Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Landscape: Ladybug: Colorado Gardener

Communities > Forums > Landscape: Ladybug
bookmark
Forum: Landscape: LadybugReplies: 4, Views: 96
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cslane
Golden, CO

July 18, 2011
10:43 PM

Post #8701012

I am an avid gardener who is still learning through trial and error. I remember when I started gardening years back. I went to the Garden Center and purchased several perennials not really knowing how to care for them. They did OK that year but during the next spring when things start to grow I pulled most of them thinking they were weeds (dumb huh). I've burned plants, over and under watered, planted in sun when they needed shade and made every mistake one can. Now I consider myself not too bad of a gardener (always learning). I grow all the vegetables organically. I try to use only organic products in the flower beds too. I like Fish Emulsion, Tomato-Tone and Ladybugs. Please check out my photos. I would love to here from you.

Thumbnail by cslane
Click the image for an enlarged view.

mmeacham
Boulder, CO

July 25, 2011
1:09 PM

Post #8714500

You sound like me! I don't know if there is another way to garden. Colorado is a challenge! I love your bird house, and your garden looks fantastic.

This message was edited Jul 25, 2011 1:10 PM
nonconformist7
Aurora, CO
(Zone 5b)

August 20, 2011
9:45 PM

Post #8767836

I just saw the pictures of your landscaping. Very nice! I am just starting on all of my landscaping. In particular I noticed several pictures of what appears to be a Maypop vine, and was wondering if you have had success keeping it alive outside through one of our winters? Some resources say that it is winter hardy zones 4-9, and some say 6-9. I look forward to posting some beautiful pictures once my yard is established!
Susannah406
East Lismore
Australia

August 23, 2011
3:30 AM

Post #8772368

Lovely garden, esp.the arbor and hibiscus.
RebeccaLynn
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2012
7:18 PM

Post #9014126

Your house and garden are soooo beautiful! I can't believe you've done so much in only three years. I love everything in your yard, especially the bougainvillia. Nonconformist7 called one of your plants a "Maypop." My mother (from South Carolina) also used that name. I call it a Passion Flower Vine. I guess the plant goes by both names. It produces many,many new plants in my Zone 7a garden.

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

-

Other Landscape: Ladybug Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Colorado Gardener FrogL3gs 0 Feb 29, 2012 5:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America