Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: California's Southern Oak Woodlands: That was a delightful hike. Thank you

Communities > Forums > Article: California's Southern Oak Woodlands
bookmark
Forum: Article: California's Southern Oak WoodlandsReplies: 5, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 12, 2011
2:21 PM

Post #8688605

I thoroughly enjoyed that hike. You really know your plants. I would have had to stop the camera to look up the plants in a book instead of knowing their proper names and pronunciations off hand. :>) This was a wonderful article with a great accompanying article. Keep up the good work.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 12, 2011
2:33 PM

Post #8688625

Thank you. I've been "studying" the plants for years and years, so the vast majority are very familar to me by now. I may not always be correct on the pronounciation of scientific names, though.
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 12, 2011
3:14 PM

Post #8688741

Very few of us would ever know if you were pronouncing them correctly or not so I would not give it another thought. LOL It was nice hearing your voice after so many years of knowing you online. It just makes me feel like I know you better than ever before.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 15, 2011
3:31 AM

Post #8693403

I loved the story and the trees are fantastic! I too think they deserve respect. The flowers are beautiful and I am always amazed that they are just out there growing :o) It was a nice hike, and I appreciate a person who knows the Latin name :o)

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 16, 2011
2:14 AM

Post #8695282

Great article, Kelli! And thanks for the video too...I felt like I was there with you, so cool!
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 16, 2011
11:26 AM

Post #8695988

Thank you, BP and Adina

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: California's Southern Oak Woodlands Threads you might be interested in:

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America