Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Sewing and Quilting: New 5" Charm Block swap

Communities > Forums > Sewing and Quilting
bookmark
Forum: Sewing and QuiltingReplies: 202, Views: 1,170
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 4, 2011
5:20 AM

Post #8671063

Charm Block swap, you will send 9 out 5"x5" blocks out and get nine back. The deadline is Sept 1 and please use 100% cotton. Each block should be different unless the member states that duplicates are alright (Please let us know).

1. Psychw2 (Pat) Novelty prints, duplicates OK, if you don't have some novelty prints just send primary colors, ok?
2. Housse301 (Laura) BRIGHT pink,purple,orange,green really anything BRIGHT. But no batiks.
3. Siliolegma (Karen) Blues, Blue & White,White TOT, Yellows, duplicates Ok
4. Abbisgranma (Marion) Scaps, TOT ok too. (duplicates OK)
5.Catbird23 ( Robin) I spy/ novelty fabric
6. FLStu (Stuart) Civil War, Victorian or Edwardian (pre-1930's) looking prints and/ or blenders. Duplicates are OK.
7. SewSassee (Bev) BRIGHT & Funky!
8. Quilter5bdsr - (Barb) Scappy duplicates ok
9. Melody - Brights... especially likes fruits and vegetables and anything Unusual. duplicates ok
10. BarefootT- BRIGHT! pinks, purple, greens, prints, TOT NO pastels! duplicates OK> (this woman likes' BRIGHTS so bright they make your eyes bleed!!)
11. Elen - Beige, tans and brown, prefer TOT and light print, not flowers etc.
12. Qwilter (Jean) : BLUES, batiks OK
Elen's blocks will be mailed to ME, and the blocks she cuts will come to me. I will disperse those to the appropriate people EVERYONE else will mail DIRECTLY to the appropriate person. Clear? Let me know if there are quesitons.

This message was edited Jul 8, 2011 3:36 PM

This message was edited Jul 8, 2011 9:08 PM

This message was edited Jul 8, 2011 11:51 PM
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

July 4, 2011
5:56 AM

Post #8671123

Oh WOW thank you so much for taking this on Pat.
Count me in please. My colors are BRIGHT pink,purple,orange,green really anything BRIGHT. But no batiks.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2011
6:42 AM

Post #8671206

Me Please...Blues, Blue & White,White TOT, Yellows for center contrast. Any combination of the three colors will work for me, duplicates are fine too.

This message was edited Jul 4, 2011 10:49 AM
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2011
7:09 AM

Post #8671274

I'm here also. I still would like just scraps from your left over fabrics. Tone on tone prints would be okay also.

Thanks Pat!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2011
9:13 AM

Post #8671569

Duplicates are fine with me.

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

July 4, 2011
9:35 AM

Post #8671596

I want to go with novelty prints suitable for a childs' I Spy quilt. Can basically be anything. Duplicates are ok too.

This message was edited Jul 4, 2011 9:04 PM

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 4, 2011
5:45 PM

Post #8672506

I am here... finally...couldn't get the link or the actual thread on the list to open for me earlier today... my interface with DG does that at times.

Civil War, Victorian or Edwardian (pre-1930's) looking prints and/ or blenders. Duplicates are OK.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 4, 2011
7:25 PM

Post #8672672

Wheeeeew... glad you decided to come on board Stu, I have YOUR blocks cut!! LOL

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2011
7:29 PM

Post #8672683

Oh my, we sold our house, The lady had really seemed to want it but then she said she would call me over 2 weeks ago, and didn't hear a word so just figured she had changed her mind. Today we have our grand daughter & 3 greats visiting and were packing to go up north for a few days. She called out of the blue and asked could she come over for a few minutes. She said she wanted the house and agreed to our asking price. I'm still in shock. I have to get packed & moved in a month. Thank goodness my grandson set their wedding date back to March.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2011
8:26 PM

Post #8672788

Good for you Karen. I know you are feeling much relief. LOL, I so underderstand about packing and being out within a month. That is what happened to me when I sold my home in Gainesville 15 months after my husband's death. Thank goodness for friends.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2011
9:21 PM

Post #8672849

Grandsons...lots of big, tall, strong grandsons.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

July 5, 2011
2:54 AM

Post #8673040

Karen I am happy for you. Where will you move too??

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 5, 2011
4:00 AM

Post #8673068

Well...we still have our property in northern MI, which is also for sale. Problem is, right now the little house is rented by the month and the lake house is rented by the week. So... we will need a place for about three weeks. All our stuff can be packed into pods and taken up north. I'm pretty sure one of my kids will give us a corner to sleep in for a short while. Ultimately we hope to move to TN to take advantage of the more mellow winters, these old bones just don't like the cold anymore. However, I don't seem to be able to regulate my body temperature very well so I don't want the extreme heat of FL either. I also have grands and greats in TN so would still have family around me and we will only be 9 hours away from the rest.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 5, 2011
4:12 AM

Post #8673078

Great news Karen!!!!! Enjoy the packing. I'm enjoying the lull. The POD is in storage and there is really nothing more I can pack till we sell. I do have a pile of boxes for when the time comes.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 5, 2011
4:31 AM

Post #8673112

I'm still reeling and didn't get any sleep last night. We had more vacation plans for the next couple of weeks with the greats and I so hate to disappoint them.
I still want to be in this swap and will set up a new address soon.

This message was edited Jul 5, 2011 6:32 AM
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 5, 2011
5:00 AM

Post #8673139

Stu - I may have a pile of Civil War fabrics for you. A friend who gifts me her left overs just finished a King sampler and said "she never wants to see a Civil War print again".
They aren't my "thing" either so will gladly send them your direction.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 5, 2011
7:22 AM

Post #8673391

WOW STu!! Sounds like you are being gifted some GREAT stuff!!!

Karen, would you prefer to have all your charms held until you are settled, or, sent to someone else until you are ready? Either of those things are an option. I would recommend IMMEDIATELY editing your address here in DG to an "in care of" address on ANY swap you are part of. I have a block I was going to mail out tomorrow for instance.

I'm so glad to hear your house sold and at your asking price!! WHAT a relief.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 5, 2011
8:48 AM

Post #8673548

Wow, Qwilter, A BIG thanks. Just purchsed 22 12.5-inch blocks from Ebay made by a friendship circle and all are the same star and made out of vintage-type fabrics. Think I'm going to use the charms etc. for Antique Tile blocks and alternate3 them with the star blocks. The fabrics will sure come in handy.

Silio... congrats on the house. I had sold my prior house and had to be out in two weeks. It was the beginning of December at the time and I had to work nights and weekend to pack, so I can commisurate with your time frame. But, bless those PODS. They sit there and wait till you're done, a great way even to move, let alone store for a while.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 5, 2011
10:56 AM

Post #8673837

Well last move I was sewing in TN for DGD's wedding and had only a couple weeks after I got back home.

My present address is good until the end of July unless I let you know otherwise. I really don't see us getting moved before then.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 5, 2011
11:25 AM

Post #8673902

OK, so send my block from "Different kind of block swap" AND the 2 other blocks & completing fabric for placements to you at this address now??

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 5, 2011
5:20 PM

Post #8674614

Yup as long as it's before the end of the month. I'll give a new address when it's needed.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 5, 2011
6:05 PM

Post #8674714

Congrats on the sale Karen!!!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 5, 2011
6:24 PM

Post #8674754

How wonderful for you that it happened so quickly. I've heard that the housing market was improving and it seems to be for you. Congratulations Karen...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 5, 2011
7:23 PM

Post #8674890

Robin, I have been trying to send you a private Dmail but "it's not working" LOL... Since you and I are both interested in doing the Novelty prints, would you like to exchange more than 9 novelty blocks between us? I cut your novelty blocks last night and know I have at least another 10 more of different novelty fabrics that I could cut. I'll hold off mailing your "Monkey Wrench" block from the "Different kind" block swap and your charms for one day hoping to hear from you.
Pat

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
4:53 AM

Post #8675435

Just found out you started a new 5" swap, this is Sweetee288, couldn't get my old id back. If I can join in on your swap I would love to as I am trying to make a new 9 block. Let me know please if I may join. Thanks.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2011
5:28 AM

Post #8675483

I'd be honored tp be in a swap with you. And may I join in too? Since the thread was erased, I don't remember what I said for colors but I think I said anything for a scrappy quilt. That's what I would like.
Sewsassee do you have a color preference?

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
5:49 AM

Post #8675523

I like anything bright or funky. Thank you all for making me feel welcome.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2011
6:05 AM

Post #8675582

I'll play!

Would anyone like hand-dyed fabric? (I'm better at doing that than quilting)

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
6:35 AM

Post #8675630

Hi Melody, wow, hand dyed? Sure, that sure does sound fun and funky to me. Count me in on that. =)
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
6:55 AM

Post #8675682

Melody is the "woman of many talents"!!!!!
And yes, she can quilt...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2011
8:10 AM

Post #8675833

I guess she can!!! check this out if you haven't already!!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1168327/
So happy to see you join in on one of these swaps Melody. I do realize how busy you are with DG...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 6, 2011
8:23 AM

Post #8675862

What a wonderful way to start my day!!! I see we have Sweetie back but with a new name...Welcome Back!!!!! Then to see Melody has joined...wow. I have lurked on threads where Melody has posted what she is has been working/finished. I welcome any fabric, otherwise my family wouldn't be calling me a "fabriholic".

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
8:28 AM

Post #8675876

VERY HAPPY ^_^ ^_^ to see you back with us Sassee

count me in too please

pinks, purples, greens, prints, tot, whatever, except NO pastels please (girly girly) gonna do something for my GD.

nice of you to come play with us Melody, I think hand dyed would be awesome ^_^

duplicates ok

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 6, 2011
8:32 AM

Post #8675886

OK, WELCOME WELCOME Sweetee under ANY NAME just as welcome!!! We are so happy to have you back with us. If I had known for sure that you would DG and us all another chance I would never had started a thread!

I'll update everything up top when I get off work today. WELCOME Melody, I would LOVE some hand dyed fabric!

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2011
8:35 AM

Post #8675896

Thanks for the welcome ya'll!

I've helped SewSassee get her new account fixed up and everyone gets a fresh start.

I like about anything bright. I also collect fruit and vegetable prints (imagine that!) and anything unusual.

Those wanting the hand-dyed fabric, specify bright or pastel.
If you haven't read any of my textile articles here on DG, just click my name and the whole list of my articles will be on my member page. I've snow-dyed, done discharge prints and there's even an article about the Paducah Quilt Show.

This will be fun!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 6, 2011
8:46 AM

Post #8675916

I would love bright, please.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2011
9:10 AM

Post #8675955

Oh Oh Hand dyed??? yummy. If you have any blues and yellows, me please. So glad you are back Sew-Sassee/Sweetee. Get your thinking cap on to hostess another swap down the road, this one is a great idea.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 6, 2011
10:41 AM

Post #8676190

Welcome back Sew-Sasse. Made me smile to see you back on. Hello Melody. Happay to 'play' with you. I am asking for a vintage feel, so hand-dyed is fine. Guess more muted colors would be appropriate, but you would know better what brightness would have prevailed back then as you Hand-dye, which was how many of the fabrics in the 19th century were made.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2011
10:49 AM

Post #8676201

I've created a little spreadsheet with everyone's requests so I can keep up with what goes where. I have some nice vintage fabrics too...I'll see what I have that would be appropriate for the turn of the last century. (I have a closet devoted to nothing but fabric..."she who dies with the most fabric wins")

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 6, 2011
11:26 AM

Post #8676283

BRIGHT for me!!
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

July 6, 2011
11:38 AM

Post #8676304

BRIGHTS for me

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
1:11 PM

Post #8676496

Thanks everyone =) I am so happy to be back and give this another whirl. Question: What is TOT? and what exactly are Civil War prints? I am confused on those. I guess it's like learning how to text, you need to get a lingo chart, ha.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
2:35 PM

Post #8676618

tot is tone on tone...like a white design on white fabric...which is also known as wow...not to be confusing :) go to any on line fabric store, and they usually have a listing of tot's, a few places call them "blenders" same thing for civil war prints...look at any online stores...have you been to fabric.com? they should have some good examples...

batiks http://www.fabric.com/quilting-fabric-batik-fabric.aspx?Source=LeftNav

civil war http://www.fabric.com/quilting-fabric-reproduction-fabrics-moda-civil-war-reunion.aspx

blenders, a few here I would not consider tot, tot is basically same color design on same color fabric, green on green, blue on blue...etc.. http://www.fabric.com/quilting-fabric-shop-blenders-by-color.aspx?Source=LeftNav

hope these help... and don't ever be afraid to ask any questions at all...either on the threads, or my d mail...we are all very willing to answer / help ..

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2011
4:30 PM

Post #8676816

Just remember - the only foolish question is the one you don't ask!!!! And again - I'm so glad you are here.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 6, 2011
5:34 PM

Post #8676922

Thunder, you didn't...you didn't corrupt sweet SewSasse with a link to Fabric.com, where you can get an additional 30% off of clearance with code CLEAR711? How could you!!!!!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 6, 2011
5:38 PM

Post #8676933

I am so tempted -
I know sometime soon I will have to go North and bury DH ashes in Flushing Cemetary as that is where we have real estate (you know what I mean) .Have to straighten out a huge mis-hap. Helene

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 6, 2011
6:02 PM

Post #8676973

Silio / Karen, I was not sure if you wanted 4 blue or blue&white identical & 4 white identical & ONE BRIGHT Yellow or exactly what you had in mind. Please clarify so I can write it on top correctly.
Pat

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
6:30 PM

Post #8677033

Thank you Thunder, can always count on family to help you spend your dough, lol. Oh, and I got some "Brights" for you! ha. I am the same way, the brighter the better. And with kids, yeah, I got brights. My next 9 block is in green skulls, with power flower flowers and green zebra prints. I know doesn't sound like it all goes together, but yeah, it does, lol. I'm thinking if I have extras of those, you'd love 'em. I'll just hand deliver mine and save on postage, ha ha.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
7:14 PM

Post #8677117

Ohhhh Stu How long is that code good for??? I may just have to do a little more shopping!!!! I did not know about that one!!!

Sassee I can almost picture it!!! anything in brights, and with skulls works in my book!!
first quilt I made for my GD was skulls..etc...
got to keep your brother away from that stuff when we go to fabric stores...he is forever saying " baby needs this one.. and this..and..." " oh we don't have this one!!" he is dangerous on my fabric budget when it comes to our GD!!! I was just trying to help you with examples of types of fabric...I did not say here...go spend money!!! LOL

If any of you are on face book, and not already "A friend"...send a request and you can see more of my "sailor" photos...put a bunch up today...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 6, 2011
7:25 PM

Post #8677144

ROFLOL. Leave to someone to post sites to spend our money. I am trying so hard to be a good girl as I have just had to replace some kitchen appliances...large type. I guess when everything is purchased at once, they die at the same time. I will not look at fabric sites, I will not look at fabric sites, I willl not...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 6, 2011
10:14 PM

Post #8677442

Be Strong Marion, you and I can hold hands and recite the Serernity Prayer together. Maybe we'll make it white knuckle together! LOL

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 7, 2011
3:37 AM

Post #8677619

The code is good through midnight 7/11.

I had bought some fabrics when I got the notice and then called and cancelled my order about an hour later. I do have addictive buying issues that needs reinforcement frequently. I have all that I need for the projects I have slated, so don't NEED more fabric. So far, so good.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2011
4:37 AM

Post #8677652

Ah but you can NEVER have enough fabric... =)

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2011
4:48 AM

Post #8677663

Pat, I'm ok with my squares being in any combo. duplicates are fine too.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2011
5:41 AM

Post #8677743

Me too. I don't mind duplicates either.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2011
5:56 AM

Post #8677763

Duplicates are fine for me too.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2011
6:35 AM

Post #8677825

same here duplicates are fine.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2011
6:36 AM

Post #8677828

Oh and when everyone gets a moment can you please email me your address? Thank you.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2011
6:42 AM

Post #8677834

Yes, I'll need addresses as well. For obvious reasons, I'm no longer in the exchange.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2011
6:49 AM

Post #8677847

I'll send an address as soon as I get one. LOL
Elen
Paris
France

July 7, 2011
12:33 PM

Post #8678516

Too late to joign ?

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2011
1:36 PM

Post #8678646

Hooray Elen!!!! Imagine--a swap with NO sewing!!! I love it for the change. Happy to see you.
Elen
Paris
France

July 7, 2011
1:42 PM

Post #8678663

If it's possible I would like to joign with the same colors choice.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2011
1:52 PM

Post #8678674

Which colors Elen? Everyone is picking different ones.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 7, 2011
4:42 PM

Post #8678989

The more the merrier Elen.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2011
7:34 PM

Post #8679365

Glad you found your way over Elen. I look forward to swapping with you, should be fun.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 8, 2011
7:35 AM

Post #8680029

Check above Elen, I think I remembered your colors right. Any other clarification? I'm going to check on two other people who expressed an interest and then close this swap.

Elen's blocks will come to me, she will mail her's to me and I will disburse them those blocks EVERYONE else will mail DIRECTLY to the people listed.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 8, 2011
7:37 AM

Post #8680033

If anyone needs information from the deleted thread, let me know.
We have an admin archive where I can go take a look at it.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 8, 2011
8:10 AM

Post #8680104

May I suggest that everyone send a dollar or two to Pat , when you send your pieces...to help cover postage to France, and the extra costs she will have in sending Elens blocks to us...

Thanks for doing this for us Doc, it is such Great fun to get goodies from France !!! so very Happy you are joining us Elen ^_^
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 8, 2011
9:07 AM

Post #8680197

I wasn't going to, but I'll "play" along.
I think I have enough in the stash I left behind to cover everyone's wishes.

I'll update the address exchange with the FL Address.
Elen
Paris
France

July 8, 2011
12:30 PM

Post #8680523

Could you show me what novelty prints look like ?

Don't be sure what do you mean when you wish "bright" fabrics. Does it mean flashy colors ?
And what about scaps ???

So sorry for these questions.

Sometimes I can't find the translation of words you use and other times I know the translation but I don't understand what that means.

I am aware of being a handicap for you in the swaps because you are forced to give me details. That's very generous to accept me anyway.

Thank you all !!

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 8, 2011
1:02 PM

Post #8680562

No problem at all. Your questions are welcome!
These would be considered novelty prints...and they are also bright.

Novelty prints can be anything...rabbits, watering cans, little children...or even castles and chocolate cake. They're just fun and different.

Thumbnail by melody
Click the image for an enlarged view.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 8, 2011
1:07 PM

Post #8680569

Elen, you are vey welcome and we are happy to have you. Your questions are not problem. As Melody said, yes, brights are "flashy", they are the opposite of dull or pastel.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 8, 2011
1:11 PM

Post #8680579

I'll go with BLUES...any blues...batiks are fine

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 8, 2011
9:04 PM

Post #8681371

Elen, I think the "scappy" is meant to say Scrappy...which means to use any "scraps" leftovers you may have from any projects...Scrappy usually refers also to a mix of colors and designs / prints...

this is bright

Thumbnail by barefootT

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 8, 2011
9:05 PM

Post #8681373

this is Not bright

Thumbnail by barefootT

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 8, 2011
9:08 PM

Post #8681376

every one learns from any kind of questions...so don't ever ever be worried about asking!!!! we are here to share, and help one another grow in our quilting...and of course for the friendship ^_^
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2011
3:38 AM

Post #8681525

OK, I figured out how to "fool" the address exchange and put in 2 addresses.
If you mail these in the next couple weeks, use the MD address.
After mid-August, plse use the FL address.
If in doubt, mail to FL.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2011
5:43 PM

Post #8682761

Woohoo first to show mine. These are from Pat and a good representation of what I am looking for. Blue TOT, White TOT, white on blue, blue on white, a few yellows either solid or print for contrasting centers. I'll be making for my newest granddaughter( Rory's wife & Noelle's mom), she loves the D9P pattern. As a bonus she wants me to teach her to quilt. She's starting with a Rag Quilt.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2011
6:00 PM

Post #8682782

OK finally got it right camera settings were wrong. If an administrator can delete the7:45 posting, I would appreciate it.

This message was edited Jul 9, 2011 8:37 PM

Thumbnail by siliolegma

Elen
Paris
France

July 10, 2011
2:04 AM

Post #8683183

Thank you for your answers but I still have some questions.
Many of you have indicated "TOT" does it mean tone on tone?
I would also like to know if those who want bright colors accept plain or do they prefer prints ?

Yesterday morning I went to Paris in a district called St Peter's market (le marché St Pierre) where there are many fabric stores. I've found some nice fabrics that I hope will please you. Now I speak especially to those who requested the novelty fabrics: 2 of my fabrics are a nod to France and especially Paris. Do you like to receive them or do you prefer other printed?
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 10, 2011
3:09 AM

Post #8683195

Good morning Elen - yes TOT is tone on tone.
I'm just so excited to be getting more French fabrics!!!! I'mm add them to my "International" stash. I have the others you sent me, some from England, Korea, Japan, and Scotland. Not a clue what I'm ever going to do with them since they are all so different, but I'm sure the perfect project will show up. Besides, I still want to do more traveling/collecting!!!!

PS I sure wouldn't mind if you included a piece of those "Paris" fabrics in with my pile, even if it isn't blue.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2011
6:04 AM

Post #8683421

Me too Elen...I love international fabrics, and bright prints are just fine.

(Karen, I got rid of your post for you)

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 10, 2011
7:49 AM

Post #8683613

Thank you Melody. I got my camera set correctly now.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 10, 2011
10:22 AM

Post #8684011

Elen, I will be delighted with anything you send.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 10, 2011
3:29 PM

Post #8684560

Elen, I am sure I will be delighted with whatever you send also, plain or prints ..

and do you have any preference?? plain or prints??

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 10, 2011
3:55 PM

Post #8684602

Elen, something that is a "nod to Paris" would be GREAT!!! "novelty" or not.

Yes, folks I can count... however I think everyone is likely to receive more than 9 blocks from me. Mostly because if I have some more that I think is "perfect" but doesn't fit the description of what you asked for, I prefer to send extra. In Stuart;s case, I'll be also sending an uncut piece so he can fussy cut it anyway he sees fit. I think it goes OK with the more civil war looking fabrics so I will include it. Most of you will not get my charm blocks until I receive Elen's blocks so I'm not mailing twice.

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 10, 2011
4:11 PM

Post #8684620

I am so glad you stated the above, Pat. I have some pieces that I was considering sending "as is" so the person receiving them could cut as they wished. Whee, now I don't have to ask that question.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 10, 2011
7:59 PM

Post #8685011

I am just pleased to be part of this swap and would gladly accept anything Elen sends. Thank you

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 10, 2011
8:05 PM

Post #8685018

Thanks for thinking of me Pat. Everything I get will be appreciated and put to good use.
Elen
Paris
France

July 10, 2011
11:38 PM

Post #8685215

I took note of those interested in the novelty prints.

Plain colors and TOT are welcome but if possible avoid printing too marked, too big. My niece doesn't like them much. Thank you for her!
Duplicates are possible.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2011
5:01 AM

Post #8685377

There is a sale this week at Keepsake Quilting with 15% off on the charm packs (they are 50 oieces). Here is a link
http://www.keepsakequilting.com/products/U3/U16/U16.L2/Charm-Packs.htm?utm_medium=EmailPush&utm_source=KQ_2011_7_10&utm_campaign=KQ_July10_2011_Promo_Charm_Packs&utm_content=main_image&lm=kpkq&SCODE=KBWEB
I noticed Civil War and kids paks for those wanting to do an I Spy quilt. Along with several beautiful combinations of colors.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 11, 2011
5:27 AM

Post #8685428

Stu - WOW, do I have a pile for you. Must be scraps of 15 different fabrics. Do you mind if I don't trim them to 5"? I do have a few other pieces from my stash that are trimmed.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 11, 2011
8:09 AM

Post #8685698

The first batch of fabric is drying...most of you wanted intense brights...so I aim to please!

I'll do another group this evening with softer tones. These are about 3 foot strips that I'll cut into the blocks, so there ought to be a nice selection.

Thumbnail by melody

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 11, 2011
8:27 AM

Post #8685734

WOW...heck w/wanting blues. I;d take any of those bright ones!!!!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 11, 2011
8:30 AM

Post #8685740

I can hardly wait. I love them!!!!

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 11, 2011
8:38 AM

Post #8685752

:o)

You never see real honest-to-good tie dye fabric in the stores, so I thought ya'll would like these.
I do a softer technique with ice, but they look like patterns that you get elsewhere. The up side is that you can blend your own color combinations.

Thumbnail by melody

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 11, 2011
8:44 AM

Post #8685765

I have a selection of fabric dyes, ash, and setting solutions. Now I'm inspired to get them out & get to work. I dyes some TOT a few years ago and they came out with some amazing colorings.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 11, 2011
9:08 AM

Post #8685844

Generally I'm all about the BRIGHT, however I'm working on a project that the brown would be wonderful for! I would gladly take all 9 in the beautiful hand dyed brown.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 11, 2011
9:19 AM

Post #8685875

I was going to do some more browns and tans this evening...stay tuned! (I'll make sure you get the brown Pat...but hang tight...there might be something else that works too)

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2011
9:19 AM

Post #8685876

Wow!!! these are exciting.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 11, 2011
9:35 AM

Post #8685924

Qwilter... It's fine if they're not cut or trimmed. Thanks, wow. It looks as if I will be able to do my faux antique quilt justice. I plan to use only scraps and pieces that I receive for the blocks, simulating the scraps that were available so that good fabric didn't go to waste. Between swap blocks, often given as gifts of friendship back then as now, and blocks from the scraps, the quilt will be truer to the intent of the quilts I'm trying to emulate.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 11, 2011
9:55 AM

Post #8685951

I have some nice pieces picked out for you too Stu.
I have a small stash of reproductions from the era that you are looking for and I think they are just what you had in mind.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 11, 2011
11:09 AM

Post #8686067

Melody - One word "GORGEOUS"! What wonderful work you do on your hand dying.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 11, 2011
11:13 AM

Post #8686083

:oD

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 11, 2011
3:01 PM

Post #8686603

Thanks Melody... you do some beautiful work with you fabrics. Wow, to be able to make your quilts with your own fabrics. A doubley extra special gift.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 11, 2011
8:10 PM

Post #8687239

Melody's work is AWESOME!!! What a fun way to work in fabrics! I have enough trouble just getting the sewing done I can't imagine if I was trying to dye stuff too... I'd never get anything done! I can sure appreciate YOUR work!

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 12, 2011
7:10 AM

Post #8687733

Actually, I dye much more than I sew. Most of the time, my Mom and her friends get the fabric. I do lots of silk scarves (different process, different chemicals) and a bit of sun printing...My background is Graphic Design, so I enjoy the organic process of color.

(second batch of fabric is in the washing machine right now...pictures to follow!)
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 12, 2011
7:15 AM

Post #8687747

I've been wanting to tryt he sun printing.
Have you tried the flower pounding? I did some but it was way too time consuming (and noisy) and never get get the results I was hoping for.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 12, 2011
7:20 AM

Post #8687754

I've done both...caladium leaves are awesome for pounding...they really hold the original colors well.

Here's some sun printed fabric...It was a khaki skirt that I bought at a thrift store for $1. (I get tons of neat fabric and buttons at thrift stores)

This fabric became a Kindle cover for a friend.

Thumbnail by melody

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 12, 2011
7:21 AM

Post #8687757

I also do discharge prints...again, thrift store finds are fantastic. Either wear the piece or cut it up for something else.

Thumbnail by melody

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 12, 2011
7:52 AM

Post #8687792

Soft colors are now ready.

I have one more batch to dye (I've gotten inspired and have a plan for the excess...imagine that!)

Thumbnail by melody

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 12, 2011
8:02 AM

Post #8687813

I am in total awe of your work Melody. Now, I will try to stop this brain of mine from starting to hint I need to read more about these processes. I will behave...I will behave...

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2011
8:05 AM

Post #8687827

Amazing Melody. I loved the Kindle fabric and the shirt. I just may have to investigate this dying process a bit!!! My Mom did traditional rug hooking and hand dyed all her wool. I guess I just wasn't paying attention to that part!!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 12, 2011
8:07 AM

Post #8687833

just so awesom, Love Love the kindle fabric. BTW what is the size of a kindle book? anyone?

I too am so intrigued and need to read about this leaf pounding...and all the other.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2011
8:16 AM

Post #8687848

My Kindle is 5" wide, 7 1/2" tall and 1/2" thick. I have the lighted cover for it and that makes it 5 1/2" wide, 8" tall and 1" thick. Does anyone have apattern for a Kindle cover? I've been looking and haven't found one...

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 12, 2011
8:19 AM

Post #8687861

Hmmm...we could start a thread on fabric transformations...I do all that stuff.

Here's my Kindle cover...The device is 7 1/2" tall with a 4 1/2" screen. My cover is 8" tall and made from old bluejeans that I overdyed. (I Love my Kindle) With the cover, it is about the size and weight of a paperback. I used velcro stickies to hold it in the cover and put a snap on the outside. I just winged it and started folding and pressing till I had the basic shape and size. There's cardboard with a thin piece of foam on the inside to make it padded. (I actually cut the cardboards from the Kindle box)

Thumbnail by melody

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 12, 2011
8:45 AM

Post #8687920

thank you so much , barb and melody.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 12, 2011
8:51 AM

Post #8687928

Here's another overdyed denim one I made for a friend. This shot shows it closed. The seams aren't real straight on mine...this was my second attempt and it looks much nicer.

Thumbnail by melody

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 12, 2011
9:06 AM

Post #8687962

I think we do need a "Fabric Transformations" thread.
I've dabbled, but it's been years since I've done any dying.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2011
9:08 AM

Post #8687965

That would be so great. I would love to know how to "tea dye" some fabric that I wanted to tone down. And what is over dying?

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 12, 2011
9:39 AM

Post #8688004

New thread for color techniques...we pretty much hijacked this thread and there's enough interest to go ahead and start one dedicated to the topic.
If you're interested, come along!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1196194/
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 12, 2011
4:41 PM

Post #8688905

Had to make a trip to WalMart today and imagine my surprise when I happened to notice a rather large craft area being set up in the back of the store. Being curious I went to investigate and yes, after much complaining from sewers/quilters...they are adding back fabrics. So far the one I was in only had pre-cut pieces (2 yd. lengths), fat quarters and some 5" charm packages. The brand I notices was Springs and Cranston but I didn't look all that close. Seems to me it would have been more cost effective had they left the fabric/craft section in the first place. Then again what do I know?

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 12, 2011
5:34 PM

Post #8689015

Marion, I posted that mine added a fabric section several weeks ago. It's still developing. Walmart took a hit this last couple of quarters and is bringing back fabric, guns and fishing rods to 500 of their stores nationwide.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 12, 2011
6:02 PM

Post #8689071

What Wal*Mart may not have factored into their decision to close the fabric department was how much was spent in the OTHER departments because we CAME for the fabric or guns & fishing! They were probably only looking at the department numbers and didn't think it was worth it...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 12, 2011
6:34 PM

Post #8689136

Stu, I must have missed it. I am glad to see they are reconsidering their decision.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 13, 2011
3:11 AM

Post #8689540

Marion, I'm happy that your location is bringing it back too. Fabric, that is, not the guns. MARION, stay away from the guns... the fishing rods are ok, but STAY AWAY FROM THE GUNS!!!!! I can see it now, our poor Marion hauled in for threatening the Walmart employees with a gun. She was heard to say, 'What do you mean there's only 3.5 yeards there, I need 4!!!!!'

PS, you probably didn't get a chance to see the note about WM. I put it on a WM getting rid of fabric thread and the Want something, Have something thread. It probably got buried. Sometimes on active threads, I can accidentally skip a post without intending to trying to catch up.

This message was edited Jul 13, 2011 5:14 AM
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 13, 2011
3:22 AM

Post #8689543

Stu - I should get you fabric mailed off to you Fri PM or Sat. Quite a wide selection. Since you mentioned you need small pieces, I'll leave those in. I usually send my small pieces to Thunder for her Charm Quilt stash so perhaps you can then send her pieces you have left.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 13, 2011
6:05 AM

Post #8689676

Qwilter, that's great, thank you. I have a bag of fabric going for Thunder already, so, if they are a bit smaller than I need, I'll add yours to mine.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 13, 2011
6:08 AM

Post #8689682

Thunder, just to remind myself, you're looking for at least 1.5" square?
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 13, 2011
6:14 AM

Post #8689690

ROFLOL ! I promise to stay away from the guns!!! Funny thing, my Dad was a professional marksman for Winchester and didn't teach any of his children how to shoot----just to respect guns as they were dangerous in the hands of those who were careless and had no respect for what they could do.

I am trying ever so hard to be good about buying fabric. Off to see Cars 2 with my GDs today.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 13, 2011
3:27 PM

Post #8690623

Yes 1.5 " squares THANK YOU !! ^_^

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 16, 2011
11:47 AM

Post #8696020

Hopefully some of you are beginning to receive your charm blocks and I hope you are pleased.

My husband took some of mine to the post office this week. I'm working away on the Winter Theme blocks and will be mailing to anyone who is in THAT swap and THIS swap out together shortly.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

July 16, 2011
12:54 PM

Post #8696105

Pat I did get my blocks while we where gone and I just love the colors.
I think I will mail the block swap and this swap together also.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 17, 2011
8:32 PM

Post #8698671

Marion, I heard cars was great!! but not really a sequel. What did you think???

Sassee came for a visit today!! and we swapped our charm squares...I will take a photo tomorrow, after I get some new batteries...unless somebody can tell me where the extra ones are??? butttttt I forgot to take a photo of what I gave her :( will have to get a msg to her to take one...
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 17, 2011
8:47 PM

Post #8698678

Thunder, lets just say I am glad we went to the $5 show. I was surprised the GDs didn't care for it either. Best part, had a fantastic day with my girls!!!!!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 18, 2011
3:29 AM

Post #8698869

Thunder - must be a battery thief somewhere as all mine disappeared this weekend also. I had to quilt in silence till I could get to the store yesterday AM.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 18, 2011
7:19 AM

Post #8699217

All - I did not make it to the PO over the weekend. Need to go & get some envelopes for mailing these. Good use for the Staples rebate I got in the mail the other day.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 18, 2011
7:24 AM

Post #8699226

I'm just waiting on Elen's and "all of yours" before I can mail out. I sewed like crazy over the weekend and I have all but 2 of my quilt swap blocks ready so anyone in the Christmas/Winter theme swap AND this charm swap will get their charms early. I won't wait for Elen's before mailing yours.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 18, 2011
3:47 PM

Post #8700308

Got my charms from Thunder when I went to visit yesterday. Love them! I love hot pink, well, pink in general..lol. Couldn't resist these when I saw them.

Thumbnail by SewSassee

housse301
Lexington Park, MD

July 18, 2011
5:23 PM

Post #8700492

Love those pinks Bev. Do you have any plans for those? Are you going to make a block or wait till you collect all the others?

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 18, 2011
6:37 PM

Post #8700650

Very nice Bev. Now I can't wait to see what you do with them!!! Have fun.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 18, 2011
6:56 PM

Post #8700694

Well I'm thinking I make a block out of each persons set sent to me and then create an awesome friendship disappearing nine block quilt.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 18, 2011
7:01 PM

Post #8700702

That works!!! Good idea.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 18, 2011
7:08 PM

Post #8700720

Got my first set of charms today from Pat. Love them, thanks. These will work so well for a future block or two for my 'Vintge' Q

Thumbnail by FLStu

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 18, 2011
9:16 PM

Post #8700952

Glad they made it ok, I hope you can see why I didn't cut the border print. I thought it would look good fussy cut for some project.

Sassee, THOSE are some beautiful charms! They will look beautiful made up... but then I LOVE pink!!

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 19, 2011
4:31 AM

Post #8701153

Pat I love pink but I also love purple. Heck, I love anything bright, lol... especially the neon colors.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 19, 2011
6:10 AM

Post #8701274

SewSassee, if they were my blocks, the purple I think you're refering to really are dark blue, though the Victorians and Civil Warians did have purples. What I fojund interesting in my research is that some colors like blacks and purples were not as color fast as they are now, so through time have changed hues. I really love to see when, with our current technology, the ability to recreate the original colors of fabrics, paint, etc to see that they actually weren't all drab colors.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 19, 2011
6:15 AM

Post #8701284

Interesting research you did Stuart. I would imagine back then they didn't have the ability they do now. It's amazing how fast technology changes isn't it.

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

July 19, 2011
7:39 AM

Post #8701424

I got my charms from Pat yesterday, WOW what a selection! You were more than generous, thank you. I think this I Spy quilt will turn out cool, whenever it gets made. Thanks to you Pat I have a good start towards it.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 19, 2011
9:30 AM

Post #8701654

you are so welcome Robin. I was shocked when I went thru my stuff to see so many that would be suitable. It was pleasure to share with you. I cut some for me at the same time.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 19, 2011
2:37 PM

Post #8702205

here are the charms I got from Bev. nice and bright !!

Thumbnail by barefootT

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 19, 2011
4:08 PM

Post #8702421

Great selection Thunder. I can see something for your GD in those fabrics!!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 19, 2011
4:37 PM

Post #8702456

I found some great fabrics a few weeks ago, at a wal-mart I don't usually go to, great price, and great bright colors!!!...and I have some fantastic green and white 9 patches...from the never ending swap...and I have some nifty pinwheels, I made with a "baby genius" charm pack I won... I am going to put them altogether with the charms I get from this...and create
"something wonderful"!!! for the GD I figure she is over due for something new...

I am playing with an idea, in EQ to make quilts for the bunk beds, that used to belong to my boys, now residing in NC waiting for my Angel to grow into ^_^...

And...I ordered a Christmas Jelly Roll (on sale!) from green fairy , to make her another dress...

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 19, 2011
6:57 PM

Post #8702666

Thunder you are having TOO much fun sewing for that granddaughter!!! hehehe

Those charms are BRIGHT!!! great selection
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 20, 2011
3:27 AM

Post #8703048

I have packages ready for about 1/2 of you & will go to the PO this afternoon . Will get the remainder in the next day or 2. Hope they are OK. I'm working from the little that didn't get packed up.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 20, 2011
5:53 AM

Post #8703168

Everyone's but Stuart's are in the mail as of yesterday. I have his ready to go too, but I was telling Mom about the swap and she commented that she had a few that would be perfect for him, so I'm waiting for what she comes up with. I'll see her this weekend.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 20, 2011
8:19 AM

Post #8703574

I'm working on mine today. I have a couple ready but I want to wait to mail until I at lest have half. Maybe by the weekend...

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 20, 2011
10:06 AM

Post #8703802

I mailed everyone except 3 (Siliolegma - need your mailing address & still searching through my stash, Elen - still looking through stash for you too, and Qwilter - still searching through my stash). Other than those three listed everyone should be receiving their stuff shortly.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 20, 2011
10:10 AM

Post #8703811

Sorry, I'm behind on getting mine out, but should be having them ready over the weekend.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 20, 2011
10:17 AM

Post #8703831

Nobody is behind at all Stu. The deadline isn't until Sept 1st!!! There are always some of us that need to get it done and mailed. I'm going to be away in August so I want mine to go out soon. But there is still Plenty of time!!!!
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

July 20, 2011
10:21 AM

Post #8703848

Plenty of time no rush.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 20, 2011
11:48 AM

Post #8704037

Bev. sent my addy on Monday, in dmail.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 20, 2011
12:05 PM

Post #8704064

I never got it. Can you send the addy again? Thanks

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 20, 2011
12:08 PM

Post #8704073

Siliolegma found it. The d-mail was deleted. Maybe it happened when I was sleep typing and checking emails, lol sorry about that. We are all good.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 20, 2011
5:09 PM

Post #8704566

Got my charms from Bev (SewSassee) today. Love them. The six on the right I'm going to use in a 4 patch that I'm building up using 'pot luck' fabrics. They'll eork great. Unbeknownst to her, Bev sent three (the set on the right) that will fit in beautifully to my New Vintage Q

Thumbnail by FLStu

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 20, 2011
5:28 PM

Post #8704595

Stu, I'm confused. I am guessing you meant to put six on the left then 3 on the right? But, hey either way, hip hip hurray I got you three in your Vintage Q... Yeah! =)

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 20, 2011
6:43 PM

Post #8704759

Bev, yes, the six on the LEFT are for my 4 patch. I told Bev that I bought five sets of 50 4.5 inch squares that were pot luck. I wanted to do a scrappy quilt and figured that I would get fabrics that I wouldn't normally get for myself. Doing diagonally light/dark four patches. Bev had some phenominal prints that she thought would say 'BAM', and she wasn't wrong. They'll work really well with this project. The ones on the RIGHT fit so sell in with a vintage feel that will meld in nicely with the 19th century feel of the Vintage Q that's coming together with the help of one of the other swaps.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 20, 2011
8:06 PM

Post #8704973

I got my first set of charms today from Bev (SewSassee). They are soooo cute! I especially liked the black stripe with bold dots.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 20, 2011
8:17 PM

Post #8705005

Thanks Pat and Stu, glad you both like them.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 21, 2011
10:52 AM

Post #8706282

Soooo excited! Thank you Melody! I love these! And you were more than generous, I really appreciate it.

Thumbnail by SewSassee

housse301
Lexington Park, MD

July 21, 2011
11:11 AM

Post #8706342

WOW those are some really great colors.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 21, 2011
11:48 AM

Post #8706411

OH MY!!! Those are WONDERFUL Melody! So lucky Bev!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 21, 2011
12:58 PM

Post #8706530

I received my squares from Bev--wonderful selection. I will post pictures either later today or tomorrow. Trying to get things moved around for my new cook top to be installed tomorrow. All cupboard underneath where it goes needs to be clear so they can work in them. Make sense? They have to crawl in to anchor the top in the counter--don't like being on pots and pans.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 21, 2011
2:05 PM

Post #8706728

Got my squares all cut & labeled. Need more envelopes but car broke down today so when we get it back...
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

July 21, 2011
4:00 PM

Post #8706953

I got my blocks from Bev also. Love the colors and will take pics in the morning.

SewSassee

SewSassee
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 21, 2011
4:08 PM

Post #8706970

I'm glad everyone likes their selections.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 21, 2011
6:17 PM

Post #8707270

Correction Bev: I love mine!!!!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 21, 2011
9:36 PM

Post #8707698

I got squares from Melody also!! Very similar to Bev's... plus some scraps to add to my charm quilt!! ^_^ very very nice...THANKS much Melody . and no my eyes ain't bleeding...I love brights...LOL

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 22, 2011
8:56 AM

Post #8708450

Bleeding's a GOOD thing!

I need some orange thread to finish up your quilt block Thunder, iron everyting smoothly folded into an evelope and I'll be ready to mail out the Charms & Winter/Christmas swap blocks to everybody by Monday.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

July 22, 2011
9:14 AM

Post #8708477

These are the blocks I got from Bev. Thank you for all the colors.

Thumbnail by housse301

housse301
Lexington Park, MD

July 22, 2011
9:18 AM

Post #8708487

These are the blocks I got from Jean. I just love the one in the front with all the swirls of color. Oh heck I love them all.

Thumbnail by housse301

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

July 22, 2011
9:22 AM

Post #8708495

I got blocks today from Bev and Melody. Thank you both so very much. Camera is down right now but I'll post pictures as soon as I can...
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

July 22, 2011
9:27 AM

Post #8708504

And these wonderful colors are from Melody. I may have cut out the dyed ones in the photo but I got some bright and colorful dyed squares. Thank you

Thumbnail by housse301

housse301
Lexington Park, MD

July 22, 2011
9:32 AM

Post #8708512

And these amazing purples and pinks came from Pat. Love,love the butterfly. Thank you

Thumbnail by housse301

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 22, 2011
9:52 AM

Post #8708543

All ready to go to the post office, Hope these are OK, sure didn't expect to be in the middle of a move right now
This is fun, would like a repeat of this swap. It was a great idea Bev.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 22, 2011
10:17 AM

Post #8708600

Some GREAT blocks! I especially liked the "crackle" one in front of your blocks Laura, unique!

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 22, 2011
10:32 AM

Post #8708643

[quote="psychw2"]Glad they made it ok, I hope you can see why I didn't cut the border print. I thought it would look good fussy cut for some project.

Pat... thanks for that. It will divide up nicely and look like totally different coordinating prints
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

July 22, 2011
10:39 AM

Post #8708671

Will be a few more days before I mail mine out. If it wasn't enough the cooktop stopped working, last night the upstairs a/c unit decided to go. I guess I can't really complain (but I will as it is human nature) as it is 38 years old. I was going for 50! LOL

Beautiful pieces everyone. I really like this swap.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 22, 2011
11:32 AM

Post #8708757

Bev's charms came today...wow! Love the colors!

Thumbnail by melody

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 22, 2011
11:33 AM

Post #8708758

Jean's came too!
Colors are great and they 'go' with Bev's!

Thumbnail by melody

Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 22, 2011
11:49 AM

Post #8708795

And I got a pack from Melody with WONDERFUL fabrics.

It is only 102 (so far) here today. Even with AC the upstairs is 86. I'm heading to the basement to quilt & do laundry.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 22, 2011
5:29 PM

Post #8709453

it is like Christmas in July!!! all these great pressies every one is getting!!! ^_^

I want some of those butterflies!!

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 22, 2011
6:34 PM

Post #8709561

So... I'm in my sewing room packing boxes like a mad woman, when DH brings in the mail. I open spectacular hand dyed fabrics from Melody. I oooh and aaah for a bit and get back to my packing.
We stop for the evening have a bite of dinner and I get on line...Oh wait! what did I do with my giftie? I tore into my room wondering how I'm going to figure out which box I sealed my new pretties into. Whew not sealed yet and right on top. Thank you so very much Melody, they are wonderful.
I can't guarantee that I'll be able to post photos after this. But I will as soon as we get settled again.

Thumbnail by siliolegma

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 23, 2011
12:44 AM

Post #8710115

tell ya what Thunder... I'll check my charms and see if I have any of the butterfly left. IF NOT, I KNOW I have a 2.5 inch x 45 I'll include in your packet.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 23, 2011
4:23 AM

Post #8710226

Thunder - I have some butterfly fabrics similar to that. You want it?

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

July 23, 2011
5:28 AM

Post #8710288

I got TWO prezzies yesterday, one from Melody and one from Bev. What wonderful fabrics! Bev I just love the charm with the little crabs on it, very app for the area I live, and the I Spy quilt will have its share of veggies and fruits thanks to Melody, and her dyed fabrics are great. Thank you both so much! I hope to get mine out this week, need to get some envelopes.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 23, 2011
8:17 AM

Post #8710546

I mailed my last 3 this AM. Heard the maillady go down the road a bit ago. Hopefully when she comes back up she will have good things to put in my box.

Open house is today so I need to do some last minute straightening.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 23, 2011
8:22 AM

Post #8710555

Jean, YES please :) and thanks Doc...

I am trying to decide on blocks to make for the Christmas / winter swap...

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 23, 2011
8:51 AM

Post #8710617

Thunder, I put lots if little pieces in your envelope, you'll have to dig for your swap charms. LOL

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 23, 2011
9:07 PM

Post #8711688

that will be fun Karen, Thanks :)

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

July 24, 2011
2:47 PM

Post #8712845

My sets of charms are going out in the mail tomorrow. All but Siliolegma's are going out regular post. I'm posting Silio's Priority to get to her within a couple of days (hopefully) for before she moves. I have included extras on many in case ones in the pack are not to your liking, so that you have at least the 9, hopefully more.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 24, 2011
9:52 PM

Post #8713441

See new thread... we went over 200 posts : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1199927/

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America