-
AuthorContent
Amargia
(Melissa Kay) SE, AL
(Zone 8b)

July 10, 2011
1:08 PM

Post #8684333

Welcome to Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #11. We came from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1183144/
On this thread we discuss the day-to-day challenges of gardening and enjoying the outdoors when you have some sort of physically limiting condition. Routine contributors to this thread deal with a wide range of challenges from chronic fatigue and the energy deficits caused by Depression to chronic pain and severe mobility limitations. Personal gardening circumstances range from gardening from a wheelchair to gardening without vision to gardening when you’ve had an overabundance of birthdays. :-) We are a diverse group. Feel free to join in.
Debra, I've found that rooting stimulant will sometimes get a plant through heat stress. Not to be confused with rooting hormone. I mean the liquid that you dilute in water. I use Ferti-lome Root Stimulater and Starter Solution. It's usually about $8 a 32 oz. bottle, but you only use a tablespoon or so to a gallon of water. It might be worth a try to save the pricy 'Wedding Dress' hydrangea. .
I transplanted some mock orange and gardenias late. The heat caught them before they had a chance to get well established. The stimulant seems to have revived them. Fingers crossed.
Jim is Shrek-ing out. :-) Watching back-to-back Shrek movies. Nadi is...cleaning house...without being asked to?...I'd better go find out who this imposter is and find the real Nadine. k*

This thread has 218 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Accessible Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
abled fighters dpmichael 13 Sep 28, 2009 1:31 AM
Gardening with a bad knee Bug_Girl 13 Aug 28, 2009 4:26 PM
"Enabled" vs. "Disabled" Gardeners Shirley1md 40 Apr 8, 2007 6:29 PM
a gardening poem debi_z 43 Jun 17, 2013 4:59 AM
pneumatic seat for gardening debi_z 31 Jun 30, 2009 2:48 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America