Our annual end-of-summer contest is here, come on down to the Dave's Garden County Fair!

weather at the barn #5

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1176948

93 today. Had to change shirts after cleaning stalls, it was soaked.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

100 or so for a high and we are still in the high 90s. Humidity is low though so not as bad as it could be.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

high 90's and humidity to match. Yuck! Heat index says it feels like 100.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

95 yesterday and heat index was well over 100. Not quite as bad today. Hope it's a trend.

99 degrees with heat index at 101. Still hot. Heat warnings til Saturday.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I thought you guys wanted me to share our weather. =) oops.. you meant my weather a few months ago. Guess I better start earlier next year. Shucks... sorries!

Still praying for rain. Seems like all the towns around me got a little last week. I barely got spit on. Pffft.

Rescue adoption is taking shape. Got a note from saddle fitter Bob Cooper, that he's in Houston Monday & Tuesday. Trying to plan that for Harley.

Riding this weekend at daybreak, or dusk.. nowhere in the middle...

Stay cool everybody! Lots of fresh cool water and hose downs for the horses.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Turned Ben out on the grass and he has put himself back up to escape the flies. Drenching him with fly spray doesn't even keep them at bay for long.

It's near 80 in the shade of the porch and the humidity is high. Got a lot of the animals fed early.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

this humidity makes the flies horrible. In the 70's now after T- storms came through earlier.

They were talking on the news tonight how they found 3 new species of mosqitos this year. They also said this is the worst year for them and other bugs that we've had in awhile due to the high humidity everywhere.

Richmond, TX

Well thanks to our drought we have almost no mosquitoes this year!

99 today with a heat index of 114. Nope, no rain.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

rain came through this am. Hope the humidity stays away! The plan is to ride later.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Really hot again today but not nearly as humid. I put a fan on the goats and one on the porch for the dogs.

Medina, OH

Heat and humidity to spare. Fans set up in the barn. Barley still sweats, Basil too much of a gentleman!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

no riding today, Alice was sweating too much. We are now having rain, hope this makes the humidity go away.

No change here. The closest thing to relief will be a minor cool front knocking us down to 92 by Monday for a high then shooting back up again.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

getting some relief, 80 and less humid. Doesn't look good for the weekend.

Richmond, TX

Not so good here: 100.6 with a heat index of 113. The radar shows rain to the east, so - maybe...

High around 95. Still hot.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

80 and less humidity. Wish it would last, hot and humid coming back for the weekend :(

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Pretty nice today. Sunny but not too hot.

Richmond, TX

No change here: hot, humid, no rain. There's a tropical depression near Cuba; I hope it brings rain our way.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

nice day today. NOT looking forward to the weekend.

Even hotter and more humid than has been for the last few days. Rain trying to move in.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

rain came through yesterday afternoon. very humid today.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I started to melt a few times yesterday. Today was a little better and it rained tonight.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

TS Don was a bust..
short shower here yesterday, was it..

Grrr... back to 100 and humid..

Richmond, TX

Yup, same here. We got less than 1/8th" of rain and it wasn't even related to Don. It rinsed some of the dust off the weeds and made the pastures look greener.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Houston area at least has seen some rain last week..
High pressure here makes it feel like there's a rain vacuum overhead.
*sigh* we'll get thru, somehow... bleh

Richmond, TX

Yes, I keep seeing black rain clouds going by us to the east - they're raining on someone...

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

We got a really good rain last evening. I was glad. Saved me from having to water the garden.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

glad you got some rain. pulled some of Alice's mane today. It's getting long again and I have another show next Sun.

Got a few short showers Friday and Saturday while down in Noel, MO on a float trip. Rest of the time it was hot but not that humid. Now I'm back home and it's hot still. Excessive heat warnings in effect again. Bleh

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

hope your weather pattern changes soon!

Medina, OH

Thunder, lightning, heavy rain, wind, hail. You name it, we just had it. Now the sun is shining as if nothing had happened at all.

Richmond, TX

The sun is shining here too as if nothing has happened - and it hasn't. The drought continues...

Even hotter today. Temps reached 101 for a high. Tomorrow will be even worse with temps reaching 104. High humidity still too.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

got the t-storms yesterday that Skeeler did, no hail or wind, however. 85 and sunny today.

Medina, OH

J2, count your blessings. It was wild!! Cloudy, humid and threatening right now. Boys already wanting to get in-
bugs are awful, and I think their built in barometers are sending them a warning. Everyone, stay safe!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Nice here. Sunny, clear and hot.

Sunny, clear, breeze and halfway decent temps considering that yesterday we broke the old record of 104 and made a new one at 107. I was sick with the 1 day flu so never felt it. Fine by me!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images