Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gigjain
Cambrian Park, CA

July 10, 2011
11:06 AM

Post #8684097

Tried my first candle.. didn't go so bad! I have a friend who is SO much into candles. I thought the best thing for her would be a candle. Any wrapping advice?
winterrobin
South Dennis, NJ
(Zone 7b)

July 27, 2011
9:30 AM

Post #8718483

Hi gig

I use glass containers, and decorate them with raffia and a simple bow. This would work nicely on pillar candles too. Craft stores sell many different colors of real or synthetic raffia. The latter is easier to use.

I attach a tag to the bow knot with the candle fragrance name written on one side, and the warning label on the other. I don't paste labels directly to the glass anymore. I've never seen a label that isn't distracting, or one that I truly like, even the ones I make myself on the computer.

Attaching a tag to the bow instead gives customers the option of just cutting it off.

Candles in pretty glass containers need no additional wrapping. Pillars could be wrapped in white tissue paper and closed with sealing wax. Simple is better.

Hope this helps.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Soap and Candle-making Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome! Terry 14 Aug 21, 2007 9:24 AM
I got wax and empty pop bottles for christmas veeja3 10 Jun 1, 2010 7:56 PM
Who are the soapmakers??? gingerlily 73 Nov 12, 2007 1:05 AM
New at making soap Patty08 62 Dec 19, 2007 2:35 PM
Hello, new candlemaker to this forum... waxedout 10 Jun 30, 2014 10:21 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America