Photo by Melody

Article: California's Southern Oak Woodlands: That was a delightful hike. Thank you

Communities > Forums > Article: California's Southern Oak Woodlands
bookmark
Forum: Article: California's Southern Oak WoodlandsReplies: 5, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 12, 2011
2:21 PM

Post #8688605

I thoroughly enjoyed that hike. You really know your plants. I would have had to stop the camera to look up the plants in a book instead of knowing their proper names and pronunciations off hand. :>) This was a wonderful article with a great accompanying article. Keep up the good work.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 12, 2011
2:33 PM

Post #8688625

Thank you. I've been "studying" the plants for years and years, so the vast majority are very familar to me by now. I may not always be correct on the pronounciation of scientific names, though.
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 12, 2011
3:14 PM

Post #8688741

Very few of us would ever know if you were pronouncing them correctly or not so I would not give it another thought. LOL It was nice hearing your voice after so many years of knowing you online. It just makes me feel like I know you better than ever before.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 15, 2011
3:31 AM

Post #8693403

I loved the story and the trees are fantastic! I too think they deserve respect. The flowers are beautiful and I am always amazed that they are just out there growing :o) It was a nice hike, and I appreciate a person who knows the Latin name :o)

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 16, 2011
2:14 AM

Post #8695282

Great article, Kelli! And thanks for the video too...I felt like I was there with you, so cool!
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 16, 2011
11:26 AM

Post #8695988

Thank you, BP and Adina

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: California's Southern Oak Woodlands Threads you might be interested in:

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America