Passiflora x allaridii - Anyone have a picture?

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I can't find this one in Plant Files - is there another name for it? .. I've got a vine I grew from seed that is starting to form buds.

Thanks

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

Any flowers yet?

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Nope and what I think might be buds just aren't growing!

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

Did you find a pic yet? Here's a link
http://lavenderlillydillydilly.blogspot.com/2009/08/passiflora-x-allardii-and-passiflora.html

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the link, but the leaves are very different. I guess this one is a "have to grow a year before I flower" Passie. Maybe next year .. still not seeing any buds.

Here is a picture of the leaves of mine .. perhaps someone mislabeled the seeds when they sent them to me. The leaves on hers are separate at the base and has 3 'fingers' as far as I can see .. and the leaves on mine are fused at the base plus have 6 fingers.

This message was edited Aug 21, 2011 8:37 AM

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
(Zone 9a)

I hope someone can ID this vine, I think I have the same one, do you think so X? MIne is a mystery and I have no idea where it came from.

Thumbnail by ardesia
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Yep .. does look like mine! The suspense is killing me! Birds or an opossum may have "dropped" it off in your yard. I've had to bag all of my P. foetida var. gossyphylla fruit because every night the 'possums' would raid my bush and eat all the ripe ones!

This message was edited Aug 21, 2011 8:53 AM

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

Those leaves are really different. I hope you get a flower soon, the suspense is too much!

Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

Did you ever get any flowers on this one????

(Zone 9a)

Mine never bloomed and it has been over 2 years now. The main stem is really a trunk now, it is thick and sturdy. The vine goes up around 20 feet into the trees.

How about yours X?

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Mine never bloomed but it's tucked safely into the greenhouse and hopefully this year it will boom!

(Zone 9a)

Mine finally bloomed and it appears to be P. Charlotte Corday.

Thumbnail by ardesia
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Pretty! All white! My P. caerulea Blue Crown has the same leaves as the X allardii .. they all must be cousins.

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the pic, the suspense was killing me:-) My Temp x is getting ready to bloom, my first this year. Can't wait!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images