First Time Candle Making

Cambrian Park, CA

Any Tips or Advice? I don't want to mess any thing up and I am already tight on a budget. What should I do or not to to ensure success.

Thanks!

South Dennis, NJ(Zone 7b)

gig, I know what you ,mean. Nothing will eat through your budget faster than experiment after experiment, test after test, different wax types, different size wicks, etc, etc,

What kinds of candles are you making? I don't know anything about making paraffin candles. If you are using soy, I would be more than happy to share the results of my year-and-a-half long tedious, costly, time consuming, and sometines frustrating candlemaking.

Newark, NJ

i am in the process of candle making myself. any tips would be greatly appreciated

New Berlin, PA

I am the owner of papascandleshoppe.com and I started in this business just like you with a lot of questions and not to many answers. If you are on a tight budget then I would advise that you go on line where you can buy some soy wax there are places you can get 5 to 10 lbs I would use G444 it is a nice one for containers. If you are using a jelly jar container then I would use a #51 wick also buy some nice fragrance that you can add to the wax about 1.5 - 2 oz per lb. heat the wax in a double boiler up to 190 degrees add your fragrance stir for about 2 min then let it cool to about 105 degrees and pour into jelly jars that have your wick in them you can use a small drop from a hot glue gun to hold into place. center your wicks and let cool. you must let the candle season for about 5 days to let the fragrance saturate the wax. then burn and enjoy.
Papa - Check us out.

Thumbnail by sjbubb54
Canton, IL(Zone 5a)

just wondering how papascandleshoppe is going... i also have interest in this but no skill

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images