Clump Shots 2011 Part 3

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

The big red one in front is Springfield Clan.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Cinnamon Sunrise

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Red Twister

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Lickety Split trio.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Tricou Fedora

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Two Sues

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Kipling is lower in the foliage than usual this year.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Blueberry Breakfast

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Ruffled Apricot

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Beautiful!

Forsyth Raspberry Rimmed_Rubies For Congo

Thumbnail by DitchLily206
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Beautiful!!! I love your first shot......I hope my beds look like that someday!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Nice combination DitchLily206.

Thanks Nanny, the only problem when the clumps get so big is deadheading and weeding becomes a challenge. Here's a shot of part of the front yard. It's a little calmer than the back.

This message was edited Jul 12, 2011 12:56 PM

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

I love the combination of Forsyth Raspberry Rimmed and Roses for Congo - especially with the dash of yellow contrast in the background. Great gardens!

Holladay, UT(Zone 5a)

Wow!! I thought I was going to have some nice pictures to post today, but when I got out in the garden, it looked nothing like these! I'm happy to have some blooms though!

Natalie

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Daylilies take time to grow Natalie. We all start out with little single or double fans and in a few years it's amazing what happens. Don't be in too big a hurry to divide what you have when it is only 3 or 4 fans. Often this results in one or 2 fans being damaged and the left overs are set back. Just plant them and let them mature. Soon you'll have lots of color in your garden.

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

The yellow one is Armani. Here is a picture of all three.

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

It happens faster than you think. Most of the daylilies in this bed were planted in the spring of 2009.

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Dreamcicle Supreme 6-15

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Orange Viols

Holladay, UT(Zone 5a)

lincolnitess, I have lots of plants and daylilies, but they aren't all blooming yet! I'm hoping my garden will look like these pictures before too long.

Natalie

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Lilting Belle

Thumbnail by gingerjar
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Orange Velvet

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Holladay, UT(Zone 5a)

DitchLily, I love Dreamcicle Supreme!! Thanks for posting! I think I need to add this to my list! I really love the colors!

Natalie

Quote from lincolnitess :
Daylilies take time to grow Natalie. We all start out with little single or double fans and in a few years it's amazing what happens. Don't be in too big a hurry to divide what you have when it is only 3 or 4 fans. Often this results in one or 2 fans being damaged and the left overs are set back. Just plant them and let them mature. Soon you'll have lots of color in your garden.

That is such basic but great advice! i know I have set a lot of mine back because I have divided to soon or keep moving them. I am now trying to make sure I plant them where they can stay for awhile undisturbed!

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Natalie: I got it last fall and this is the first year it has bloomed. I have really enjoyed it. I think you would love it.

Here is a better shot.

Dreamcicle Supreme

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Still blooming.

Apache War Dance 7-13

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Lillian's Crazy Arms 7-13

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Lilting Belle and Orange Velvet are both blooming for me too Don. Love them both.

Here's Outrageous

This message was edited Jul 26, 2011 4:46 AM

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Indian Feather the spider in the center here is going to get moved to the front garden this fall. It gets lost in this bed.

Holladay, UT(Zone 5a)

DitchLily, It's beautiful! Now to find some room!

Here's a shot of what bloomed this morning! It's nothing compared to the photos on here, but I'm happy to see all the pretty blooms! I also need to pull up the dried out tulips! I left them to remind me where they were but it's time for them to go!

Natalie

Thumbnail by nhuntley
Holladay, UT(Zone 5a)

lincolnitess, I really love Indian Feather! I've never been crazy about spiders before, but I really do like this one! Maybe I need to rethink not liking them!

Natalie

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Natalie, give them time, plenty of good care and you will be amazed how they look in a year or two. It looks like you are off to a good start.

One of the beds a month ago.

Holladay, UT(Zone 5a)

DitchLily, I expect the garden to be busting open in a few days! I've got lots of buds that are getting close to being open, but on others, the scapes are just now starting to grow. We've had a cold and wet Spring this year so it's getting off to a very slow start! I planted a lot of these in late October and they look really healthy, but a lot of the fans have brown on them because they never did die down all the way during winter. They'll look much better next year, but I've been thrilled with almost everything that has bloomed so far! If they get better the second year, I'm in for a shock because some of them are stunning! I'll post a few pics in a minute.

Natalie

That Bold Encounter is great looking!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

MISS JESSIE

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

RUFFLED BALLET

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

LIGHTHOUSE ROSE BOUQUET

Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

SEEDLING KATE CARPENTER X DARING DILEMMA

Thumbnail by hemlady
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Love Miss Jessie! Mine has been full of bloom and still going! Wilson Spider just opened for the first time today.....will get pictures later!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Oh I love the pink seedling Hemlady. Just love the color with that bright throat.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.