Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Garden Pests and Diseases: Thyme Disease

Communities > Forums > Garden Pests and Diseases
bookmark
Forum: Garden Pests and DiseasesReplies: 3, Views: 34
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mslehv
Columbus, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 18, 2011
7:26 PM

Post #8700745

I have a well established bed of Thymus "Reiter's Red" growing between stepping stones in a perennial garden. Within the last week, perhaps coinciding with extremely hot and dry weather (although it is irrigated daily), dead patches have begun to develop. Last year, during similar conditions, this same problem detstroyed perhaps 20% of the thyme.

Any ideas or suggestions? I'm considering spraying a multipurpose disease control.

Thumbnail by mslehv
Click the image for an enlarged view.

ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 18, 2011
8:21 PM

Post #8700848

Thyme is pretty drought tolerant and shouldn't need to be watered every day, I wonder if it's just showing the signs of staying a bit too wet.
mslehv
Columbus, OH
(Zone 5b)

July 20, 2011
6:17 AM

Post #8703211

Thanks. I considered that. However, the dead patches seem to occur only in the relatively driest areas. Those areas that are shaded and that are somewhat damp never seem to be affected.
Cheryl_103
Pittsburgh, PA
(Zone 6a)

August 19, 2011
4:39 PM

Post #8765356

I have a pretty well-established plot of coconut thyme that's showing the same thing; first time I've ever seen it. My brown/dead spots are smaller though, but more of them.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Pests and Diseases Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hollyhock Rust ??? snuggles 8 Feb 25, 2008 1:41 PM
Pests: Calling all slug experts! (Not for the faint of heart) candleberry 162 Jun 18, 2014 7:41 AM
PROOF that milk kills mildew Wintermoor 26 Jun 26, 2007 4:54 PM
These ants are a bane Dinu 18 Nov 13, 2007 5:18 PM
Getting rid of yellow jackets ButterflyGardnr 23 Jun 18, 2009 2:34 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America