Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Genus in common name field

Big Pine Key, FL(Zone 11)

I just received a D mail saying that an entry of mine has been edited and that I should use the genus in the common name field if there is no common name. I have no problem with this but I cannot find these instructions anywhere. Am I missing something?

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Probably not. There isn't a comprehensive set of instructions regarding how to fill out the PlantFiles entries. I was the one who sent you that dmail, and included that information because I have seen that most people don't know what to put in the "Common name" field, especially if a plant has no common name.

Big Pine Key, FL(Zone 11)

Thanks for the response faeden. I will edit my previous entries when I am at a quicker computer and will follow your instructions for future entries.
Scott

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

You're very welcome. I'm almost finished going through all the PlantFiles entries which don't have anything in the "Common name" field. If you had any others they've probably already been corrected. Thanks for understanding!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images