Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Lotus for Containers: Who knew exotic could be so EASY?: A bud!!

Communities > Forums > Article: Lotus for Containers: Who knew exotic could be so EASY?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Lotus for Containers: Who knew exotic could be so EASY?Replies: 4, Views: 49
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

July 22, 2011
7:10 AM

Post #8708257

I braved the heat and went outside to add water to my lotus & lily containers this morning... My little 'Chawan Basu' has a bud! Hopefully I'll have a flower photo to share in another day or two.

Oh, and I wanted to mention... the other "easy" thing about growing lotus is that even if the water level goes down so there's no standing water in the pot, they seem to be fine as long as their soil is still mud-looking. I'm sure mine would be happier with their pots full all the time, but they've been forgiving when the water levels have dropped!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

July 22, 2011
3:51 PM

Post #8709262

wow I think i'm sold! gorgoeus! Congrats on the bud.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

July 22, 2011
6:59 PM

Post #8709621

:-)

VORTREKER

VORTREKER
POTTSBORO, TX
(Zone 7b)

July 22, 2011
7:29 PM

Post #8709689

Great photos---keep up the informative articles.

Squatch AKA "The Lotus Eater"
:)
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

July 22, 2011
8:02 PM

Post #8709818

Thanks! I took a break from writing while I tried to catch up a little on all the things I couldn't do last year, but I think I'm back in the saddle again. :-)

I think the classic "lotus eaters" actually ate jujube fruits. Garnished with chocolate basil.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Lotus for Containers: Who knew exotic could be so EASY? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Fragrant Lotus flowers ColibriGardener 3 Jul 24, 2011 6:48 AM
instead of pots dorothyroeder 1 Jul 25, 2011 10:34 AM
Leveling a water holding container Cazadero 1 Jul 25, 2011 4:04 PM
No holes container klstuart 1 Jun 28, 2012 11:08 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America