Continued: New 5" Charm Block swap

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Continued from original thread: REMEMBER SEPT 1 deadline!!

Lots of great Charm packs are going out - GOOD JOB!! Let me know if you need addresses.

Charm Block swap, you will send 9 out 5"x5" blocks out and get nine back. The deadline is Sept 1 and please use 100% cotton. Each block should be different unless the member states that duplicates are alright (Please let us know).

1. Psychw2 (Pat) Novelty prints, duplicates OK, if you don't have some novelty prints just send primary colors, ok?
2. Housse301 (Laura) BRIGHT pink,purple,orange,green really anything BRIGHT. But no batiks.
3. Siliolegma (Karen) Blues, Blue & White,White TOT, Yellows, duplicates Ok
4. Abbisgranma (Marion) Scaps, TOT ok too. (duplicates OK)
5.Catbird23 ( Robin) I spy/ novelty fabric
6. FLStu (Stuart) Civil War, Victorian or Edwardian (pre-1930's) looking prints and/ or blenders. Duplicates are OK.
7. SewSassee (Bev) BRIGHT & Funky!
8. Quilter5bdsr - (Barb) Scappy duplicates ok
9. Melody - Brights... especially likes fruits and vegetables and anything Unusual. duplicates ok
10. BarefootT- BRIGHT! pinks, purple, greens, prints, TOT NO pastels! duplicates OK> (this woman likes' BRIGHTS so bright they make your eyes bleed!!)
11. Elen - Beige, tans and brown, prefer TOT and light print, not flowers etc.
12. Qwilter (Jean) : BLUES, batiks OK (still using MD address)

Elen's blocks will be mailed to ME, and the blocks she cuts will come to me. I will disperse those to the appropriate people EVERYONE else will mail DIRECTLY to the appropriate person. Clear? Let me know if there are quesitons.

This message was edited Aug 18, 2011 3:40 PM

This message was edited Aug 25, 2011 4:18 AM

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

whooo hooo me first!!! hope Y'all are sleeping soundly, and having very sweet dreams, creating many awesome quilts ^_^
and I wish Y'all a happy and healthy new day...see ya around noon........

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

checking in...It's so fun to see what everyone is getting!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Hope to have mine all mailed by the end of the week.

I have everybody but Melody & Jean's charms in evelopes and my Sweeties says he'll take them to the Post Office today. I also have ALL of my Christmas/Winter theme's in envelopes, hoping to redeem myself for being 3 months late getting Thunder's in the mail! She gave me special permission to make a "different block" and I hope she likes what I created for her both, in Winter and the "Different" swap.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

I get paid the 3rd of August and I will need to finish up then because I don't have all the colors for people. I am working on it though, sorry.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

I will now have a new address after the 1st of August. D-Mail me if you need it.

Lexington Park, MD

mailing mine out today. Silo you should get mine before you move.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

If I am lucky, mine will go out the later part of this week. Thank goodness things are now down to a dull roar. New cook top to be installed today so we can reassemble the kitchen. Been living around pots and pans since last Thursday.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Bev - certainly no need to be sorry. This swap isn't due until Sept 1 and there is NO NEED TO RUSH!!! Didn't mean to "yell" but don't be so hard on yourself. This is a fun thing- not a contest....And we will all be happy whenever you are able to get yours out. I'm so happy with what you sent me, but I would have been just as happy if I didn't get it until the end.....Have fun with it my new friend.....

VERY true Bev, some of us rush and finish as quickly as possible, others will need the full time! I dont' have something for Melody so I have to wait until I can get to a store... life happens and the deadline is a LONG way from now!!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Don't buy anything...scraps will be fine!

I would like to buy you something on your list, I just don't have any fruits or vegetables... nothing unique that I can find in my stash so unless you have any other bright ideas it's off to the store! LOL

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Holiday? Christmas, Patriotic, Easter? Birds? TOT and blenders are fine too

I will be filing a forwarding addy w/post office so should get everything just fine.
Yes Bev, please don't rush I only sent mine because I had to pack my room and don't know when I'll get it back together.

I got envelopes from Karen, and Jean...both fantastic. will take photos in a bit....

thanks for the additional requests Melody...I think I can now easily "fill your order" ^_^

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

I also got a squishy from Karen. Pretty blues!!!!!

Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

I also received my charms from Karen and the're perfect. I hope that the pictures do them justice. My camera didn't feel the need to flash.

Thumbnail by FLStu
Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

Karen also included three finished blocks that she was gifted and thought would go well with my Vintage quilt. I am honored and humbled by her generosity and that of all of you. These are phenominal. Again, the pictures don't do them justice.

Thumbnail by FLStu
Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

the second

Thumbnail by FLStu
Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

And the third......... Thank you so much Karen.

Thumbnail by FLStu

WOWSERS nice charms, very nice blocks any idea the name of the 1st and 3rd ???

the 2nd must be at least partially paper pieced??!!! gorgeous too, but I really hate to do PP....oh I can certainly see where it can be a great thing, but I just do not at all like the process....

Lowell, IN(Zone 5b)

Will need to defer that question to Karen.

Sorry not my work, but I thought the fabrics would fit Stu's civil war prints perfectly.

WOW Stu, SCORE!!! LOL... how wonderful that Karen had something special to share with you.

SCORE INDEED !!

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks everyone. =)

Lexington Park, MD

Ok I mailed out my charms yesterday .
Now sit back and relax and come up with an idea for the charms I have received.
Thinking........................

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm taking each set of charms, embroidering the persons name on them, and maybe a city or something and then making them into a nine block friendship quilt for myself. This way I can remember my first swap. =)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, she wants to remember us!!!!!

Lexington Park, MD

What a great idea Bev. And such a very nice way to remember your DG friends and your first swap.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

Yep, I thought it was a good idea too, hee hee. Of course, when will the quilt actually be done? lol, well, that's another story, but hey it's the idea behind that thought that matter.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Bev, love the idea but better still, I love the rest of the statement: " lol, well, that's another story, but hey it's the idea behind that thought that matter. "

Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks to Karen, very nice selection. It was like Christmas in July. =)

Thumbnail by SewSassee
Orlando, FL(Zone 9a)

And thank you Jean. Love the crackled lightening looking one! Thank you so much for the added bonuses, they are all wonderful. Everyone's blocks that I have rec'd are wonderful. This is so much fun! =)

Thumbnail by SewSassee

I got move lovely Blues from Laura today.......................

Lexington Park, MD

That was really fast Jean. I mailed late yesterday.

this is the lovely package I got from Karen :)

Thumbnail by barefootT

along with a lovely bunch of scraps, to add to my charm quilt :)

Thumbnail by barefootT

and these from Jean...another great package. :)

Thumbnail by barefootT

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.