New 5" Charm Block swap

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Charm Block swap, you will send 9 out 5"x5" blocks out and get nine back. The deadline is Sept 1 and please use 100% cotton. Each block should be different unless the member states that duplicates are alright (Please let us know).

1. Psychw2 (Pat) Novelty prints, duplicates OK, if you don't have some novelty prints just send primary colors, ok?
2. Housse301 (Laura) BRIGHT pink,purple,orange,green really anything BRIGHT. But no batiks.
3. Siliolegma (Karen) Blues, Blue & White,White TOT, Yellows, duplicates Ok
4. Abbisgranma (Marion) Scaps, TOT ok too. (duplicates OK)
5.Catbird23 ( Robin) I spy/ novelty fabric
6. FLStu (Stuart) Civil War, Victorian or Edwardian (pre-1930's) looking prints and/ or blenders. Duplicates are OK.
7. SewSassee (Bev) BRIGHT & Funky!
8. Quilter5bdsr - (Barb) Scappy duplicates ok
9. Melody - Brights... especially likes fruits and vegetables and anything Unusual. duplicates ok
10. BarefootT- BRIGHT! pinks, purple, greens, prints, TOT NO pastels! duplicates OK> (this woman likes' BRIGHTS so bright they make your eyes bleed!!)
11. Elen - Beige, tans and brown, prefer TOT and light print, not flowers etc.
12. Qwilter (Jean) : BLUES, batiks OK
Elen's blocks will be mailed to ME, and the blocks she cuts will come to me. I will disperse those to the appropriate people EVERYONE else will mail DIRECTLY to the appropriate person. Clear? Let me know if there are quesitons.

This message was edited Jul 8, 2011 3:36 PM

This message was edited Jul 8, 2011 9:08 PM

This message was edited Jul 8, 2011 11:51 PM

Lexington Park, MD

Oh WOW thank you so much for taking this on Pat.
Count me in please. My colors are BRIGHT pink,purple,orange,green really anything BRIGHT. But no batiks.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Me Please...Blues, Blue & White,White TOT, Yellows for center contrast. Any combination of the three colors will work for me, duplicates are fine too.

This message was edited Jul 4, 2011 10:49 AM

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

I'm here also. I still would like just scraps from your left over fabrics. Tone on tone prints would be okay also.

Thanks Pat!!

Duplicates are fine with me.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

I want to go with novelty prints suitable for a childs' I Spy quilt. Can basically be anything. Duplicates are ok too.

This message was edited Jul 4, 2011 9:04 PM

Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

I am here..... finally....couldn't get the link or the actual thread on the list to open for me earlier today.... my interface with DG does that at times.

Civil War, Victorian or Edwardian (pre-1930's) looking prints and/ or blenders. Duplicates are OK.

Wheeeeew... glad you decided to come on board Stu, I have YOUR blocks cut!! LOL

Oh my, we sold our house, The lady had really seemed to want it but then she said she would call me over 2 weeks ago, and didn't hear a word so just figured she had changed her mind. Today we have our grand daughter & 3 greats visiting and were packing to go up north for a few days. She called out of the blue and asked could she come over for a few minutes. She said she wanted the house and agreed to our asking price. I'm still in shock. I have to get packed & moved in a month. Thank goodness my grandson set their wedding date back to March.

Good for you Karen. I know you are feeling much relief. LOL, I so underderstand about packing and being out within a month. That is what happened to me when I sold my home in Gainesville 15 months after my husband's death. Thank goodness for friends.

Grandsons...lots of big, tall, strong grandsons.

Lexington Park, MD

Karen I am happy for you. Where will you move too??

Well....we still have our property in northern MI, which is also for sale. Problem is, right now the little house is rented by the month and the lake house is rented by the week. So.... we will need a place for about three weeks. All our stuff can be packed into pods and taken up north. I'm pretty sure one of my kids will give us a corner to sleep in for a short while. Ultimately we hope to move to TN to take advantage of the more mellow winters, these old bones just don't like the cold anymore. However, I don't seem to be able to regulate my body temperature very well so I don't want the extreme heat of FL either. I also have grands and greats in TN so would still have family around me and we will only be 9 hours away from the rest.

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Great news Karen!!!!! Enjoy the packing. I'm enjoying the lull. The POD is in storage and there is really nothing more I can pack till we sell. I do have a pile of boxes for when the time comes.

I'm still reeling and didn't get any sleep last night. We had more vacation plans for the next couple of weeks with the greats and I so hate to disappoint them.
I still want to be in this swap and will set up a new address soon.

This message was edited Jul 5, 2011 6:32 AM

Stu - I may have a pile of Civil War fabrics for you. A friend who gifts me her left overs just finished a King sampler and said "she never wants to see a Civil War print again".
They aren't my "thing" either so will gladly send them your direction.

WOW STu!! Sounds like you are being gifted some GREAT stuff!!!

Karen, would you prefer to have all your charms held until you are settled, or, sent to someone else until you are ready? Either of those things are an option. I would recommend IMMEDIATELY editing your address here in DG to an "in care of" address on ANY swap you are part of. I have a block I was going to mail out tomorrow for instance.

I'm so glad to hear your house sold and at your asking price!! WHAT a relief.

Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

Wow, Qwilter, A BIG thanks. Just purchsed 22 12.5-inch blocks from Ebay made by a friendship circle and all are the same star and made out of vintage-type fabrics. Think I'm going to use the charms etc. for Antique Tile blocks and alternate3 them with the star blocks. The fabrics will sure come in handy.

Silio... congrats on the house. I had sold my prior house and had to be out in two weeks. It was the beginning of December at the time and I had to work nights and weekend to pack, so I can commisurate with your time frame. But, bless those PODS. They sit there and wait till you're done, a great way even to move, let alone store for a while.

Well last move I was sewing in TN for DGD's wedding and had only a couple weeks after I got back home.

My present address is good until the end of July unless I let you know otherwise. I really don't see us getting moved before then.

OK, so send my block from "Different kind of block swap" AND the 2 other blocks & completing fabric for placements to you at this address now??

Yup as long as it's before the end of the month. I'll give a new address when it's needed.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Congrats on the sale Karen!!!!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

How wonderful for you that it happened so quickly. I've heard that the housing market was improving and it seems to be for you. Congratulations Karen...

Robin, I have been trying to send you a private Dmail but "it's not working" LOL... Since you and I are both interested in doing the Novelty prints, would you like to exchange more than 9 novelty blocks between us? I cut your novelty blocks last night and know I have at least another 10 more of different novelty fabrics that I could cut. I'll hold off mailing your "Monkey Wrench" block from the "Different kind" block swap and your charms for one day hoping to hear from you.
Pat

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

Just found out you started a new 5" swap, this is Sweetee288, couldn't get my old id back. If I can join in on your swap I would love to as I am trying to make a new 9 block. Let me know please if I may join. Thanks.

I'd be honored tp be in a swap with you. And may I join in too? Since the thread was erased, I don't remember what I said for colors but I think I said anything for a scrappy quilt. That's what I would like.
Sewsassee do you have a color preference?

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

I like anything bright or funky. Thank you all for making me feel welcome.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I'll play!

Would anyone like hand-dyed fabric? (I'm better at doing that than quilting)

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi Melody, wow, hand dyed? Sure, that sure does sound fun and funky to me. Count me in on that. =)

Melody is the "woman of many talents"!!!!!
And yes, she can quilt..........................

I guess she can!!! check this out if you haven't already!!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1168327/
So happy to see you join in on one of these swaps Melody. I do realize how busy you are with DG....

What a wonderful way to start my day!!! I see we have Sweetie back but with a new name.....Welcome Back!!!!! Then to see Melody has joined....wow. I have lurked on threads where Melody has posted what she is has been working/finished. I welcome any fabric, otherwise my family wouldn't be calling me a "fabriholic".

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

VERY HAPPY ^_^ ^_^ to see you back with us Sassee

count me in too please

pinks, purples, greens, prints, tot, whatever, except NO pastels please (girly girly) gonna do something for my GD.

nice of you to come play with us Melody, I think hand dyed would be awesome ^_^

duplicates ok

OK, WELCOME WELCOME Sweetee under ANY NAME just as welcome!!! We are so happy to have you back with us. If I had known for sure that you would DG and us all another chance I would never had started a thread!

I'll update everything up top when I get off work today. WELCOME Melody, I would LOVE some hand dyed fabric!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the welcome ya'll!

I've helped SewSassee get her new account fixed up and everyone gets a fresh start.

I like about anything bright. I also collect fruit and vegetable prints (imagine that!) and anything unusual.

Those wanting the hand-dyed fabric, specify bright or pastel.
If you haven't read any of my textile articles here on DG, just click my name and the whole list of my articles will be on my member page. I've snow-dyed, done discharge prints and there's even an article about the Paducah Quilt Show.

This will be fun!

I would love bright, please.

Oh Oh Hand dyed??? yummy. If you have any blues and yellows, me please. So glad you are back Sew-Sassee/Sweetee. Get your thinking cap on to hostess another swap down the road, this one is a great idea.

Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

Welcome back Sew-Sasse. Made me smile to see you back on. Hello Melody. Happay to 'play' with you. I am asking for a vintage feel, so hand-dyed is fine. Guess more muted colors would be appropriate, but you would know better what brightness would have prevailed back then as you Hand-dye, which was how many of the fabrics in the 19th century were made.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I've created a little spreadsheet with everyone's requests so I can keep up with what goes where. I have some nice vintage fabrics too...I'll see what I have that would be appropriate for the turn of the last century. (I have a closet devoted to nothing but fabric..."she who dies with the most fabric wins")

BRIGHT for me!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images