Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Lilies: casa blanca

Communities > Forums > Lilies
bookmark
Forum: LiliesReplies: 3, Views: 62
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
betleyoun
Augusta, GA

July 3, 2011
4:26 AM

Post #8669155

I live in Georgia. My casa blanca lilies are terrible this year, bloomed last year, they are small, yellowing, not buds or blooms. I have a friend 30 min. away and hers are the same, just awful. At this point I am thinking of just digging them up, and starting all over. Any ideas?
DonnaMack
Elgin, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 3, 2011
6:52 AM

Post #8669365

That is interesting. I started out with 12 Casablancas in 2003 and had them for years. They had been so tough I moved them to other locations. And the flowers were huge. A couple of years ago they started dwindling down. Smaller, yellowing, no blooms. This year there were only two. I dug them up and put them in a pot and they seem much happier.

If you want to take a shot, dig them up, put them in a pot with fresh mix, keep them watered (seems to be more important than the average lily) and some weak fertilizer. That's what I'm doing and they seem robust again.

Donna
betleyoun
Augusta, GA

July 6, 2011
6:38 AM

Post #8675637

Thanks. I dug them up the other day. 3 of them had no bulb left on the end of the stalk. I think borers for sure. All my other lily bulbs are in pots, think I will go that route too.
DonnaMack
Elgin, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2011
6:48 AM

Post #8675656

Way to go. I'm finding that every lily I dig up and put in a pot thrives, probably because they are closer to the house and I can give them more consistent care.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Lilies Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
lilium White Henryi lincolnitess 55 Jan 1, 2008 4:30 PM
The sickness continues... ivory 268 Oct 23, 2007 9:34 PM
Lily Germination Leftwood 8 Apr 21, 2007 7:20 PM
Fasciated Lilys menkids 108 Dec 6, 2007 2:20 PM
my Lilium seeds germinated bloomoon 10 May 8, 2008 3:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America