So now we are waiting for Ralph to get home tonight with the paper,,,sigh...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 30, 2011
7:58 AM

Post #8663855

Kriss WHA I thought you sent your box for this swap ???????

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2011
8:02 AM

Post #8663865

Nope, I am a mess here. I thought it was going out too and then it did not,,sigh. I promice it will be on its way tomarrow. I have 6 boxes to mail & 6 labels ready to print and no paper, good thing the post office account holds all the info untill I print!!

Bad Elf,, Very Bad Elf,,,

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 30, 2011
1:22 PM

Post #8664538

Taking my critters to work tomorrow so I can ship them when I get out!!! I think "someone" will really like it...I hope!
I really love seeing all the cool critters you got. Do I have to send one of each kind of critter? A crazy, a handsome, and a useful? Now maybe I need to shop a little more. :)

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

June 30, 2011
1:27 PM

Post #8664547

No, you only need to send one critter, Outlaw. That was just my clever little take on it. LOL. ^_^

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2011
2:25 PM

Post #8664661

Yes - it's the clever ones you have to look out for.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

June 30, 2011
3:04 PM

Post #8664737

SOME OF THESE GALS SORTA GET CARRIED AWAY ON THESE SWAPS :)))☺ You ask why??? stick with us & You will find out you will be the talk of your street with the most beautyful Gardens On your BLOCK ☺
well i have been moving a few of my Hens & CHICKS was trying to work on my partners SURPRISE but its going to take a few days Now to Dry .

they say rains moving in over night so guess i better bring it in . back later.
susie

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

June 30, 2011
3:40 PM

Post #8664826

I already think I've gotten carried away!! :) I want to share my stuff thaat I have so far but it's a surprise! :D I am so excited because my partner has such neat similar interests, and the similarities don't end there! ;)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 30, 2011
5:27 PM

Post #8664990

Susie, you're absolutely right that it's easy to get carried away. Like you just did, Mammy to Amanda!

I've been in the same predicament, Elfie, trying to mail boxes when we lived in our camper. Never did seem to have the right sizes and my small printer was constantly running out of ink. Remember how late I was with Ralphie's Father's Day box when we were on vacation and had to scrounge at a local grocery store there for the right size box and all the packing stuff?!

Frogs are good anytime here, Char.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

June 30, 2011
5:32 PM

Post #8664999

That one is a winner for sure...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 1, 2011
3:55 AM

Post #8665632

Oh Fruity That MISS Froggie is such a cutie All Dressed in her Sunday Best ☺

about ready to walk the Gardens dady is still sleeping , Frankie is at the door Gobbling for me so I will pour my coffee & go for my early walk better put on my MUD slippers its wet out there :)
BACK SOON >

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 1, 2011
6:34 AM

Post #8665863

Wow! what a wonderful box of critter, good job.

I finally found some little critters and a Christmas present, but I want one more thing in the box and it is drying now. So next week someone special will get a box from me.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2011
8:12 AM

Post #8665999

I do love your froggie FOTV.

I am trying to figure out where to hang my CRAZY critter, the froggie in the tire swing. I'm afraid the squirrels might get the wrong idea and try to get a free ride.

Will let you know where he lands, Cville. My "rock" is already on the front porch at the step next to the bobble head turtle. :)

I did notice the tiny paw print stickers on the underside of the rock, by the way. Cute.

I wrote in my journal yesterday - in pencil! - about garden stuff. So that will be this year's garden notebook as I am woefully behind and DG only tells 1/2 the story.

Have a good one!

A.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 1, 2011
8:57 AM

Post #8666055

The Jounal Is also a Great Place to Jot down Month swaps what you rec'd from whom :) Just got home
& Now to go put lunch on for daddy then hope to get some weeding done before the mail gets here with more PLants :)

So Back later
susie

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2011
9:43 AM

Post #8666116

[quote]I did notice the tiny paw print stickers on the underside of the rock, by the way. Cute.

A.[/quote]

Yah, those are my prints ... sometimes I crawl under a rock and hide. ^_^

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 1, 2011
9:55 AM

Post #8666137

We need to get our rocks closer together so we can visit each othedr, cause that's where I am most days and nights too.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2011
9:58 AM

Post #8666139

i AM a rock.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 1, 2011
11:09 AM

Post #8666271

I am an Island,... sorry Brought back memories of high school and Simon and Garfunkel.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2011
11:19 AM

Post #8666296

Well of course that was my inspiration too. :)

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2011
11:45 AM

Post #8666343

And a rock never cries;
And an island feels no pain ... ♪♪♫♪♫♪♪♪

Yep, high school daze. We're dating ourselves, Robyn. ^_^

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2011
11:52 AM

Post #8666356

Ok,, we really have nothing to do today do we????

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2011
12:12 PM

Post #8666413

WHAT.

TELL me that YOU have something to do today. :P

A.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 1, 2011
12:28 PM

Post #8666440

I do, I do, I do have something to do today and I'm right on schedule too. I have 3 hours left to get it done. It will only take a couple of minutes to do.

Now if I can just remember what it was that had to be done, I'll be in good shape and I don't mean body wise, I've already excercised today. That cup of coffee was heavy and my elbow hurts from all the heavy lifting. I have to let it rest so I can join Jax in a cuppa.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2011
2:02 PM

Post #8666595

Tee hee.

Actually, I planted 11 or 12 perennials and shrubs today. I am tired ... not to mention sweaty and stinky. PU, girls.

^_^

This message was edited Jul 1, 2011 4:45 PM

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2011
2:12 PM

Post #8666615

Carole - I finally had to come in - standing up and bending down over a bag of soil and transplanting my crops for the summer... I think something rushed to my head, and I feel seriously oookie.

Our weather gauge says 107 in the sun.

Hope it passes. I will go and curl up on the a/c register on the floor in the kitchen.

A.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 1, 2011
2:17 PM

Post #8666620

sounds like my Boston Terrier, he will do that...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 1, 2011
2:44 PM

Post #8666669

EVENING All Long day doc'd then Pulling weeds , friend came so I Took a coffee Break & Then I Rec;d a Box of BRUGS in the mail I Wanted & GOT
NAUGHTY NICK & BRENDA BEAUTY Named after A Niece & Nephew But the Lady sent 4 More
Emeral Frost , Miss Caylie & I have a G Niece by that name SO that was Cool & I just met one of my nieghbors & her name is ILADEL & I Now have a Brug Named ILA MARIE so cool & Then i also got one called Butterfly :))) I'm so excited got them all planted & now How to keep them alive :)))) .

Really want to find a RED sanguinea brug one day :))) I was told they do very well here in the North .
Maybe I should add it to my Birthday wish list on my facebook :) HEHE
well daddy wants spare Ribs this week end so Guess I will go load him into the car & Go pick some up need to pick up a few other things so you all have a good night.

HAPPY 4th Weekend
susie

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2011
2:48 PM

Post #8666678

Happy Fourth of July weekend, everyone!!! ^_^

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 1, 2011
5:10 PM

Post #8666903

Ditto on the Happy RWB. God bless the USA.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2011
6:32 PM

Post #8667015

Oooh, I have some of those same paw prints too, don't I, Carole?

Y'all take it easy out there. Gotta say the do-wrap you sent me, Char, is really coming in handy on these awfully hot days. Told hubby I might look like a dork wearing it tied up next to my visor, but who cares? I'm far from a fashionista and will do whatever it takes to stay cool.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2011
6:38 PM

Post #8667030

My box is packed, and labled and postage paid!!!! So it goes out tomarrow morning,,, FINALLY...lol

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 2, 2011
4:33 AM

Post #8667464

OOOOP FRUITY I Love that rock , if my buddy has a spare rock I WOULD LOVE IT :)

GM all They say Muggy & Humid weekend So Guess I well be in most of the day & time to work on my partners
Special Gift & Critter. ya all have a great day.

susie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 2, 2011
4:05 PM

Post #8668516

Thinking that vendor must be on a cruise cause it's been a week and haven't heard a peep out of him. You just gave me a great idea, Susie! The rock up there is one Carole decorated for me for the 1st rock swap. It was in the butterfly garden but some of the plants grew so well the rock's been relocated to show off its pretty butterflies better.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 2, 2011
4:28 PM

Post #8668560

I am so happy to see that rock looking very much like it did when it was first sent, Sooze. ^_^ Now I know that a couple coats of ModPodge work well to seal rocks ... or at least seems to work as well as the polyurethane spray ... at least in the short term. Or maybe you resealed it with poly? I forgot to ask. That would be fine too.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 2, 2011
5:38 PM

Post #8668676

I haven't done a thing to it, Carole, except move it around, and it still looks just like the day I received it :) Both the rock swaps were a lot of fun and hope Neener will host another one this Fall or Winter.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 2, 2011

Post #8668752

I Wish I WAS A PAINTER but i just didn't get that side of MOTHERS Genes Only their Looks ,
Its been very hot & muggy today so waited till this evening went out & Watered they said rainy but it is all south of us
so all is watered & I'm ready to lay back for the evening you all have a good night .

COOL JAZZ

Thumbnail by deejay9

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 2, 2011
7:11 PM

Post #8668831

I think I've found what I'm going to send my buddy..won't come from me, but a store online.. the only thing I don't like about that is that I can't send other cute things with it! lol... decisions, decisions!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 3, 2011
3:59 AM

Post #8669133

[quote="FruitOfTheVine"]I haven't done a thing to it, Carole, except move it around, and it still looks just like the day I received it :) Both the rock swaps were a lot of fun and hope Neener will host another one this Fall or Winter.

[/quote]

I agree! ^_^

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 3, 2011
6:35 AM

Post #8669329

Me three. I can paint rocks!!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 3, 2011
10:16 AM

Post #8669719

I painted one and (listen up, Susie) decoupaged that one for the rock swaps. That's allowed. It's a Decorated rock swap as opposed to strictly a painted rock. ^_^
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 3, 2011
8:12 PM

Post #8670712

You know I'm jealous you can paint anything, Elfie :)

I hit the shower this morning, and got dressed. But for what? I looked like a wet rag after doing nothing but watering, not from the over spray but from my own sweat...gross! Our humidity is off the chart and our heat index was 106. I can't stand to smell stinky...lol Back to the shower again mid-morning and decided the best thing I could do was stay inside and catch up on chores, got a lot done, and the bestest part is my laundry basket's empty. And I had time to play and plan this afternoon what I want to do for my buddy's Critter. It was here the whole time. Don't you just love a light bulb moment?

Edited to say: Pulling off the image in my mind is going to be a challenge. Help me, Elfie!

This message was edited Jul 3, 2011 10:19 PM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2011
5:12 AM

Post #8671050

GM All & HAPPY 4 TH

Fruit I Here yeah when it comes to Body HEAT :) & we had No where near the Humidity you had
so i figured mine had to be Hot flashes :) HEHE > 2 SHOWERS IN A DAY we have to have something to blame it on :)

Just got daddy set for awhile so I'm going to go out & stake a few plants they are so heavy with Blooms affraid they are going to break off before i get to see the flowers :)

well off to the great outdoor s back later

Thumbnail by deejay9

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 4, 2011
8:51 AM

Post #8671535

Susie, my first Spacecoast 'Fancy Dancer' bloom today! Wowsa! ^_^

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 4, 2011
11:41 AM

Post #8671784

Love that frilly yellow!

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2011
11:59 AM

Post #8671822

Happy 4th of July everyone! So dead at work I got to garden all day! :) and dont you know i had to divide the ajuga there too! ;) darn the luck.

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 4, 2011
12:01 PM

Post #8671823

Whoo hoo,, Ralph finally got the hot water heater fixed in the RV and I had my first not cold shower in 3 weeks,, I feel so much bettewr now!! I have several ideas on how I want to do my painted rocks this year,, but I have to save um for me,,,lol.. Fruity you are on you own,, you have no idea as to how much I dither over colors and shapes and then if I finally do get an idea, I have to write it down or search the internet for more inspiration to cement it in my admittably leaky brain!!!

Love that space coast flower!!...

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 4, 2011
12:49 PM

Post #8671880

TY, Elfie.

Nice shot, Outlaw. Here's a similar one, but yours is much better. ^_^

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2011
12:58 PM

Post #8671888

Better? LOL why's mine upside down?! Pretty flower though c!
Here's some of that ajuga that made it's way to my house

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 4, 2011
1:00 PM

Post #8671896

Did it walk or drive to your house or ??? LOL. ^_^

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2011
1:05 PM

Post #8671906

LOL. It rode! Shotgun of course! I can't refuse a hitch hiker! :D

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2011
3:27 PM

Post #8672166

OK WHO"S Playing tricks on this old lady I Just sent a POST & THOUGHT IT WAS HERE HUMMMM>?
Be right back gotta fid it .

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2011

Post #8672201

Found the post it was on G D Thread sorry well i hope to get My critter out in the mail this week :)
Big brother her Mowing for me so guess i will go pick up my few weed piles out of his way .
have a great evening .

BBL susie

HERE IS TROPICAL SUNSET

Thumbnail by deejay9

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

July 5, 2011
4:02 AM

Post #8673070

Beautiful, Susie!!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 5, 2011
4:14 AM

Post #8673082

Susie, did you see your 'Fancy Dancer' blooming up there?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 5, 2011
4:52 AM

Post #8673132

yes Carol I Did & I Thought I had Posted That it is Just as Happy & Beautiful in your Garden But the post was not here .
I need to get out into the Garden this morning for it's going to get Hot & Humid later today & For the next 10 day they say With no rain in site in our area for a week or more .
So have a great day everyone . BBL
Thank you all & This one is called REGAL

Thumbnail by deejay9

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

July 5, 2011
7:28 AM

Post #8673403

Found most of my critters...have one more to go get. I know where it is and what I want! Then to find a box to put them in! Will go out sometime this week! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I made a trip to 'The Daylily Farm' on Saturday. I spent 3 1/2 hours wandering the 2 acres of plants looking and taking pictures! I posted them on Face Book...too many to post here but will try to put a few on the daylily forum later. There were lots of beautiful 'specimens' to choose from...it wasn't peak bloom but still a lot of gorgeous flowers!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 5, 2011
8:55 AM

Post #8673560

Love that Tropical Sunset. It reminds me of my earlier life when I was a buckaneer, Anyway, all I have left to do for my box is find where I put the Christmas paper and wrap that little present and then my box will be in the mail Thursday when I go to town.

Thumbnail by Robynznest

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

July 5, 2011
8:57 AM

Post #8673568

Aww, what a cute little friend!

Make sure you always look under your cushions outside. I have a habit of shaking mine, mostly because I don't want a spider on me, but the other day I picked it up and there was a little lizard under it. Boy, if I had sat down, he would have been a pancake.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 5, 2011
9:46 AM

Post #8673684

WELL i have just a couple more things to do for my partners box then on the way possible by friday

OLD GLORY

Thumbnail by deejay9

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

July 5, 2011
11:12 AM

Post #8673872

Boy this town stinks as far as trying to find something that my buddy would really like. So I went online and found the perfect thing (at least I hope it is ^_^) So buddy be watching for a big brown truck...

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 5, 2011
1:31 PM

Post #8674152

I let the little guy stay where he was and I sat in a different chair so I could watch him. They are just so darn cute.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 5, 2011
2:40 PM

Post #8674295

My critters were delivered today,, hummm I forgot to put a note in telling them it was from me and part of the critter swap,, darn,, empty headed elf...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 5, 2011
4:29 PM

Post #8674498

Well they didn't arrive here, Elfie, dang it!

Colors of Tropical Sunset remind me of a Plumeria, just beautiful. Another one of the Daylilies you've shared with me, Susie, is "Jambalaya".

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 5, 2011
4:31 PM

Post #8674504

Sorry,, but they came kind of close to you,,,heehee,,,

Ohh I have pictures to show all of you,, scary pictures,,,Ralphie with a chain saw!!!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 5, 2011
4:32 PM

Post #8674505

If you put a return address, they can figure it out. that is how I did my Swao partner.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 5, 2011
5:41 PM

Post #8674657

I always list my DG name on the postage reciept. Just not sure she knows that I had her for the critter swqap as I loaded the box with plants too..

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 5, 2011
6:02 PM

Post #8674707

Wow!! That is great!!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 5, 2011
7:15 PM

Post #8674871

Well doesn't that narrow it down...only leaving 10 folks in my neck of the woods, and more a little further NW if you stretch your neck out...huh?

That means it's a doubly whammy for you and me, Char. Both of us struck out this time :(

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 5, 2011
7:32 PM

Post #8674905

So Sorry...lol
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

July 5, 2011
8:17 PM

Post #8674992

It's me! It's me! Elfie's box was delivered to me! Yeah! I will have to post pics later...but I have the cutest ladybug (sent special from Goober!), a cool looking snail, a cowboy bear (looks like he might be the sheriff!) with a Christmas Tree and red neck bandana AND a grandpa and grandma in wire rocking chairs...which will go in my new mini garden that I will be working on later! Pics will come tomorrow!

The fireworks kept me up last night until 12:45AM and then I couldn't go to sleep when they quit! I'm running on fumes here so I'm heading for my bed!

Thanks so very much Kris! You did good! (Goober did good!)

Night all!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 6, 2011
8:01 AM

Post #8675813

We will still be waiting to see who gets theirs next...

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 6, 2011
8:35 AM

Post #8675893

I need to do one more thing for my buddy, thought about it last night as I was getting the box packed. Won't take any time at all to do. Have a good day today everyone. Temps will be a little cooler for a couple of days so I am going to make the best of it and work outside as much as I can to get the two garden areas ready for top soil this next week.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
10:53 AM

Post #8676208

Anyone get any boxes today. I know several have said they mailed some out a few days ago...
Make sure you post pictures please? And if you have not mailed out your boxes, make sure you take pictures before you send them out, just in case someone does not have a working camera.
Thanks

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 6, 2011
12:43 PM

Post #8676442

OH NO!!! I already got it packed. No pictures either. Durn!!! I'm waiting...

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 6, 2011
1:50 PM

Post #8676548

Me too, it's packed.
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

July 6, 2011

Post #8676740

I got mine yesterday...muttlover sent me the cutest hedgehog!! She also sent some pretty coasters, one has beautiful bluebirds on them, I love bluebirds!! Thank you so much Jeanie!! I will post pictures in a little bit! Gotta find the camera

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2011
4:31 PM

Post #8676817

Evening all sorry for being Missing today was at the Drs office & He sent me to the ER at the Hospital Woke up with Inffection in my leg so had to go for blood work to see what type of infection To get the right antibiotic Drip for it . FEEL SO MUCH BETTER RIGHT NOW & My leg is less painfull.
but i just got home about an hour ago & I have to get my leg elevated.

sorry Partner CANNOT drive till i get off these meds I have all of your gifts & Hope to feel up to it by monday
well you all have a good night i need to lay back .

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 6, 2011
4:42 PM

Post #8676827

You take care Susie, those type of infections can be deadly. Do everything the doc says. If I am your buddy don't push it, I can wait and I'm sure everyone else will say the same thing.
roserairie
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

July 6, 2011
4:52 PM

Post #8676833

I haven't had a chance to shop yet with the holiday and the car being in the shop for repair from the recent storm. Hopefully this weekend -- if I can find what I like!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2011
6:50 PM

Post #8677063

Ok, here is a picture of my box contents...awesome box Elfie! Thanks a bunch! I love it all!

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
7:01 PM

Post #8677084

Oh my gosh, those are so adorable! Love all of them.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 6, 2011
7:22 PM

Post #8677135

Heehee,, what she did not tell you is I stressed over the packing and used a whole roll of industrial type tape to wrap up everything.. She called and we laughed and laughed over that one,,,
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2011
7:28 PM

Post #8677152

yep...took me 2 hours to get everything out of that box because each little thing was wrapped and taped down. Plus the box was taped up too! HA! Too funny! You just might have a new roll of tape in your next box from me Elfie! hahahaha!

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2011
8:27 PM

Post #8677274

Aww! Those are awesome critters!!! I really hope to find some more great stuff... Hmmm... Most of it is ready. I'll have to remember the packing tape. Lol

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2011

Post #8677649

Nice box, Debbie and Elfie. ^_^

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2011
5:23 AM

Post #8677711

We had a great time looking for everything. And was so thrilled to find the bear x-mas sherif!! That just made the box just right, plus your wanting to do a Grandmas mini garden this year made having the rocking grandma and grandpa on hand a great thing to include in the box!!
I am glad you like everything and hope they brighten up your garden too!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2011
5:00 AM

Post #8681600

Very Nice Critters

Morning all feeling better still a ways to go on my antibiotic lost to get caught up on since i been off so if i dont get everyone answered forgive me but it has been quite a week here .
still not over i have to go for another test today at 12:15 pm .
hope it is the last one for awhile . .

Away so far we have these boxes that have arrived ARRIVED RIGHT
AMANDAESQ FROM CVILLE_GARDENER
GAGIRL1066 FROM MUTTLOVER ------NEED A PIC
IRISLUVR0252 FROM MUD_ELF

Please let me know if i missed any won't post till i know this is right.

Well off to feed the critters Daisy is sitting on 17 eggs so have to go take her some treats :)) ya all have a great day back later.

Thumbnail by deejay9

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2011
6:04 AM

Post #8681654

Susie, please take it easy, and keep those legs elevated.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2011
6:12 AM

Post #8681664

Happy Birthday Susie! Hope you have a great day!

Thumbnail by taters55

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2011
6:23 AM

Post #8681676

Happy Birthday Susie! Hope you have a super day and you feel lots better soon!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 9, 2011
6:37 AM

Post #8681701

Happy Birthday, Susie...

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2011
6:49 AM

Post #8681722

*Happy birthday to you!*

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2011
7:22 AM

Post #8681787

THANK YOU ALL just another day but never had doctors appt on my b-day :) hehe sis will be here soon so
i'm about ready to go out the door . ya all have a safe & fun weekend
susie

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 9, 2011
10:39 AM

Post #8682129

♥♥♥Happy Birthday, Susie! And many more!! ♥♥♥
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

July 9, 2011
10:50 AM

Post #8682153

Soryy I didn't post the pic, been busy. Here is the hedgehog... I'm thinking he may have been made out of a saw balde? Muttlover...was he?

Happy birthday Susie!!!

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

July 9, 2011
10:51 AM

Post #8682156

and here are the beautiful coasters

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 9, 2011
10:56 AM

Post #8682170

That metal hedgehog is really adorable. Coasters are nice too. ^_^

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2011
11:20 AM

Post #8682212

Nice gifts! Love that hedgehog!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 9, 2011
1:27 PM

Post #8682381

LOVE the hedge. Love it love it love it. :)

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 9, 2011
5:12 PM

Post #8682712

Those are great critters, have never seen a hedgie yard ornament before xool.

Happy Birthday Susie.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2011
5:40 PM

Post #8682760

That hedgehog is the cutest! love it!

As an update, i am totally dissatisfied with the shape of the small flat rate boxes at the post office...so i need to find more stuff to fill a medium. :) i had an itty bitty critter that's too perfect not to send, but I'll need to find him some friends!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2011
6:37 PM

Post #8682835

Evening all & Thank you for the wishes , After my MRI This afternoon my friend & I Went for Lunch While her Hubby went to Gulf Then I WENT HOME Put daddy in the car & her & I went over to my Sisters in freeport so I could work on my PARTNERS Xmas Gift STill Not done But daddy wanted to come home & go to bed so I have to go back over & Get it tomorrow If she dosen't mess this one up also :(
& Then I Hope to get My partners box in the mail on Monday :))) & I'm Going to Make sure that critter Dosen't give me any more GRIEF :)))

well I Need to go to another thread to say GN Back for coffee you all have a great evening & Thank you all.
for B-day wishes
susie

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 9, 2011
6:43 PM

Post #8682851

Happy Birthday Suzie,,

look at what I made today!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2011
6:45 PM

Post #8682855

AWWWWEE Is that me ???? where is my Cake ???

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 9, 2011
6:57 PM

Post #8682874

Well darn,, I should have thought of doing a cake!! Maybe if you are good you will get one next year,,,heehee

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 9, 2011
7:07 PM

Post #8682890

Oh.

Kris, she is just perfect.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 10, 2011
5:18 AM

Post #8683315

GM ALL Great Night sleep Only to find my daisy is missing off her nest & i feel sick i know something got her So I took her eggs & put them under my MOLLY Duck WHO was so very happy to take them under her wings :)
it was funny to watch her build a nest for them as soon as she saw the eggs all 12-14 can't remember HEHE.

Just talked to my sister about my partners Gift & Again that Critter Jumped on us but she is going to try again last time if it dose not work within the next 2 hrs then I have to go to another plan but i want this one GRRRRRRRRR Don't it just flustrate when a Simple plan falls apart.

daddy has his teeth in his pockets this morning for he Knows we are going back over to Sisters & he 's planning to have Lunch there :) for sis said the Kids were going to be there also . so he's ready :)

well guess i will go work on the rest of my project you all have a great day will check back in till about 10 am or so.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 10, 2011
9:00 AM

Post #8683772

Always good to know where daddy's choppers are.

Sorry about Daisy - makes me feel sick too. Good to have good help like Molly - hard to find these days. I will be saying birdie prayers for both of them, and eggheads too.

Hope today started better.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 10, 2011
4:18 PM

Post #8684632

Oh Susie I hope your daisy shows up! That is awful. I had 2 geese and 2 ducks and always worried about them at night...dang.
Hope your leg is ok, sounds like the doc is taking care of you.
I am not in this swap but wanted to see all the great things you all were sending and wanted to check up on Susie... ;)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 10, 2011

Post #8684726

Evening ALL & Happ it is great havening you watching out for me :) I New I Had an angel watching over me :) Between you & bettyPause I sure will be on the mend .
I Know you all have been in my shoes at one time or another where NO MATTER How Sick your Body is
You Just feel that you cannot let your DUTIES GET BEHIND & That is me today for the 1st time all week I Felt that I just had to get caught up on so many things , so i called my Handman Neighbor from up the road to come do it for me :) HEHE BUT I HAD TO WATCH OVER Him & tell him how & WHAT to do Just wish it could have been a cool good looking SINGLE Guy Like MR CLEAN But Not my LUCK .

But the work got done :) & I'm exzusted :))) takes allot out of yeah when you have to run your mouth alday

Well Partner Your Gift is done , But not without a couple BOO BOO"S But I Hope you can overlook the Flaws
& Know I Wanted it to be personal & USEFULL & Will go out in tomorrows mail & Hope you will be home on weds to rec :)

Still no sign of My daisy I'm affraid it was a fox That got her I had always put them all in their pen at night but then she had built her nest out in the tall grass over by the stone pile . I just knew i should have put her & the eggs inside the barn & Now I KNOW Better then to let any of them stay out at night they are all in the barn for the night & will let them back out in the morning .

Has anyone ever seen this Daylily Before ? Not sure if i got it in a trade or if it is a seedling there is no tag.

well i have to go help daddy get to bed will be back in a while . to chat more if any one is here :)
susie

Thumbnail by deejay9

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

July 10, 2011
5:56 PM

Post #8684755

Oh deejay I feel terrible for you and daisy, that is how we lost our littlest duck. He was such a sweetie and if he saw me with the shovel he would come running to get any bugs I might dig up. Course I had to watch his head cause I about got him a couple of times with the shovel...but one night they were all so trained to go to the pen, and they did, sadly DH wasn't as trained and forgot to go close the gate and we lost him...like you we didn't make that mistake again. Lucky for you, you will have a bunch of Miss daisys running around soon.

That is a cool spider daylily but I don't know what it's name is. You better take care and not over do it.

muttlover
Quincy, IL
(Zone 5b)

July 10, 2011
9:32 PM

Post #8685132

GA girl, there should have been one more gift in that box - in the red bag. Did you find it?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 11, 2011
5:40 AM

Post #8685457

Susie, so sorry to hear you lost Daisy! Praying she just wandered off for a bit, and will be back home soon!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2011
7:21 AM

Post #8685605

She might have made a new nest elsewhere but i don;t think so. But My Molly Duck Is so very happy sitting on the eggs so i hope a couple will hatch so she will babies :) will keep you all informed :) finely getting some rain NOT Much most is north of us but it is going to be very HUMID .

Well last min touches for my Partners Critter Box Then off to town to mail it out back later.
susie

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2011
7:23 AM

Post #8685610

With the heat index today, we have a heat advisory in effect from 1:00PM to 8:00PM. 105-110...melting weather. I better check my car and see what I've left in it! Hope there are no candles!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 11, 2011
8:44 AM

Post #8685764

Oh Susie, I sure hope momma duck after hatching baby peahens, does not try to lead them to the water? That would not be a good thing!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 11, 2011
8:51 AM

Post #8685776

Got the same weather here, started yesterday about noon. It was 103 in the shade at 1:00 yesterday and it's 96 right now. We finally have a breeze, doesn't help a whole lot but it keeps the humidity down a tiny bit. North of us got rain but we won't see any here anytime soon. The plants hate this stuff, I water 2x a day now. This is Missouri not Texas, I should only be watering once a day, at least until August. Mother Nature needs a time out.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2011
11:00 AM

Post #8686046

Afternoon all Just got home put all my grocieries in their right places :) I Hope , My PARTNERS Critter is on the way could be thrusday when it arrives to their new home so they quite a trip to make & Story to tell ya :)

LK I Have no more ponds Only a Kiddies Pool for mom to play in but I promise to watch the turkies closely:)
while mom Baths :)

well got a guy coming to the house soon to check out the Tractor Rain has stopped for awhile so i can go check for wind damage on my plants so back later.
muttlover
Quincy, IL
(Zone 5b)

July 11, 2011
5:38 PM

Post #8686876

I was gone about an hour yesterday evening - left my dogs outside thinking it was going to be the last safe day for that for awhile. Came back and found my little Kokomo had apparently had heat stroke and was dead. Cried all night. I'm exhausted right now. When I took her body to the Humane Society to be cremated this morning at 8:00, they already knew about her - met me with hugs. I had a meeting there tonight after work (planning committee for our big fundraiser in the fall). When I got there Larry had her ashes all ready - didn't want me grieving without them - and 2 friends had dropped by and given memorials in her honor. Sometimes a small rural city can make you feel isolated, but sometimes it can make you feel so loved.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 11, 2011
5:54 PM

Post #8686913

I am so sorry for your loss. My Louie died today. but he was such a prtty Louie.
Rest in peace dear Kokomo, and Louie too...

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 11, 2011
7:30 PM

Post #8687163

Ohhh. :/

I'm so saddened by your news of Kokomo and Louis. My broken heart goes out to you.

With love,
A.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 11, 2011
9:54 PM

Post #8687368

We almost lost our cats to the heat today,, we had to make the 65 mile drive to Columbus for our Doctors visits, then we had to take the kitties to the Vets, well let me tell you it was over 110 degrees in the truck today, the airconditioner is broke! Poor Kitties, had to deal with the heat, stress of leaving the house for the second time in thier life, getting micro chipped, rabies shots and then boosters. It was just a bad day altogether,, Elizabeth got to hot and she scared me and the vet too. The vet said not to bring the kitties back home with us , so they are back at the house with Dummy DB...sigh.. 65 miles was just to far for them in this heat. Dummy DB says he will bring them to me next Tuesday and then we can see how they will be doing here on the pond...

Susie and Charlene,, sorry for your pet loss, sending you both Huggs!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2011
5:08 AM

Post #8687571

TY All gotta love the Pets
Makes me so mad the Neighbors next door complain all the time if one of my critters fly over onto their yard , they call the pound to come warn me ,
but a 1 weeks or so back I saw him out putting a fenced in area around his tree then a few days later he puts 2 White ducks , there was nothing in there but a 2ft x2ft box for them DUH hardly get one duck into . No Water for swiming in , very small fenced in area for two ducks so I Called the pond to complain & they came out & told them it was not suitable & had to change it .
so now I have given Them something to hate me for :) all the other Neighbors around us love my Turkeys ,& sweetpea, even their cats lives with me & One day I SENT HER A BILL FOR A YEARS SUPPLY of cat Food.
this woman is so hate full toward me for i will not sell off the back of our land to her brothers place so they can put in a road.

enough Lets just say they are the type of people who shoul not have pets she used to call me & when i 1st moved in here & gripe about her 2 dogs messing on the floors while she was at work all day .
then gripe about her hubby so I said one day joking , build an out door pen for the dogs & Get rid of the hubby.
for i didn't want to her about them any more . that is why she hates me .

so i feel better i can go out & face another day they are on vacation this week they left yesterday & their dogs are in the house , their ducks are in the SAME PEN Can you believe. & NO POOL .

well happy gardening to all will be back in later got to go give daddy a hair cut :)

WILL THE CRITTERS BE FLYING THIS WEEK How They doing Let us know ok .
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2011
5:25 AM

Post #8687589

Hi all! It was 119 with the heat index here yesterday! Too hot for being outside so I did not do anything after work! I have my critters and I now have a box to put them in. I will get them boxed up this evening after bowling and have them ready to go to the PO...I will probably take the box to the self serve kiosk just inside the PO and send it on its way...will have it out by the weekend for sure!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 12, 2011
5:32 AM

Post #8687601

It is going to be a better day today.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 12, 2011
5:33 AM

Post #8687605

Amen.
muttlover
Quincy, IL
(Zone 5b)

July 12, 2011
6:13 AM

Post #8687654

I am so sorry for the loss of Louie and Miss Daisy.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 12, 2011
8:11 AM

Post #8687840

So sorry to hear you girls lost Louie, and Kokomo.
I have everything for my box, it will be going out tomorrow. I have to sit here today, between the hours of noon and four, waiting on the direct TV guy, to come and install out new HD box.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

July 12, 2011
9:45 AM

Post #8688023

WOW what is up with this heat??? Heard on the news this morning that 23 states are in the triple digets. We had about 5 days of it, it ended last Wednesday now we are in the low 80's, then by next Tuesday back up to 90's. This kind of weather messes with our veggie garden big time, that is why I don't bother.

Anyhoooooooooooooooooo Buddy your package is going to be delivered today by the BIG BROWN TRUCK!!!! ^_^

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2011
10:48 AM

Post #8688173

I'm so sorry to hear about your loses, this heat is awful. Please everyone drink lots of water and be safe. My heart goes out to you who've lost pets, i lost my coon hound, cracker, this spring and miss her terrible, everyday.
I sent my critters out today! ...do busy trying to get everything inside a reasonable box (everything was too big or too small, too narrow, too wide. )
I forgot to take the card out of my purse and put it in!
So, i hope she loves them as much as i do.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 12, 2011
12:44 PM

Post #8688448

Susie, this one's for you. Here in today's brutal sun and heat (heat index of over 110*) is the Hemerocallis 'Milk Chocolate' you sent with the Perennial Swap. Beautiful!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2011
3:56 PM

Post #8688826

Yep big BROWN TRUCK CAME :))) I got a Beautyful GlassPeacock It iss so very Pretty I'm not sure where I want to put it in my gardens :) Yet . sorry an't stay I Have company coming soon & dishes to get out of the way . so will be back later ..
Thank You CINDY It is very Pretty

Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2011
4:17 PM

Post #8688862

It takes batteries so i have to get some when i get into town tomorrow :) company just left so daddy is getting ready for bed , so i will go get my critters to bed ya all have a great evening back later

Thumbnail by deejay9

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2011
4:43 PM

Post #8688911

Awww..I'm so sorry for the losses that everyone's been going through with their pets :( That's so sad! All of us who loves animals understands how much it hurts to lose them.. sending hugs to all of you!

I'm still debating on what and how to send..I really like what I found online, so maybe I'll get a couple of other items to put in the box and have it sent to my buddy directly. Think I'll go cruise their website again :)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 12, 2011
4:55 PM

Post #8688932

Susie, love that beautiful blue peacock! Cindy, that is so pretty!

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2011
5:05 PM

Post #8688953

Awesome peacock! Cute critters! Took a while till i saw him in all that garden! :)
While DIY mulching today i decided to play with my critter. My fiance bought me this guy, and i thought he'd look cute with my rock collection. LOL
yes they come house to house with me. People who help me move say "man, what's in here, rocks?!" and i say, "probably"
:)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2011
5:41 PM

Post #8689030

AWE That little guy is so cute .
yes i love my peacock it is so cute i just hope i can keep it from getting broken out there :) so many live critters walking through the gardens might just tip it over so i got to find a perfect place for him :) .

well Long day & I'm ready to rest you all have a great evening .
susie

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 12, 2011
6:26 PM

Post #8689115

That's beautiful, and it lights up?! Even better. Not jealous, just gaping in awe. :D
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2011
7:04 PM

Post #8689209

Awesome peacock! Outlaw: I move my rocks too! Some are from my house in WV and they moved to IN when I moved here. We pick up rocks everywhere we go!...little ones as well as big ones! And we write where they came from!

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2011
7:04 PM

Post #8689211

It Lights up?! That is sweet! I love lights. I'm wishing i could make a video of the glow bugs outside right now for you guys! Who needs the Vegas strip when you have a million lightening bugs and stars in the country? Hope everyone is having a beautiful night. Sleep well.
Saying prayers for special critters Louie and kokomo tonight
muttlover
Quincy, IL
(Zone 5b)

July 12, 2011
10:05 PM

Post #8689476

Deejay, how perfect for you - a peacock!
Outlaw, I got a laugh out of you moving your rocks. My rock collection doubled when I moved here because the seller's hubby wouldn't let her move hers, but my family helped me move mine. Yeah, I got the comments too.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 13, 2011
6:30 AM

Post #8689708

I have my package on it's way this afternoon. Hubby will mail it!!!!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 13, 2011
10:19 AM

Post #8690126

I had the same reaction from my nephew when he picked up a few of my boxes and I said 'Yep, they be rocks'. He didn't believe me so I showed him. Gotta have my rocks forn the gardens.

Hugs to all of you that lost yours critters. The are in the happy hunting ground now and will be well taken care of.

Dummy me went into town yesterday, (had to work at DH office) and I walked off without the critter box. dang it. I have to go back again tomorrow, so I will take it and mail it then. My excuse is too many hours in the sun, brain is baked, actually I think it's charred by now. I'm losing plants left and right. Heard about the temps in Indianna being up there in the 110 and above. We got it here too, Heat index 112 yesterday. I love the heat and summer but this is not good. Everyone be sure to stay in, but if you have to go out take and drink plenty of water or gatorade.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 13, 2011
2:32 PM

Post #8690539

[quote="AmandaEsq"]That's beautiful, and it lights up?! Even better. Not jealous, just gaping in awe. :D[/quote]

Well I am soooooo jealous!!! hgeehee,, NICE job Cindy!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 13, 2011
4:22 PM

Post #8690701

forgot to get batteries while in town today will do so tomorrow .

susie

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

July 13, 2011
5:35 PM

Post #8690845

...i wrote all of this...an i was crying so hard...i lost it!

snif! snif! ...anybodies got a tissue? i beez crying every sense i opened this box! received a ginourmous box from our hostess with the mostesses! DEEJAY! 3 cheers for deejay! YEA! YEA! YEA! when i first opened the box, i did not koww if it was from the xxxxxxxswap...the yyyyyswap...or sum plants i ordered! i saw plants...and pressies...and christmas pressies????????? i was sooooo confoosed! then i started pulling stuff out...

PLANTS...
RED HOT POKER...NEVER HEARD OF THIS ONE
FICUS...NEVER HAD THIS
UMBRELLA...NEVER HAD THIS
BOSTERN FERN...NEVER HAD THIS
BAMBOO...DEFINITELY WANTED THIS
BUTTERFLY BUSH...BEEN WANTING THIS
SPIRAEA GOLD MOUND...BOOTIFUL
GARDENIA...REALLY? CRYING AGAIN!
NEON FLASH

PRESSIES...
?SUCCULENT IN A TIGER PRINT POT...CUTEST THING YA EVER SAW!
COUPLE BAGS OF SUNFLOWER PORTPOURRI IIN A ?HANDMADE SACK
LARGE WHITE TIGER...PERFECT FOR CERTAIN MINI GARDEM
TINY TIGER...WILL BLEND IN MINI GARDEN NICELY
TINY LEOPARD...HE KIN BE HIDING BEHIND A TREE!
MEDIUM ROUND CHRISTMAS KEEPSAKE BOX...HID THE PIECE'LA RESISTOR
...A GREEN TEE W/THE MOST PERFECT TIGER EMBORDERED ON IT!!!!

THE TEE IS EXQUISITE AN EVERY TIME I LOOK AT IT...I CRY! ALL THAT WORK! tHANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, DEEJAY...FROOM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. YA BROUGHT A FEW TEARS TO THE OL LADY EYES!!!

Thumbnail by jsxtiger

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

July 13, 2011
5:36 PM

Post #8690848

THANK YOU AGAIN DEEJAY! snif...snif!

Thumbnail by jsxtiger

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 13, 2011

Post #8690852

Oh Jax that is a most wonderful box from Susie. I started to cry too.Must have gotten something in my eye. oops finger is there. lol

That is a great job. Susie what was it you were having trouble with? All those pressies look great.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 13, 2011
6:22 PM

Post #8690904

Jax, sure am glad those are happy tears!
Susie, I think you made her very happy!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 13, 2011

Post #8690919

Happy they arrived safely I Went through 2 Shirts & still had a few flaws in this one for the TIGER EYE Kept jumping to the BROW , My sister has this machine that is computerized to embroider So I wanted to try it myself but couldn't finish for daddy was tired & WANTED to come home so sister tried to finish it for me & That is when the eyeball ended up in the ear so had to go get another shirt go back over & Try again :))) I Hope the shirt fits ok .
I Knew you was in the mini planter swap so i hope i chose a few things that will stay short for you :)))
well just got daddy to bed so its my turn to lay back have a great day everyone .
Joyce you are very welcome .

OPEN HEARTH

Thumbnail by deejay9

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 13, 2011
6:37 PM

Post #8690925

Jax, you're one lucky lady :) Such neat stuff! I love red hot poker..you won't be disappointed with it, let me tell you!

Well, I made up my mind and ordered my buddy's items online..such cute things..I hope she'll like them :) It said 5-10 business days to ship, so I'll let you know on here when they tell me that they're on the way. Hopefully it won't be that long to ship as it says they're all in stock.. guess we'll see lol

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

July 13, 2011
6:40 PM

Post #8690932

...scusi, uh...deejay? what ya do with the mistakes? kin i buy them? this one has no flaws! He is just perfect!!!!

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 13, 2011
6:47 PM

Post #8690949

Yay! The tiger "cat" is out of the bag!!!! When i wasn't sure what to send Susie told me what she was sending and i admit i was totally overwhelmed and not sure if I'd make it here with such a limited income, and so few plants to share. I was so excited to hear about the shirt and all the cool gifts and i couldn't wait to see the reaction! So happy for you. :) lets see a pic of that shirt on you!
Great job Susie!!!!
Can't wait till my partner gets hers!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 13, 2011
6:51 PM

Post #8690958

WE COVERED WITH THE LEAVES :) GOOD NITE ALL . WILL LET YOU KNOW JSX WHEN I FIND OUT FROM SISTER
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 13, 2011
7:56 PM

Post #8691073

Oh my gosh, Jax! You lucky girl and what a fabulous job Susie, as always.

Going to hide out under the bushes with the critters.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 14, 2011

Post #8691409

Nice job indeed! ^_^
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

July 14, 2011
6:06 AM

Post #8691539

WOOHOO!! Mine is packed up and ready to go. Taking it to my husband to mail UPS, cause the postage might be a little much! LOL Someone should be getting it Tues. or Wed. next week. Isn't UPS about 3 days?

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 14, 2011
7:51 AM

Post #8691738

Three business days so they probably count out Sunday, it always seems to show a day or two before they say it will though. Probably Monday, but maybe even Saturday! I hope my partner gets hers today!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 14, 2011
2:09 PM

Post #8692377

Our UPS here doesn't deliver on Saturdays. :(

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2011
2:54 PM

Post #8692442

UPS does not deliver on Saturdays anywhere. Monday through Friday only.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 14, 2011
7:10 PM

Post #8692916

Really? What rock do i live under? Lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 15, 2011
4:44 PM

Post #8694595

You are all getting such pretties!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 15, 2011
5:44 PM

Post #8694726

Cannot wait to see mine!! I really need to organize the ones I have now and get them into pretty spots in the new gardens here!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 15, 2011
6:03 PM

Post #8694771

Sweet garden mud elf! I need to start a raised bed project here.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 15, 2011
9:18 PM

Post #8695152

I got the email confirmation that my box shipped today by UPS.. not sure how long they'll take, but I'm guessing that my buddy will have her box sometime next week!! Woohoo.. glad it didn't take 5-10 business days to ship lol

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 16, 2011
4:52 AM

Post #8695368

GM SOrry for being MIA for the last few days , & won't BORE Ya all with details Just to say Its goods to be able to have a day for me Today :)

SO HOW are the critters doing ? I Hope that any of you that have recieved your critters this pass week will take a few mins this weekend to share them with us , work days are hard for some to post with your jobs & all so try to find time to let your partners know that they have arrived & SHARE A Picture with us .

we know some may not have a camera so let us know so your partner can snap the shot .

well i guess we are all in for a HEAT WAVE This NEXT WEEK they say possible 100* here this week Not Looking forward to that , nice cool this morning so off to get the lawn mown before the heat .

so have a great day all .

susie

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 16, 2011
2:21 PM

Post #8696211

I got my critters today!!!! :) from ridesredmule! Aka Charlie's mom, and there are Charlie gift in there too!!!
Let me start by saying i was so confused when i opened the box to see...soda bottles? What it truly was is an genius packing method that i highly recomend.
Here's what was in the bottles. A super cute worm and a baby dragon!
A Charlie gift magnet, a bracelet, And a cross were also in the box.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 16, 2011
2:25 PM

Post #8696217

Pot hangy critter! A gnome and a Charlie!

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 16, 2011
2:58 PM

Post #8696267

There was 2 bears and another gnome too!
There is a pattern project I'm totally unsure of... I sew...next to never and usually just patches on leather by hand. but! i have mittsy who can maybe show me how to make something like this, she's great at that stuff! So we'll see, i hope i do it justice! Lol
And for working in the yard...and migranes and whatever, wherever a nice froggy neck cooler! Thanks so much red! I love it all. :) *happy dance*
I'll add more pics when i find homes for them in the garden!

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 16, 2011
3:09 PM

Post #8696287

Oooh. .. .Ah...

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 16, 2011
3:10 PM

Post #8696289

Pattern and x-mas bear
(*editing my cause my not so smart phone wrote x-master? What the...)

This message was edited Jul 16, 2011 10:39 PM

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 16, 2011
3:20 PM

Post #8696309

That's a flag you make and hang out on your porch or wherever. I saw it and thought WhyNot????
I am so glad you liked the stuff. I put them in those bottles to protect them. Heck, I'd forgot what I sent but knew I loaded that box. Great for you. Charley sends you mule nuzzles...I send you hugs...

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 16, 2011
3:25 PM

Post #8696318

Very nice box of Critters,,, guess I did not get a charlie box,,,again,,,sigh...lol

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 16, 2011
3:27 PM

Post #8696319

Gnome's new home!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 16, 2011
4:58 PM

Post #8696431

Great box, love that Charlie face and that worm is adorable. Yea Elfie neither one of us got that Charlie box again. Next time maybe.

Great Job on all those goodies. Gnomes are cute, too.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 16, 2011
6:35 PM

Post #8696590

Well Gals I DIdn't get a charley box either but it can happen one day when we lease exspect it :) HEHEE
or is it HEE HAW :)

A Little Birdie tells me that A CRITTER Box LANDED At CUE_CHIK's the other day
CUE Did you find it ????? Sure would like to know what TYPE OF Critters are going to be in your Gardens
Please Come share with us .

well off to get the critter in their pen for the night don't want anything to happen to my new baby :)

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 16, 2011
8:22 PM

Post #8696758

I did! I did! *happy dance* ...not to brag :D

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 16, 2011
8:26 PM

Post #8696768

I already had a little turtle in my plant, now he has a baby dragon to hang with!

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 16, 2011
8:35 PM

Post #8696778

Red didn't send this critter, but i thought I'd share. :)

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 17, 2011
2:48 AM

Post #8697076

^_^

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 17, 2011
8:02 AM

Post #8697381

Charleen, you have made another swapper very happy! Love all those critters!
Kelly, love that bike too, can we see more of it?

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2011
8:27 AM

Post #8697459

His...

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2011
8:31 AM

Post #8697463

Hers... (mine!)

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2011

Post #8697470

I gave him some Christmas tree type garnish!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 17, 2011

Post #8697471

Nice bikes! I keep telling hubby, I want him to buy a bike, so we can go for rides! Maybe someday???

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2011
8:47 AM

Post #8697488

Thanks! Man i wish we were in zone 9! Longer gardening and riding seasons!
If he won't why don't you?! I'm starting out on this moped then working my way up to a yamaha 250cc v star. I'm hardly 5' but i can stand it up flat footed! Now i just need to learn all the shifting and whatnot and get my permit and licence.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 17, 2011
2:10 PM

Post #8698048

Oh, Girl, Everything looks so happy at your home , Thank you for showing us.
You made this old Mulelady very happy...

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 17, 2011
3:48 PM

Post #8698200

Ohhhh,, I want a moped.. why did I not think of that?? I could get around just fine on one of those!! hee hee

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 17, 2011
4:08 PM

Post #8698236

Confirm # says someone got a box yesterday, the little critters should be crawling, hopping. running and flying all over her house
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 17, 2011
4:51 PM

Post #8698345

You mentioned using FedEx, Paula, and knew my box of Crazy Critters had to be from you when the truck pulled in last night! You weren't kidding, the box was heavy.

First thing I unpacked (after reading your two-page note…lol) was a portable carry-all tool caddy along with a cultivator and a spade.

Next I found the cutest metal Ladybug votive holder, a very nice box of several blue glass ones with hangers, and a large old-fashioned type green glass jar also with a hanger that's perfect for holding a large candle. Let's just say my trees and porches are going to be lit up :)

The Whirlygig Wind Spinner is already hung among the chimes, as are the metal Dragonfly and Butterfly hooks inside. Now I finally have a place to hang my keys instead of tossing them on my desk. Love changing flags and my newest garden flag has Kitties and Puppies.

There's more...stand by.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 17, 2011
4:53 PM

Post #8698350

If that wasn’t enough, the bottom of the box had a decorative wooden spade with the prettiest painted garden scene I’ll hang on our mailbox post.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 17, 2011
4:55 PM

Post #8698354

Last but not least my fav is a Crazy Bobble-Head Gooney bird!

As usual you outdid yourself, Paula, and I am overwhelmed. Love my goodies and critters and you too, Girlfriend!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2011
5:27 PM

Post #8698400

OK NOW I HAVE FOUND a New theme for a AUG SWAP it will be REGIFTING I WANT Crazy Bobble-Head Gooney bird To GO ALONG Beside my Peacock :) HEHE he is so cool & I Know MR Peacock would love a friend like Goomy Bird :)
Also Love the shovel so cute Nice critters EVERYONE I 'll MARK the arrivals tomorrow have to go help daddy right now & Get my critters in . GN All
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 17, 2011
5:44 PM

Post #8698441

My Critters are ready to go, just need to get them packed and in the mail. And Dear Buddy, be on the look-out for a couple of plants I ordered for you on-line. I was tickled to find one you really wanted. My lips are zipped tight so you'll just have to wait!

Thanks so much, Susie, for hosting :)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 17, 2011
6:16 PM

Post #8698499

Mammy - wanted to let you know that the lamb's ear you sent has recovered beautifully and is just gorgeous in Max's garden. Can't wait for it to spread and take over! :)

Thanks again - also found a fun spot for my crazy critter (frog), and the more practical items are getting regular use.

Loveyou!!
A.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 17, 2011
7:33 PM

Post #8698610

Great critters!!!! The spade is lovely, and the gooney bird is too cute. Seems like we should be seeing some more critters soon?! ;)

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 18, 2011
9:32 AM

Post #8699489

I want that Gooney bird. Re-gifting, oh yea! Maybe we can just send it to each other every month or so.

Hun, what would you take for rent on it?

Great job.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 18, 2011
10:23 AM

Post #8699629

Great IDEA ROBY :)))))

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 18, 2011
10:40 AM

Post #8699663

[quote="ClanCampbell"]More Hostas??? Seriously?

Elfie, we're going to have to do an intervention for you!! You need to join HAMAMA.. Hostas Are Mine All Mine Anonymous :)[/quote]

Yes.. I need help...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 18, 2011
11:45 AM

Post #8699794

I Need for someone to come take mine they are about 4ft around + a few of them .

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 18, 2011
12:01 PM

Post #8699832

Mine went from 4 foot around to 6 inches. The deer came through after it rained the last time(couple weeks ago) and washed all my deterrment off. I wonder how they will feel when they get a butt full of salt pork and pepper.

usie, I think it's time for a new room.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 18, 2011
12:02 PM

Post #8699833

Now that is just wrong,,, You know I love your plants,,,sigh.. Ralph will not let me go all the way to your house..whaaaaaa...

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 18, 2011
1:56 PM

Post #8700021

I love hostas...but i must admit...I've been planting hostas in the woods in the back yard trying to lure them in closer! Lol, ok!!! it really didn't start out that way, i just want a gorgeous shade garden trail through the back woods, but the venison would be an added bonus! I hope to plant enough that i won't notice if a few get eaten. Lol
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

July 18, 2011
2:45 PM

Post #8700101

My plan to mail mine out over the weekend didn't materialize...:( Just suffice it to say...rough weekend. :(

I will attempt to mail my buddy's box out this week...maybe even tomorrow. I have to be out and about (bowling night) so I'll try to stop by the PO on my way. I'll try to get it packed up and ready to go this evening...after dark. No promises though!

It's purty warm out there but I've got to do something in the yard tonight or I will have withdrawal! Need to work through the 'rough weekend' by playing in the yard!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 18, 2011
2:47 PM

Post #8700105

Well. my package is in PO. I was home but they sure didn't give me my package. I'm so aggravated I could kick their butts...I want my Goodies. Wahhhhhhhhh!!!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 18, 2011
2:57 PM

Post #8700142

Mine went out today. It should arrive by Thursday.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

July 18, 2011
3:24 PM

Post #8700232

[quote="AmandaEsq"]Mammy - wanted to let you know that the lamb's ear you sent has recovered beautifully and is just gorgeous in Max's garden. Can't wait for it to spread and take over! :)

Thanks again - also found a fun spot for my crazy critter (frog), and the more practical items are getting regular use.

Loveyou!!
A.[/quote]

^_^

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 18, 2011
3:34 PM

Post #8700261

I hear ya, I didn't get a box today either, she just stuck the bills in the mailbox and took off. Grrrr! Waiting to see my buddy post pics. Confirm said she got it Sat. She must be pretty busy.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 18, 2011
3:35 PM

Post #8700266

Priority Mailed mine to my Buddy today :)

This message was edited Jul 18, 2011 5:36 PM

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 18, 2011
3:54 PM

Post #8700318

My partner got hers Friday?! The suspense is killing me. I mean, i got mine, but seeing others get theirs is just as much fun, maybe more!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 18, 2011
4:33 PM

Post #8700395

I'm patiently waiting for my package.. (yea, right..those of you who know me KNOW that's not true LOL!!!)

I agree, Outlaw.. seeing everyone else's goodies is always so much fun! And I'm putting my bribe in for that Gooney bird ^_^ I've seen them a couple of places and they're the funniest things!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 18, 2011
4:39 PM

Post #8700405

To rub it in, his tail and wings flap too...lol

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 18, 2011
4:46 PM

Post #8700415

Lol awesome! I'll be looking for one.
I feel like i should have waited on the mailing i found so many cute critters today at the "sally" boutique... Lol I'm a thrift store junky

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 18, 2011
4:47 PM

Post #8700419

There was someone who said they didn't have a camera but forgot who posted that But all the others are suppose to post pictures as soon as they get their boxes , maybe they got called into work or something so we will give a few days .

time to go put my critters in for the night so back later

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 18, 2011
5:00 PM

Post #8700442

Now that is cute!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 18, 2011
5:04 PM

Post #8700450

My FREEBY ROADSIDE PLANTER Fine today

Thumbnail by deejay9

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

July 18, 2011
5:08 PM

Post #8700458

one of you 'patiently waiting' swappers will receive a box of critters by the end of the week. Have my swapper's box all packed and ready to go to the PO. I do have to go back out and exchange the cover plate on the electrical outlet for the bathroom sooooooooo...I could swing by the PO and use the kiosk and get it out tonight!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 18, 2011
5:16 PM

Post #8700475

NEW ROOM COME ON OVER & POST YOUR PICTURES & THANK YOU'S " please "

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1197545/

mY 1ST DAHLIA BLOOM OF THE YEAR

Thumbnail by deejay9

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 18, 2011
5:16 PM

Post #8700476

Wow Susie, that's an excellant find. I'm never that lucky, I always find the litter bags.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 18, 2011
5:25 PM

Post #8700502

I took pics of mine before mailing, just in case. Wow, you were busy getting your succulents planted. I've looked at planters like that and they ain't cheap. What a great score.

Must fess up, Kelly, that I'm a junk store junkie, consignment store chick, and a yard sale freak, always on the look-out for unusual planters, pottery, and old glass. I know we're not the only ones here either!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 19, 2011
6:35 AM

Post #8701319

Susie - have to comment on your roadside find before I make the jump - what a haul!!! :D

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 19, 2011
10:57 AM

Post #8701808

thank you I just love it not sure why she was getting rid of it but her lost :) & My gain :)

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 19, 2011
6:57 PM

Post #8702667

Were the plants already in it?! That's a sweet find!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

July 20, 2011
4:59 AM

Post #8703108

Don't pay the ransom, I've escaped!!!!! lol

Somehow I lost the thread. When I went to next unread, it was all the way back to June 30th, but I be back now!!!!! Am going to have to read the thread when I have more time.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 20, 2011
5:05 AM

Post #8703116

Crit, we have a new room...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 20, 2011
5:36 AM

Post #8703147

These are all plants I Have bought this pass winter & Spring lost many but many fit right in this so i was happy :)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America