Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Recipes: Cooking (preserving) with 'TRUVIA'

Communities > Forums > Recipes
bookmark
Forum: RecipesReplies: 3, Views: 48
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

July 1, 2011
7:16 AM

Post #8665925

Hi ..

The Strawberry season will start here in about a weeks time. I always go and pick the berries and make 'Freezer Jam' .. this year I want to make a batch using 'TRUVIA'.
Am wondering if anyone has done this, and where can I find the equivalents of TRUVIA to sugar .. I have googled it but it's kind of confusing ..

Thanks in advance :-)

Marilynne
nanners1955
Concord, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 8, 2011
10:50 AM

Post #8680376

I Used the low sugar pectin and it has directions for Splenda...I have never used Truvia but if it is comparable to Splenda maybe it will work? The directions are in the box
sunnyg
San Francisco Bay Ar, CA
(Zone 9b)

July 8, 2011
11:16 AM

Post #8680425

Here's the conversion chart off of the Truvia website: http://www.truvia.com/recipes/conversion-chart/

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

July 8, 2011
2:10 PM

Post #8680672

Thanks so much Sunny and Nanners .. we picked fresh strawberries today .. and tomorrow I am going to make freezer jam with the low sugar pectin :-)

~M~

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Recipes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Banana Split Cake / Personal Pizzas Gayl 1 Aug 14, 2012 9:18 AM
Recipes of ALL the USA States gardendragon 102 Jul 20, 2011 5:26 AM
Crescent Lasagna Nebraska_Jewel 3 Aug 22, 2011 6:35 PM
S.Louisiana Dirty Rice justmeLisa 68 Oct 6, 2010 7:51 PM
Just for GardenDragon Brook 6 Aug 18, 2012 2:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America