Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Voting Booth: Dessert Time! What is your favorite fruit to use?

Communities > Forums > Voting Booth
bookmark
Forum: Voting BoothReplies: 67, Views: 535
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
admin

(Zone 7a)

July 4, 2011
9:50 AM

Post #8671627

There are a total of 140 votes:

Apples. (apple pie, or something else?)
(20 votes, 14%)
Red dot

Peaches.(cobbler?)
(30 votes, 21%)
Red dot

Strawberries. (shortcake?)
(28 votes, 20%)
Red dot

Blackberries or raspberries? (recipe?)
(21 votes, 15%)
Red dot

My favorite dessert is made with tropical fruit. (tell us!)
(6 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Other?. (tell us!)
(35 votes, 25%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

beclu727

beclu727
Dacula, GA
(Zone 7b)

July 4, 2011
10:01 AM

Post #8671643

I guess everyone else is celebrating. What better way to celebrate than with strawberry shortcake with lots of whipped cream...
frogymon
Lisle, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2011
10:10 AM

Post #8671657

Since I grow my own apples, it's my obvious choice.

Sheila_FW

Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 4, 2011
10:57 AM

Post #8671714

Banannas just made a pudding for later...ribs & corn on the cob first!
FlowrLady
-South Central-, IL
(Zone 6a)

July 4, 2011
11:19 AM

Post #8671754

Strawberries in season, then peaches in season. Cobbler... Love rhubarb, too! Hard to pin down my 'favorite' because it depends on what month it is!!

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2011
3:02 PM

Post #8672123

Mangosteen is the best fruit there is... too bad we cant' grow in the US (save in some coastal areas of Hawaii).
Indy
Alexandria, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 4, 2011
5:56 PM

Post #8672527

Watermelon and apple pie.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

July 4, 2011
6:01 PM

Post #8672532

Yes!

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Click the image for an enlarged view.

growin

growin
Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

July 4, 2011
7:29 PM

Post #8672682

(Chilean Guava) Ugni molinae http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/97641/
Oh Yum! Whenever I can get my hands on the little fruit, they are the absolute best for eating as is or with ice cream or whatever. Makes my mouth water.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

July 4, 2011
9:21 PM

Post #8672850

All of the above!

Esp LOVE Effortless trifle
Ingredients
2 containers strawberries, washed, hulled and quartered
2 containers blackberries, washed
2 containers blueberries, washed
2 containers raspberries, washed
1/2 cup turbinado sugar (aka "Sugar In The Raw")
1/4 cup orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
1 8-inch store-bought vanilla sponge cake (or angel's food cake)
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar
Yields: 6-8 servings
In a large bowl, combine the berries, turbinado sugar and orange liqueur. Toss gently to coat and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
When you're ready to assemble the trifle (don't assemble it more than 8 hours before you want to eat it), slice the domed top of the cake off and discard (or save it to snack on).
Slice the remaining cake into two equal layers (they should each be about a half-inch thick). If your cake is a little bit too large to fit inside of your trifle dish, cut a small wedge out of each layer and then fold the cut sides together to make it fit.

In a stand mixer with a whip attachment or a large bowl with a hand mixer, combine the heavy cream and sugar, and beat until the cream is smooth and holds a medium peak.
Spread about 1 cup (eyeball it) of whipped cream into the bottom of the trifle dish. Lay one layer of cake on top, cover with half of the berries along with some of the juice from the bottom of the berry bowl . Cover this layer with about 1 1/2 cups of the whipped cream (eyeball it) and make another layer with the remaining cake, berries and berry juice. Garnish the top with the remaining whipped cream . Refrigerate until ready to serve.

This message was edited Jul 5, 2011 12:52 AM

This message was edited Jul 5, 2011 1:36 AM
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 4, 2011
9:33 PM

Post #8672858

A favorite dessert here is blueberries in an upside down blueberry lemon cake. Yum!

I love all the fruits but the best eating for me would be watermelon to eat on its' own with no whipped topping or ice cream or crust needed.

Meanwhile, I'll have what CountryGardens is having with coffee please. LOL
frogymon
Lisle, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2011
10:05 PM

Post #8672877

Fast and easy creme fraiche:

16 oz heavy whipping cream
1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

combine ingredients and use an immersion blender on highest speed for 1-2 minutes, until creme fraiche holds a stiff peak.

Way better than anything you can buy at the grocery store and much easier than using a mixer.

bon appetit
veroniqueL

July 4, 2011
10:45 PM

Post #8672908

A tropical take on Tiramisu - Mangomisu:

500g cream cheese
600ml thickened cream
1/3 cup (50g) icing sugar
2 egg yolks
1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
1/2 cup (125ml) Grand Marnier
Juice of 2 oranges
300g sponge finger biscuits
3 mangoes, flesh sliced 1cm thick and 2 passionfruit

Raspberry sauce
1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
250g fresh or frozen raspberries
Juice of 1 lemon

1. Place the mascarpone, thickened cream, icing sugar, egg yolks, a splash of the Grand Marnier, a couple of raspberries and vanilla seeds in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high speed until thick and well combined.
2. Combine the Grand Marnier and orange juice in a separate bowl. Dip half the sponge fingers into the juice mixture and layer in the base of a serving dish. Spread with one-third of the mascarpone mixture, and top with one-third of the mango slices. Repeat the process, then top with the remaining mascarpone mixture, mango slices and passionfruit pulp. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 2 hours or until firm.
3. Meanwhile for the raspberry sauce, place the sugar and 2 tbs water in a small pan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Cool slightly, then add the berries and lemon juice. Whiz in a food processor until smooth, then pass through a sieve. Chill until ready to serve.
seaotter301
Elmhurst, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2011
11:41 PM

Post #8672950

podster...any chance you'd be willing to share your recipe for the Blueberry, lemon, etc.?
annabelle15
Niles, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 5, 2011
3:57 AM

Post #8673065

How about chocolate covered tropical fruit, finger food. i make it for our family gatherings , seems like every holiday.
I use pineapple, bananas, kiwi, papaya, orange segments, star fruit, what ever tropical fruit I can get my hands on, and serve with dipping chocolate.
Easy and simply, and I never take any home...
BUFFY690
Prosperity, SC
(Zone 7b)

July 5, 2011
4:20 AM

Post #8673090

Whatever is fresh picked...I love this time of the year when I can go to the growers at the farmers market...we have had some awesome blueberries and peaches, organic. If you get a good relationship with yor growers, they will answer any questions you ask and even be happy to let you sample product before you buy. If something is wrong with a crop they are also happy for you to critique product...they know if someone gets a bad batch of edibles they probably will find someone else to provide them will their needs, which means $ out of their pocket.
Know your grower, eat organic and local its the new Gold Standard.

happytail

happytail
St. Simon's Island, GA
(Zone 9a)

July 5, 2011
5:55 AM

Post #8673237

Rhubarb! It makes a great, somewhat tart pie! LOVE IT!
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

July 5, 2011
6:35 AM

Post #8673311

It has to be strawberries. I've been told I make an excellent shortcake biscuit (recipe from the old Better Homes & Gardens cookbook...i've had mine for over 40 yrs), lightly buttered while still warm, smothered with strawberries and, of course, homemade whipped cream. When I was a kid my great-grandmother used to make these kind of enormous desserts and we'd have them for Sunday night supper. Believe me, you didn't need anything else lol.

DreamOfSpring

DreamOfSpring
Charleston, SC
(Zone 9a)

July 5, 2011
9:05 AM

Post #8673583

Watermelon!

My recipe is very simple. Cut off a slice (crossways). Lay on plate. Cut around inside of rind and remove. Cut across remaining melon in both directions to produce a plate full of small pieces, each about 1/2in thick. Salt lightly, and enjoy. (While most melons these days are seedless, if you happen to get one with seeds, cutting into thin pieces this way makes it very easy to brush seeds aside.)
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 5, 2011
9:33 AM

Post #8673643

I have to stay away from fat and sugar, so I haven't made a dessert in ages. I eat the fruit as-is. I guess my favorite is cherries.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 5, 2011
12:42 PM

Post #8674069

Apple pie, fresh watermelon, fresh raspberry fudge sauce over ice cream...love it all!

luciee
Hanceville, AL
(Zone 7a)

July 5, 2011
2:59 PM

Post #8674340

I'm like Kelli, avoid sugar and fat. But I like pound cake, either plain or topped with something. Luciee (:^)

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

July 5, 2011
5:11 PM

Post #8674587

Banana pudding with real Nilla Wafers layered in and topped with whipped cream!
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 5, 2011
6:00 PM

Post #8674701

[quote="seaotter301"]podster...any chance you'd be willing to share your recipe for the Blueberry, lemon, etc.?
[/quote]

I should be ashamed to admit this but... it is summer and I am lazy and... it is not much of a recipe.

I melt 1/2 cup butter in a 13 x 9 cake pan or prefer a large cast iron skillet. Then sprinkle with a cup of brown sugar. Put about 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen) in the butter/sugar mix. Fix your favorite lemon cake mix and pour gently over the fruit. Bake 350 for 45-60 minutes or as directed on cake mix. Let stand for 5 minutes for the topping to set. Turn upside down on a platter or a cookie sheet.

How lazy is that!

edited to correct a stutter.

This message was edited Jul 5, 2011 8:03 PM
ericabelle
West Plains, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 5, 2011
8:37 PM

Post #8675020

Strawberry rhubarb pie!!!!
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

July 5, 2011
9:14 PM

Post #8675080

This is not really a dessert, just a healthy snack: I like to put any fresh fruit, esp. blueberries, into vanilla yogurt.

DreamOfSpring

DreamOfSpring
Charleston, SC
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
5:00 AM

Post #8675447

KyWoods,

I love that one, too. I often use plain yogurt instead of vanilla. I stir vanilla or lemon juice into the plain yogurt along with either sugar or artificial sweetener (splenda) and then add the fruit. One of my favorite fruit blends for this treatment is chopped apple (unpeeled), chopped orange, and banana to which I sometimes add one or more of grapes, nuts, and even finely chopped carrots. The latter adds a nut-like crunch and is very healthy and low cal.

But pretty much any fruit will do.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

July 6, 2011
7:26 AM

Post #8675759

I voted for other, because I will use any fruit I can get my hands on and make something with it for dessert. Even just eat the fruit for dessert. I LOVE FRESH FRUIT!!
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 6, 2011
7:48 AM

Post #8675782

"fresh raspberry fudge sauce over ice cream"????

Do you just add the raspberries to chocolate sauce found in the grocery store or is there a recipe using cocoa perhaps? Sounds delicious.

This message was edited Jul 6, 2011 8:49 AM

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2011
8:52 AM

Post #8675923

It is a bit more detailed than that Ellen. I extract the raspberry juice from fresh raspberries. I then make the chocolate fudge sauce with bittersweet chocolate (and a few other things) in a double boiler. The raspberry juice gets a bit of cooking sherry and is heated to a simmer (gets rid of the alcohol, but not the flavor) The two are then gradually mixed and cooked for another 10 minutes, still keeping everything just under boiling. The sauce thickens and gets glossy, just like fudge. You can then put it in jelly jars and process.

Sounds like a good Roundup door prize doesn't it?

BabsERNurse

BabsERNurse
Whidbey Island, WA
(Zone 7b)

July 6, 2011
9:10 AM

Post #8675958

Pear pie is my favourite. I generally use D'Anjou pears as they bake the best. Since being introduced to pear pie back in the early 70's, I must say I prefer it to apple pie. You make the pie the same way as an apple pie, just substitute with pears. I prefer mine with a crumble topping.
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 6, 2011
9:33 AM

Post #8676004

Thanks for the info. Melody. I am still drooling over the recipe. I don't think I would be able to find fresh raspberries too easily. We used to raise them but the darn birds would beat us to them. We put netting over them and once again the birds were a problem because hey would get caught in the netting. We finally gave up!!! I don't guess there is such a thing as bought raspberry juice...

I think that would be a marvelous prize for roundup. I hate to think how many of us chocolate lovers would be drooling over getting a prize like that.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2011
9:41 AM

Post #8676031

Our friend David has a U-pick farm with raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. Lisa and I went last week and got a bunch of raspberries. I made jelly and had just a little juice left over from the recipe, so made the fudge sauce.

Frozen raspberries make great juice...you can get those at any supermarket.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

July 6, 2011
9:48 AM

Post #8676052

Mmm, that does sound yummy, Melody!
Pear pie does, too, Babs, I've never seen that one in the stores!
NikB
Belle Center, OH
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2011
10:09 AM

Post #8676106

I am a bit of an amature chef. My favourite dessert is of my own invention. I named it after the Skipper on my ship when I was in the Navy. Melons Shanahan.

A ring-slice of cantelope
a scoop of butter brickle, butter pecan, butterscotch ice cream in the center
sprinkle sparsely with a mixture of raw sugar and instant coffee. (50/50)

I use maybe 1/4 teaspoon of the mixture.

I have never made this and not gotten serious applause and demands for seconds.
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 6, 2011
10:37 AM

Post #8676179

You lucky dogs.. Wish I knew someone who raised any of those fruits. We have grown them all over the years and gave them all up for the same reason. Ditto for fruit trees. The BIRDS!!! Boo hoo...

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2011
10:53 AM

Post #8676211

The birds got David's blueberries and he didn't have any to sell this year, but so far they've left the blackberries and raspberries pretty much alone.

My apples are ripe, my sister, Molly came and got 9 big WM bags full this morning. I'll probably make applesauce this weekend. I call the apples "organic by default"...I don't spray, so they aren't very pretty, they make fantastic sauce though. I freeze it in 2 cup bags and use it for baking.
Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2011
3:09 PM

Post #8676686

Oh, so many luscious summer fruits, so little time ...

But for me, it's the blueberries (especially those ones I get at the local farmer's market that come in from Sebastapol) ... and one of my favorite desserts is Blueberry Parfait ...

Roughly the recipe goes like this (four decadent servings):

In a saucepan over medium heat, cook 2-1/4 cups fresh blueberries with 1/2 cup maple syrup, about 6-8 minutes, until the berries pop and give off their juices. Set aside to cool, then chill in the fridge.

In a food processor grind up 6-7 oz. of ginger snaps.

Whip 1 cup heavy whipping cream with 1/4 cup maple syrup until peaks form.

When ready to serve, mix into the chilled berries 1-1/4 cups fresh blueberries and lemon juice to taste.

To assemble, in parfait glasses (or any big 8 oz glass) layer: first blueberry mixture, then ginger snap crumbs, then whipped cream, then blueberry mixture, ginger snap crumbs, whipped cream, ending with blueberry mixture. Serve at once.

Enjoy!

Thumbnail by Jubilada

Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 6, 2011
3:19 PM

Post #8676705

Once the birds find him, he might not be so lucky as to have much fruit after that. At least that is what happened to us. Those blueberry fruits are not good picked early. They just don't have the good rich flavor unless they are ripened on the vines. That was another frustrating thing. I picked them early sometimes but it just wasn't the same as if they were left to ripen on their own. Fingers crossed for your friend and for you also.

Do you still dry your apples? I remember your giving me some of those and they were so good in old fashioned fried pies.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2011
3:23 PM

Post #8676708

I haven't dried any in awhile, but I've got such a good crop this year, I might just do up some for the both of us.
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

July 6, 2011
3:56 PM

Post #8676765

Blackberries and raspberries won out for me. I love the crunch of the seeds. But I also agree with most comments - anything in season is delicious. A favorite treat for little kids is a blazzberry - insert one ripe blueberry into a raspberry and voila. They both ripen about the same time for me, and are just the right size for little fingers.
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 6, 2011
6:32 PM

Post #8677041

Sounds good! Good luck with the drying. I used to dry mine on cookie sheets put up in the attic. outside in the sun under screening or in the hot car. (My grandmother used to dry hers covered with screening on a tin roofed shed. I assume that yours were dried in a dehydrator since they didn't get dark like mine always used to do. If you use a dehydrator, do you dry other things also?
wannadanc
Olympia, WA

July 6, 2011
6:53 PM

Post #8677067

Fresh ripe pineapple in chunks (FRESH - not canned)
Fresh ripe papaya in chunks
Fresh sliced strawberries

Mix and store in refrigerator over night.
Best stored and mixed in gallon sized ziploc.

You will be amazed at the beautiful color and taste.
Please note there is no added sugar or anything else!!!!!!!

It will ferment - so it needs to be kept COLD, not in an ice chest!!! I remember my amazement when I saw the bubbles rising from it when it wasn't kept cold enough.

KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

July 6, 2011
8:05 PM

Post #8677230

Oh, how I miss fresh ripe papayas right off the tree in Hawaii...
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2011
12:35 AM

Post #8677512

ohhhh! The ripe papayas and my favorite (that I guess I will only get in Hawaii): crunchy, green mangos! They are sooo good when they are small,hard and crunchy!
As luck would have it; I only lived there for 3 years.
DH loves everything cherry that I can think to make and I love blueberries☺
annabelle15
Niles, MI
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2011
4:44 AM

Post #8677658

I know what you mean, here in Michigan the good ones are hard to find. I love it when we go to Mexico, I can pick them right off of the tree.
wolfnsilver
Waycross, GA

July 7, 2011
7:35 AM

Post #8677930

I voted for strawberries but right now I guess it would have to be blueberries. We have two huge blueberry bushes in the corner of the garden and they are loaded and I have a blueberry cobbler in the frig or I did last night. I haven't checked it this morning. They go fast around here, warmed and with ice cream. Yum!

HoneybeeNC

HoneybeeNC
Charlotte, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2011
9:29 AM

Post #8678153

I like fresh fruit of anykind except citrus (I'm allergic) sprinkled with Stevia.
Cumulus79
Londerzeel
Belgium

July 7, 2011
11:34 AM

Post #8678375

Buah Manggis is the best thing I ever tasted on this planet. I brought seeds from it during my trip in Bali but unfortunately they didn't grew (the tree would be to big for the greenhouse anyway) Kumquats and physalis are the best things I could grow here so far...

pixie62560

pixie62560
South China, ME
(Zone 5a)

July 8, 2011
6:42 AM

Post #8679959

Strawberry shortcake and/or Blueberry Dumplings served warm with fresh whipped cream!!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560

nutsaboutnature
Algonquin, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 8, 2011
8:16 AM

Post #8680114

Love them all!! The berries, though, are Summertime Gems!
graceful_garden
Hahira, GA
(Zone 8b)

July 8, 2011
2:57 PM

Post #8680764

My new favorite dessert is a terrine made with fresh berries & a little rose' wine! Cool & FABULOUS!!
hopflower
Santa Rosa, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2011
3:36 PM

Post #8682568

It is hard to choose! I tend to love most fruit desserts. Love berries in almost any form, and apples are a real contender, too. Peaches are great when truly ripe, and no one I know can resist a cool, fresh fruit plate at any time. Cherries are probably my first choice, though.

This message was edited Jul 9, 2011 2:37 PM

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2011
6:05 AM

Post #8683427

I made a fresh peach cobbler last night...yummmm!
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 10, 2011
8:08 AM

Post #8683647

Why didn't you invite us up to eat it with you guys? :>( Just kidding! Sounds wonderful!
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

July 10, 2011
2:11 PM

Post #8684452

Thought I smelled something yummy out there...
FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

July 10, 2011
5:57 PM

Post #8684760

Just made a fresh peach cobbler a couple of days ago and took it up to our Aunt and Uncle at Myrtle Beach. Love these GA and SC peaches...none better!!
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 10, 2011
6:21 PM

Post #8684807

Every time I frequent this thread I get hungry! Wonder why???????
VajraMother
Maryville, TN
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2011
6:28 PM

Post #8684814

A real Amish baked apple dumpling is the most indulgent and at the same time simple pastry! Yum!
treelover3
Minneapolis, MN
(Zone 5a)

July 10, 2011
7:14 PM

Post #8684938

Though technically a vegetable, rhubarb is treated as a fruit.

Rhubarb crisp or rhubarb cobbler is a favorite of mine, but my absolute favorite rhubarb dessert is a recipe I found on Dave's garden a couple years ago. Here is a link:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/48209/?hl=edith\%27s+rhubarb+dessert

It's Edith's Rhubarb Dessert. The recipe is about halfway down the list.

This is the poster's info:

jh_gardens
Southeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

May 4, 2009
03:49 PM

Post #6501679

You can just search for the post number to get to the recipe.

I sometimes make the crust from this dessert to eat by itself with coffee.
The crust is a shortbread crust and is just delicious.
I would think the crust would be delicious topped and baked with any fruit.

cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

July 10, 2011
10:17 PM

Post #8685165

I love every fruit i've ever eaten except grapefruit.and fixed everyway i can think of.Right now i'm watching figs ripen.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

July 11, 2011
1:29 PM

Post #8686340

Oh, how I miss figs from when I lived in New Orleans and in northern California!
ericabelle
West Plains, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 13, 2011
6:05 AM

Post #8689675

cando1-
what kind of fig tree do you have? I miss figs from when I lived in Mississippi, and I have been looking into getting a 'Chicago Hardy' or 'Brown Turkey' fig. Do you have a hardy one, or are you growing yours in a pot?
melnfla777
Kathleen, FL

July 18, 2011
11:01 AM

Post #8699717

strawberries
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 18, 2011
2:37 PM

Post #8700085

Reading thru all these posts, I think it is whatever fruit I am eating at the time. lol I love fruit!
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

July 18, 2011
5:45 PM

Post #8700546

I love the lichi fruit they have at our local Chinese buffet sometimes. I wish they had it more often.
wannadanc
Olympia, WA

July 18, 2011
6:25 PM

Post #8700629

Ky - I agree - those are yummy!!!!!!
BUFFY690
Prosperity, SC
(Zone 7b)

August 2, 2011
9:18 AM

Post #8731944

We have put up our first bounty of figs for the year, and the tree has put on new fruit...I guess watering with the lake water has stimulated some new growth...LOL
We also used some of the largest ones split crossways from the top
filled with some premade cheese cake filling (any flavor)
wrapped in bacon or prossiouto ham
and seared off the bacon until just crispy on the edges.
A salty sweet delectable treat

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Voting Booth Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Type of lawn mower? dave 62 Nov 12, 2009 10:40 PM
Do you make compost? dave 52 Feb 22, 2010 8:05 PM
What's your one must-have gardening item? dave 195 Apr 6, 2012 2:46 PM
Botany Quiz: Monocarpic means dave 36 Sep 23, 2012 2:09 AM
How did you find out about DG? dave 150 Sep 30, 2014 3:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America