Photo by Melody

Article: Wild Clematis, an Unexpected Treasure: The Taste of Discovery and Enlightenment

Communities > Forums > Article: Wild Clematis, an Unexpected Treasure
bookmark
Forum: Article: Wild Clematis, an Unexpected TreasureReplies: 6, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

growin

growin
Vancouver, BC
(Zone 8b)

July 14, 2011
12:24 PM

Post #8692175

It's rare I read any article anywhere from end to end but, Bookerc1, you got me good! Your discovery of Gold in those mountains is really Blue and delicate was a delight to read. It made me recollect similar discoveries and treks I've had and the personal enlightenment of finding that flower or plant which seemed to be there just for me to find.

I took a moment in the middle of the article to work on my van but I was thinking about your description of the trip and this delightful Clematis giving myself a moment to enjoy the remainder like a delectable piece of cake, savoring every bite.

Thanks!

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 14, 2011
4:06 PM

Post #8692564

growin wrote:the personal enlightenment of finding that flower or plant which seemed to be there just for me to find.

Exactly! So gratifying to know that someone "gets it." As I was writing it, I kept worrying that no one would understand the connection between the old gold mine, and my own discovery. Thank you so much for your kind words!
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

July 14, 2011
8:49 PM

Post #8693195

What a beautiful place and a beautiful wildflower! Every once in a while, on my hikes through our woods, I'll be surprised by a wildflower I hadn't seen here before. I feel the same excitement--my eyes open wide, my mouth opens with a gasp. It's like being a kid finding a great Christmas present under the tree!

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 14, 2011
9:00 PM

Post #8693247

I love to hike in Kentucky. Wrote an article about the wildflowers I found in Mammoth Cave National Park last spring. :) I love the thrill of discovery, especially when you aren't expecting to see anything unusual!

KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

July 15, 2011
9:02 AM

Post #8693883

I saw a bat in the cave once, right next to the table where I was having lunch, lol! Cute lil critters!

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 15, 2011
1:43 PM

Post #8694323

My 10 year old has a real knack for finding bats in caves. We went to Jewel Cave in South Dakota last month, and the ranger leading the tour told us that bats had pretty much abandoned that entrance to the cave, and hadn't been seen in months. My son pointed out at least 6 to him on the tour. LOL Our whole family has a weird love of bats. I just find them fascinating.

KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

July 15, 2011
4:13 PM

Post #8694553

Me, too, so much so, that I had to have rabies shots once...I keep leather gloves in the car now, lol!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Wild Clematis, an Unexpected Treasure Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Joy lortay 4 Jul 26, 2011 2:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America