Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Cameras and Photography: Photo import with Windows 7

Communities > Forums > Cameras and Photography
bookmark
Forum: Cameras and PhotographyReplies: 14, Views: 93
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

July 6, 2011
5:55 AM

Post #8675541

I have Windows 7...I HATE it...LOL My problem is how can I take pix directly from my camera that is connected to the computer and put them in a specific file in my general photos file? Without downloading the whole enchalada that is on the card??? I need to do some sorting and it doesn't have ANYTHING that tells me what/where to do this. And resizing??? Fuggetaboutit...jeez, why did they have to make it SO hard when XP was SO easy??? Oh, I forget, new and improved...Bwahahahaha...

I want my XP back...waaaaaa...it was SO easy to do it there.
hcmcdole
Powder Springs, GA
(Zone 7b)

July 6, 2011
9:02 AM

Post #8675940

Sounds like you should get a copy of XP and load it in. Windows 7 takes a short while to get used to but it runs circles around XP.

Yes, the resize is an issue but not huge. I either resize with a photo editor or click on a number of photos and right mouse click and choose Send to an email recipient. With this option you will get a pop-up and you can select from several different sizes. The app will resize them and attach to an email. You can then select all the resized photos and do a copy or cut and then navigate to a folder (I use a new folder under the original photos) and do a paste. A few more steps but it works well. You won't be able to open a new email until you close or send this one though.

If you want to copy one picture to where you want it then click on Open Folder when the pop up is shown and navigate to the folder with the pictures in it, click on the photo(s) you want and either right mouse click and choose cut or copy (or use the shortcut key CTL-C for copy or CTL-X for cut). Now navigate to where you want the photo(s) to go to and right mouse click and choose Paste or use the shortcut key CTL-V for Paste. Simple as that.

Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

July 6, 2011
9:17 AM

Post #8675972

I will have to deal with the 7...I will try this later; no time right this minute. But, I have tried the right click, and when the "copy" showed, nothing popped up as to where I should/could copy it TO!
hcmcdole
Powder Springs, GA
(Zone 7b)

July 6, 2011
10:11 AM

Post #8676110

No, copy is just to the copy buffer. This allows you to paste it to a location or an app that can receive it such as email.

Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

July 6, 2011
2:13 PM

Post #8676590

I don't understand "copy buffer"...eewww...it is horrible being so dumb. LOL
hcmcdole
Powder Springs, GA
(Zone 7b)

July 6, 2011
2:19 PM

Post #8676600

It is just a temporary area in memory until you do another copy or cut and is replaced with the newest "copy". The buffer can be a picture, words, a link, a file name, a file, parts of a spreadsheet, etc.

grits74571
Talihina, OK

July 6, 2011
7:09 PM

Post #8677102

Now I know nothing about windows 7 but couldn't you use Picasa3 as the download choice then you maybe would have a choice and I say maybe because I know nada about windows 7..
pirl
(Arlene) Southold, NY
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2011
5:19 AM

Post #8677705

I'm with Anna - in that other world that feels so dumb when it comes to computer terminology and making Picasa work right.

I do more exporting that major companies!

If I knew anything to help you, Anna, I'd tell you...but I don't. I just wanted you to know you are not alone.
niceguy2
Rochester, MN

July 7, 2011
5:31 AM

Post #8677728

Is this what you are trying to do? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ReGEE3YGKM
gasrocks
Portage, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 7, 2012
2:26 PM

Post #9033623

Soon you will know how to load pix into your computer using 7. EASY. Hint: do it manually and do not allow any software to take charge of yoru pictures. Yet this month??
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

March 7, 2012
2:35 PM

Post #9033640

ARghhhhhhhhhh...I'm trying, I'm trying...How long would it take me to get to you once I get around Madison and on 90? Need to budget the time frame here...
gasrocks
Portage, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 8, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #9034344

From Madison it is about 50 min. You'll laugh when I show you how easy it is to do.
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

March 8, 2012
7:55 AM

Post #9034505

Sorry, Gasrocks, I didn't read this thread before I read the d-mail...another thousand pardons...
grits74571
Talihina, OK

March 9, 2012
5:47 PM

Post #9036299

I said I knew nothing about windows 7 but that is not entirely true as I have a new laptop and that is what is on it so I cranked it up and stuck in a memory card and searched google and downloaded picasca 3 and next I will try that newer version so Y"all keep on posting about and I will keep reading hoping to learn enough to not screw it up so bad I will have to take it to the nerds
grits74571
Talihina, OK

March 9, 2012
5:49 PM

Post #9036302

ps this is on my old XP desktop which I plan to stay with for a really long time ...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cameras and Photography Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
photography(?) tink76627 7 Jul 25, 2011 5:03 AM
* FYI > Defect in some digital cameras * Magpye 24 Nov 7, 2007 12:48 PM
Anyone Use a Canon S2? melvatoo 25 Jul 31, 2007 4:14 PM
Digital Camera for sale MiniSchnuz 31 Apr 5, 2007 9:53 PM
swimming hole Iluvposies 10 Oct 4, 2007 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America