Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Fuchsias: ID please

Communities > Forums > Fuchsias
bookmark
Forum: FuchsiasReplies: 6, Views: 91
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Kell

Kell
Northern California, CA
(Zone 9b)

July 3, 2011
5:51 PM

Post #8670454

I tossed all my fuchsias in the last 2 months! All were so contorted with mite damage. I was so sick of spraying. I decided never ever to buy another one no matter how beautiful! I even had fuchsia mites on 2 kinds that are mite resistant.

Then yesterday I got suckered in, LOL! So fast. It wasn't till I got home that I remembered my solemn oath never to buy another.

I am hoping these will truly be fuchsia mite resistant.

I have had this one in the past and must have killed it for it is no more. But it is so pretty I had to get it again.

Fuchsia denticulata

Thumbnail by Kell
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Kell

Kell
Northern California, CA
(Zone 9b)

July 3, 2011
5:55 PM

Post #8670465

This is the one for which I need an ID. It is a Fuchsia denticulata hybrid. Anyone know if it was named? My pictures do not do it justice. It is a very dark PINK one with a whitish glass glaze over the PINK color over the corolla tube.

Thumbnail by Kell

Kell

Kell
Northern California, CA
(Zone 9b)

July 3, 2011
5:56 PM

Post #8670467

The buds.,

Thumbnail by Kell

Kell

Kell
Northern California, CA
(Zone 9b)

July 3, 2011
5:57 PM

Post #8670471

The seed pod is round. I need to figure out how they like to be sowed. They were with many other types of resistant mite fuchsias so they might be all hybrids.

Thumbnail by Kell

growin

growin
Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

September 23, 2011
11:51 PM

Post #8821531

This message was edited Sep 23, 2011 11:52 PM

bariolio

bariolio
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 24, 2011
7:39 AM

Post #8821829

First, I'm just so excited you posted on the Fuchsia forum, Kell! I want to see more Fuchsias, peeps!
Second, was that a little baby mite I saw in the first picture? JUST JOKING! All my fuchsias became toast here in W. Houston. I'm not sure if they had disease or bugs or just hated the weather. I had them in shade, full sun, partial sun...I guess I could treat them as annuals but I feel like they are so pretty, it's a shame to sentence them to death... :)
Hope someone (HEY PC!) can help you with the ID. Good luck with them!

Janet
PedricksCorner
Freedom, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 29, 2011
9:17 AM

Post #8829172

That is a beautiful fuchsia Kell, makes me want one! I have a couple of varieties that haven't bloomed yet for me, which are denticulata hybrids. I just got them a few weeks ago. Maybe one of them will turn out to be the same as yours!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Fuchsias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Amazing fuchsias Zanymuse 84 Sep 3, 2009 2:19 AM
Who would like to see a Fuchsia Forum!? PedricksCorner 134 Dec 2, 2009 6:06 PM
Let's get a Fuchsia forum going! PedricksCorner 83 Sep 3, 2009 2:21 AM
help with my fuchsia jjpate 2 Jun 8, 2009 5:38 AM
Fuschia - do I trim this? blackThumbz 15 Sep 4, 2009 4:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America