Calling all writers, especially those who wax poetic! If you have a way with words, here's your chance to put pen to paper and try your hand at writing an award-winning piece for us. Find all the details on our contest page.

Technical terms for these things?

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

If someone can give me the technical terms for these things, I'll try to get them in the Plant Terminology section.

1 - The structure that holds the actual leaves. Either 2 or 3 pairs of 2 with one on the end are typical.

2 - The stem that holds the structure described in number 1

3 - Canes. Are Canes defined as the stems that spring from the bottom of the plant? Or can the spring from more major stems, out to the side?


Austin, TX

Are you talking about stipules? Otherwise, I don't know what you're referring to. Petioles maybe?

Here's a good document showing rose anatomy.

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

Thanks for the link. I'll try to put "leaf" and "leaflet" into the terms location.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.