Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tpacumio
Lake Jackson, TX

July 5, 2011
6:54 AM

Post #8673341

Can anyone give me advice on starting Pink Pampas from seed please? It is already July so I may have missed the boat for this year. I am in SE Texas so our growing season is quite long. I would like to use it along the fence as a privacy hedge and I don't know quite how to go about it. How many seeds to a pot for a really big plant?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2011
6:46 PM

Post #8692840

sorry can't help on the seed side of it, but if you have a long area to cover I would recommend you contact a wholesale nursery to see if they would sell you enough (provided you need a large quanity) starter plants, that way it won't take as long for it to cover a provide the privacy you are looking for.

My privacy hedge took about 2 years to really fill in, then afterwards when I cut them down in spring they would be back up to 6.5 feet high every time.

Best to you on your hedge.

Jan

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Grass and Bamboo Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
bamboo stakes tiG 10 Nov 3, 2011 1:16 PM
Black bamboo question linden 51 Aug 6, 2008 3:15 PM
Hardy bamboos at zone 6 Esther_z6 21 May 6, 2008 12:31 AM
A few clumps of my grass :) hczone6 32 Sep 5, 2007 2:47 AM
Bamboo Seedling Speedyg 2 Feb 16, 2008 3:54 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America