Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Buying annual plants (and other stuff) on eBay -- is it a good idea?: eBay Treasure Trove

Communities > Forums > Article: Buying annual plants (and other stuff) on eBay -- is it a good idea?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Buying annual plants (and other stuff) on eBay -- is it a good idea?Replies: 5, Views: 87
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
killdawabbit
Christiana, TN
(Zone 6b)

June 30, 2011
8:18 AM

Post #8663894

I love eBay. When I'm looking for a plant I always check eBay. Good plants at low prices. I usually get my hostas there and haven't been disappointed yet.
So far out of the many orders I've placed I've only been disappointed one time by a seller who sells nursery stock. I've had worse luck ordering from online nurseries.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 30, 2011
9:43 AM

Post #8664086

Carrie, thanks for a wonderful article! Love your story about eBay , very interesting and informative for anyone using it. I had such an experience , but as a seller. I posted an add on a Romanian website, for selling seedlings one Spring and some customers called. It was a nice experience, I wish I had more time now to do that again!

Adina
svetlana7e
Aliso Viejo, CA

June 30, 2011
10:38 AM

Post #8664203

I bought a lot of plants and seeds on e-bay. With some plants I had problems, but always easily resolved with seller by replacing the plants or quick refund. Pretty much all sellers care about feedback and do everything to get positive one. My best buy was from cadman2003 for black currant plants. Bought four of them, all came very healthy, planted and now they are in full bloom. Another favorite seller is wellspring100. He offers very unique exotic plants, bought three banana plants from him, vanilla plant, and other unique plants. All doing very well and when I had some questions I contacted seller month later and he was very nice to give me helpful advice regarding banana plants. Also, I bought a lot of unique seeds that were shipped from Turkey and Ukraine. Germination rate was high on both of them. I highly recommend check e-bay, there is a lot of good deal on plants and seeds in terms of price and uniqueness.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

June 30, 2011
1:43 PM

Post #8664574

Gosh, I didn't know this was going to be PUBLISHED today!! That will teach me to make last-minute re-arrangements of the pictures and then go to bed.

Adina, thank you. I, of course, only know about US eBay, although it's possible to accidentally buy things that are in China or Australia. Which as another thing, always know where the merchandise is coming from!

Svetlana, yes, it's possible to have really good experiences! Thanks for writing.

And killda, you make an EXCELLENT point! When you compare your chances of satisfaction to those of a mailorder nursery ... it's a toss-up. Thanks for writing.

I'm still trying to keep the rest of the plugs--maybe I'm down to about 300 now--alive while I figure out where to put them!
killdawabbit
Christiana, TN
(Zone 6b)

June 30, 2011
3:19 PM

Post #8664778

Hang in there. We know you can do it. :-D

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

June 30, 2011
4:22 PM

Post #8664905

Getting some really interesting container combinations! Randomly shoving stuff in places...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Buying annual plants (and other stuff) on eBay -- is it a good idea? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Pretty easy to check out eBay sellers nutsaboutnature 7 Jun 10, 2012 10:29 AM
Never bought annuls on-line sweetlilylin 1 Jun 11, 2012 7:18 AM
e-Bay plants ggrayhabig 3 Aug 6, 2012 5:49 PM
Selling on ebay tarynlyn 6 Jun 19, 2012 6:17 PM
Selling on e-Bay - Years ago babypalms 1 Jun 11, 2012 3:05 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America