Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Recipes: Name that cookie!

Communities > Forums > Recipes
bookmark
Forum: RecipesReplies: 5, Views: 86
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
SoCalDawg
Anaheim, CA
(Zone 10a)

July 14, 2011
8:21 PM

Post #8693083

Ok Folks, I need your help. I'm looking for a cookie recipe that my grandmother used years ago. It had the texture / softness of the top of a cupcake. And looked like one too. I can picture them in my mind, with a bit of powdered sugar on top. She always made chocolate, but I suppose you could use any flavoring.

Does this sound familiar to anyone???

Any help would be greatly appreciated as no one is the family has been able to find it.

Thanks in advance!
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

July 15, 2011
4:42 PM

Post #8694588

There is a cookie known as "muffin tops". My mom used to make these and I made them for my kids back in the day. There are a zillion versions. You don't describe whether they were chocolate or with nuts or raisins or mangoes. Maybe Google. Hope this helps.
SoCalDawg
Anaheim, CA
(Zone 10a)

July 16, 2011
12:43 AM

Post #8695261

Thanks MaypopKaurel! But, I'm not sure that's the same thing. It was definitely a cookie, but really soft...almost like a cake / brownie mix.
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

July 16, 2011
6:28 PM

Post #8696576

I went searching Dawg and found that if look for "muffin top cookies" you get cookie recipes. If you look for "muffin tops" you get love handles hanging over jeans. lol But, if you look for "muffin top recipes" you will find cake-like muffin recipes made in special pans that are the size and shape of cookies but taste like muffins/cupcakes. You can make them in regular muffin pans by using scant batter and baking for a shorter time. This is what I used to make. They were popular in the eighties and you could get them in bakeries as an alternative to a whole super sized muffin. Could this be it?
SoCalDawg
Anaheim, CA
(Zone 10a)

July 16, 2011
7:53 PM

Post #8696706

MaypopLaurel,
That very well could be. All I remember (25 years ago) is that the "cookies" made from chocolate, very soft, and covered in powdered sugar. Makes me hungry just thinking about it!
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

July 17, 2011
5:23 AM

Post #8697189

Use a chocolate muffin or cupcake batter. Google 'chocolate muffin top" recipes for inspiration. I don't use box mixes but some people convert cake recipes to muffin and cupcake recipes.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Recipes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Banana Split Cake / Personal Pizzas Gayl 1 Aug 14, 2012 9:18 AM
Recipes of ALL the USA States gardendragon 102 Jul 20, 2011 5:26 AM
Crescent Lasagna Nebraska_Jewel 3 Aug 22, 2011 6:35 PM
S.Louisiana Dirty Rice justmeLisa 68 Oct 6, 2010 7:51 PM
Just for GardenDragon Brook 6 Aug 18, 2012 2:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America