-
AuthorContent
mwhit
Tiffin, OH
(Zone 5a)

July 22, 2011
4:50 PM

Post #8709359

I have been trying to catalog my daylillies in my (private) blog/diary but after sucessfully listing about 19 of them-each as a separate entry under the daylily tab, several new ones failed to appear in the blog. I created the entry, attached a picture and clicked "finished" but nothing new is under that tab. Is there a space/entry limit we can't exceed?

Also is there a way to alphabetize after entries are made? I'm tired of scrolling up and down to see what has crossed over and what has not. Searches would be easier if I could put them in Alpha order.

ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 22, 2011
6:40 PM

Post #8709574

If you're cataloging individual plants, it's probably better to use the journal feature rather than the blog/diary--if you put them in the journal then you can view plants as a list and click on a column header to sort--this will allow you to sort by common name, cultivar name, genus name, etc however you want. Diaries/blogs are chronological, you can choose to display most recent date first or oldest date first but that's it. As far as I know there aren't any limits on space/size for either the diary/blog or the journal (if there is a limit, I've never hit it and I've got a decent amount of things in both)
mwhit
Tiffin, OH
(Zone 5a)

July 23, 2011
8:47 AM

Post #8710598

Thanks for your quick reply, Ecrane3. I've tried the journal but just don't find it easy to use. Maybe it's time to try it again! Now, is there a way to copy and paste or otherwise move entries from one format to the other? I'm not a good typist and hate to contemplate redoing all my entries!! Thanks again, MWhit
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 23, 2011
9:04 AM

Post #8710644

You can copy and paste individual pieces of text, but there's no easy way to transfer things from the blog into the journal.

The easiest way to put plants into the journal is to look up each plant in Plant Files, then if you scroll to the bottom of each PF entry there's a link to add that plant to your journal. When you do it that way, it automatically fills in the genus/species/cultivar/common name/etc info from Plant Files into your journal entry as well as putting in a link back to the Plant Files entry.

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other DG Journals and Diaries Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Online journal - getting started Terry 219 Apr 1, 2008 1:12 PM
    Journal "wish list" requests here, please Terry 178 Aug 25, 2014 3:44 PM
    The Garden Diary is ready for testing dave 159 Aug 18, 2008 7:51 PM
    "Watching" a Garden Diary dave 18 Jul 2, 2013 7:36 AM
    Using both the journal and diary barbur 4 Sep 28, 2013 6:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America