Photo by Melody

Pacific Northwest Gardening: PNW Roundup Sept 24, 2011 - a fun gathering of DG friends

Communities > Forums > Pacific Northwest Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Pacific Northwest GardeningReplies: 161, Views: 1,241
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

July 24, 2011
11:05 PM

Post #8713468

This will be the official thread for the Round up scheduled for Saturday SEPT 24 hosted by Gwendalou and Lynn Phillips

Date: Sat SEPT 24

Place: Lynn and Joe's house 26217 137th St Ct E, Buckley, WA 98321

Time: 11ish to noonish

What to bring: Potluck dish and a bottle of wine for wine tasting event. If you don't drink, then don't bring wine, as that would not be fair to you. Also, bring any plants or seeds or any garden item to share. I have some really cute wind chimes from Pony and Summerkid that i got one year.

Who: Any DG member, their hubby, friends, dogs (the more the merrier!)

NOTE THE NEW DATE IS SEPT 24

Please post or Dmail me RSVP, also if you need accommodations and when you plan to arrive.

MARK YOUR CALENDAR SEPT 24 IT WILL BE A FUN TIME FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

You can spend the night Saturday, as we have plenty of sleeping areas, and huge lawn and driveway for camping. You can come Friday and spend the night if you choose. My yard is loaded with solar lights that can only be enjoyed as dusk evolves into darkness. I think it is one of the most magical part of my gardens.

We will have a campfire , and the hot tub, sauna, and massage chairs are available for your enjoyment.

Please come and enjoy the fellowship of some great DG members.

This message was edited Aug 5, 2011 1:37 PM

This message was edited Aug 5, 2011 1:37 PM

Thumbnail by LynnPhillips
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

July 26, 2011
2:58 PM

Post #8716833

Deleted message - no longer applicable.

This message was edited Aug 6, 2011 12:52 AM
PNWMountainGirl
(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA
(Zone 7a)

July 27, 2011
10:05 AM

Post #8718553

message deleted was for august timing

This message was edited Sep 19, 2011 4:08 PM
Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

July 27, 2011
1:27 PM

Post #8719058

:( We'll miss you guys!
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 5, 2011
2:38 PM

Post #8738976

PLESE NOTE THAT THE DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO SEPT 24. THE OLD GOAT FARM THING IS STILL IN AUG.
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 5, 2011
10:07 PM

Post #8739565

I will update this as I hear from you. Welcome to our home for the day (or weekend) of fun, food, drink, and fellowship. Sept is a good time to plant, so bring your starts to share. Of course, that is not a requirement, so don't feel bad if you don't bring anything. Your presence is the most important part of the event. Don't forget, we are dog and family friendly, so bring them with you.

RSVPS:
Yes, will or might attend
Gwendalou
PNWMountaingirl & Ray
Rarejem & Colton
Summerkid
Soferdig & Karen
Suzybell
Growin
Springcolor
Murmur
Azarina & Carl

Lynn & Joe & friends:
Linda DeRoche & Irma
Jim & Gail
Joyce
Stephanie & Ed
Carolyn & Paul
Gail & Bob
Heidi Weidman

This message was edited Aug 7, 2011 10:54 PM

This message was edited Aug 26, 2011 8:50 AM

This message was edited Sep 14, 2011 9:22 PM

This message was edited Sep 15, 2011 7:50 PM

This message was edited Sep 18, 2011 10:26 AM
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

August 6, 2011
12:24 AM

Post #8739684

Lynn, honey punkin, I am chagrined that you are feeling poorly & disappointed that we won't see each other soon. But now I have the added anticipation of another month, so that is good!
HydroPinke
Burien, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 6, 2011
9:00 AM

Post #8740009

We might be able to make. My sons birthday is the 28th and his bday party is tentatively planned for that weekend. Will know more when it's closer to the date.
Thanks for the invite though.
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

August 6, 2011
6:34 PM

Post #8740891

Lynn, I know it's early but will you be doing a separate plant thread or should we post what we have on this thread? I HAVE to start whacking on this place but will save anything someone had interest in, like irises or filipendula or strawberry plants or vinca or landscape roses or ...
mauryhillfarm
Vashon, WA
(Zone 8b)

August 8, 2011
8:30 AM

Post #8744058

I sadly won't be able to make it unless I have a sudden ability to get ahead in the classes I am taking. I seem to be very slow at writing papers since I tend to follow a winding research trail and like to ponder things before deciding what to say. I will be there at the Roundup gathering in spirit. I do read the PNW forum now and then for a break, and to look at beautiful garden photos. Thanks to everyone for posting them. I will be kind of out of gardening commission for until January 2013, when I (hopefully) will graduate. A funny thing... my classes are all on-line and participating in this forum helped me understand the discussion board format in my class.
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 8, 2011
9:52 AM

Post #8744226

We will miss you, but we sure understand. We will be with you in spirit, also.

BTW, how is your son doing?
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 14, 2011
11:01 AM

Post #8755907

We will have a wine glass contest. Bring your favorite (cheap) wine glass (or cheap acrylic, like mine). We will vote for the best decorated, most unusual, biggest, funniest, most colorful, x-rated, wine glasses. Help me think of some other categories. Prizes!!! I will also provide bead supplies, and we can each make our own wine charm.
I am also going to have a "name my gardens" contest. I will have some signs to paint the winning names. For example, I have one garden planted by a big old tree that looks like a teapot, so I call that one my "teapot garden" . Another one, I call it my "propane tank" garden. It obviously needs a new name. I need some creative ideas!

A couple of guys from our Corvair Club has invited themselves to our party. So bring your hubbies, boyfriends.

Please keep me posted with the RSVP's. Thanks
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

August 14, 2011
12:51 PM

Post #8756080

Oh, so much fun Lynn! Shall we plan to do any weeding or help with any other projects since you'll have so many hands on deck?
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 14, 2011
1:00 PM

Post #8756085

No way. But thank you for the generous offer. BUT, when looking at the gardens, if you see a weed, please feel free to yank it out and drop it on the ground! Believe me, there are plenty! But I do not want my guests to work, just have fun. Painting my signs will be a HUGE help, cuz I am not artistic. ANd, if we don't do it, it is no big deal.
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

August 14, 2011
3:36 PM

Post #8756335

I love to paint words. My masterpiece is a sign reading "DEATH AWAITS" that hangs where I can see it first thing in the morning (or afternoon, depending on the day) and be motivated to get up.
Soferdig
Kalispell, MT
(Zone 4b)

August 25, 2011
8:19 AM

Post #8776001

I am riding my motorcycle down from AK so if I don't hit a moose, run out of gas in the middle of nowhere, get buried in snow on some mountain pass, or break down I will be there. My bike wouldn't start last week and nobody in AK works on BMW, so I am taking up my book and get er done. Please pray for me to figure out what is wrong.
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

August 25, 2011
10:59 AM

Post #8776273

Will do. Safe traveling.
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 25, 2011
10:44 PM

Post #8777414

It is time to start thinking about the Sept Roundup. I am looking forward to seeing old and new friends again. Sofer, YOU BE SAFE!!!! If you can't get your bike started, let me know. We have a friend who is a retired airline pilot who rides a BMW, and maybe he can help you out. And he is on a retainer for a gazillionaire, and flies to AK quite often. He and his wife are planning to attend the Roundup party, so you will get a chance to meet him.

Joey is building a fire pit in the back yard, it should be finished by next week. I hope that many of you can spend the night, so you can enjoy the new fire pit and my solar lights. Summerkid, I am glad you like to paint signs. Everyone can "name" my garden areas and either paint them or Summerkid gets the honors.

On a sad note, Joey's Mom, Sally, may not be with us much longer. For her sake, I hope it is soon. She had a massive stroke over a week ago, and there is no chance for recovery. She cannot swallow, so the hospice nurse said no food or water, as she would choke to death. She is home with us, but it is hard to see her lay there suffering. Please pray for her to make her journey from this world soon.

I will post more later as I can.

See you in September.

summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

August 25, 2011
11:47 PM

Post #8777440

Aw Lynn ... my heart goes out to all of you. Is she aware of you & that you are caring steadfastly for her?
springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

August 26, 2011
7:32 AM

Post #8777797

Lynn
So sorry to here about Sally. My thoughts are wih you.
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 26, 2011
9:48 AM

Post #8778072

Thank you everyone. We really don't know what she is aware of. She tries to speak, but can't. She squeezes our hand, and her foot shakes, but that is all. There sure has been a lot of us experiencing losses this past year or two.

We have a new member from Vancouver, BC , Growin (Mike) who is planning to attend the RUp. Yeah! Welcome Mike.

Any other new DG'ers are welcome to attend!
Soferdig
Kalispell, MT
(Zone 4b)

August 26, 2011
5:30 PM

Post #8778697

I am glad for Sally to have the chance to move on. Her life has been full. Sorry for you and Joey.
Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 26, 2011
8:07 PM

Post #8778919

Lynn, I'm saying prayers for Sally (and you and Joey too). It's very hard to watch someone suffer.

I'm still iffy on whether I can attend on the 24th. I have a friend coming to stay from Australia and that's the day before she leaves. It will depend on what she wants to do. At one time she had mentioned going down to Portland. It might work out that we'd be returning from Portland on the 24th and could stop by. I'll just have to play it by ear and let you know closer to the time. It sounds like a really fun time!
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 31, 2011
10:37 AM

Post #8786998

OK Everyone, start gearing up for the Sept Roundup! Please let me know who and how many in your party is coming so I can plan for it.

Yesterday, I went to Shipwreck Beads and bought a bunch of beads so we can make our wine charms. That place is amazingly huge. I bought some charms to put on them, but if you have a special one, just bring it.

Summerkid, (and the rest of you talented artists), I am looking forward to getting my garden signs painted. My DIL and GK's painted me some for my bday, and they are so darn cute. They painted them on old farmhouse boards.

Don't forget to bring a decorated wine glass for the contest. I have lots of prizes!

Joey finished the fire pit, it is cool. The outdoor shower is completed, hot tub has fresh clean water. Lots of new solar lights are up (we look like Zoo Lights here).

BRING YOUR FRIENDS AND LET'S HAVE FUN!!!

Here is a picture of 2 of the GK's enjoying the new outdoor shower.

Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

August 31, 2011
1:26 PM

Post #8787230

Oh man, we are sooo missing all the fun. I know you will take lots of pics.
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

August 31, 2011
2:28 PM

Post #8787305

But Jan, good to hear you. I trust you have weathered the storm OK? Seems like there were all ways to get hurt by this one.
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

August 31, 2011
5:51 PM

Post #8787635

We are counting our blessings. Could have been much worse. Praying for all those still w/o power and or flooding.
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

August 31, 2011
7:26 PM

Post #8787787

Lynn, so sorry but I'll be missing the September event. We have a wedding on Orcas Island same day (close neighbor friend). As Jan says, take lots of pictures. Also wishing a peaceful passing for Sally, I enjoyed chatting with her last spring. Deb
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

August 31, 2011
7:50 PM

Post #8787820

Well, *I* just dodged a wedding bullet myself. Jack, who gets so tired of attending social events on his own, had asked me to come back to Illinois that weekend for a childhood friend's daughter's wedding, and with heavy heart I was figuring I really should for his sake. A wedding of someone I've never met who has probably planned the best suburban redneck shindig evah? And missing a Roundup at the same time? Whole thing gave me a headache this last week. But just this morning Jack emailed to say that this was a dumb idea and he figured the wedding was really a waste of our precious times together & instead he is coming out for my birthday in October.

BIG SIGH OF RELIEF. Looking for a wine glass. Planning to pour something in it & ponder the decorating thereof.

Kosk, are you reading this thread? Maybe we could carpool. I'm still hoping for the company of my friend Lisa.
Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 31, 2011
10:11 PM

Post #8787987

Lynn, your outdoor shower is cool! Looks like the grandkids are having a ball. Of course it's easy to have fun at your place!

Still don't know whether I'll be able to make it. I won't know til last minute, but will try. Your parties are always so much fun! And of course I want to see everyone.
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

August 31, 2011
11:01 PM

Post #8788005

Gwen, please try! I'll be so disappointed to miss you otherwise.
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 9, 2011
9:20 PM

Post #8801628

I apologize for not being online to update you all, but we have been busy with life/death. Sally passed away last week, after having a massive stroke. We brought her home to spend her final days surrounded by family. She is at peace now. Everyone has gone home, and Joey & I have the house to ourselves, the first in 10 years. Gosh, I hope he will still like me!!!

Gwen, my cohost , has out of town guest coming next week. Is there anyone who would like to step in and help me with the Roundup? I am paying for everything, I just need a little help in planning/getting ready. I tire so easily, especially under stress!. HELP!!!!

Here is our new fire pit

summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

September 10, 2011
1:29 AM

Post #8801786

I am now Lynn's right-handedness.
BEWARE.
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 10, 2011
1:56 AM

Post #8801788

YEP< BEWARE, you may have way too much fun. Plan to spend the night, if possible. You have to see the light show and enjoy the campfire and hot tub under the stars.

Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

September 10, 2011
6:17 AM

Post #8801950

Now, I definitely am sorry I won't be there.
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 10, 2011
10:26 AM

Post #8802238

Is this a good time (after the heat wave is over) to divide some of my perennials to share?

I have a really pretty grass that has made a few babies. Is anyone interested in getting some of these?

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 10, 2011
10:29 AM

Post #8802242

I also have this sedum I can divide. ALso, I have some black Mondo grass, Any takers?

I have TONS of seeds.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 10, 2011
10:32 AM

Post #8802245

I went to Shipwreck Beads and bought these for us to make our wine charms. If you want something fancier, bring your own charm. I have a big box of beads, wires, pliers, and tweezers. It will be fun and easy to do. Don't forget to bring your wine glass, there will be prizes.
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 10, 2011
10:33 AM

Post #8802246

Forgot the picture.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 10, 2011
10:36 AM

Post #8802247

A close up picture of some of the beads.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 10, 2011
10:40 AM

Post #8802250

Joey painted my old plastic chairs. I now have red, purple, lt purple, blue and yellow chairs. We were going to take them to the dump because they were looking so ratty. Now I think they are cute. It is getting rather colorful around here!

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 10, 2011
10:45 AM

Post #8802256

My new garden friend, Bugsy.

springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

September 10, 2011
11:10 AM

Post #8802273

Lynn
Wait on dividing that grass. If we have a cold winter you may loose your grass. spring is a much better time for those. Just my 2cents.
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

September 10, 2011
1:08 PM

Post #8802414

Love the chairs. Very festive!!!
Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 12, 2011
6:56 AM

Post #8804832

Great job on painting the chairs!

I just took one of those little plastic side tables to the dump. Didn't realize I could have painted it. Darn darn darn!

The fire pit looks fabulous too.
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 12, 2011
10:01 PM

Post #8806192

OK< WHo all is planning to attend the Roundup? It is less than 2 weeks away.
Soferdig
Kalispell, MT
(Zone 4b)

September 13, 2011
1:49 PM

Post #8807002

If I live through the ride down from AK, both me and my DW Karen.
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

September 13, 2011
2:03 PM

Post #8807017

Be safe, Sofer.
Azorina
(Linda)Gig Harbor, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 14, 2011
1:02 PM

Post #8808301

yup will be there with lots of begonia grandis!!

This message was edited Sep 14, 2011 12:05 PM
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 14, 2011
10:16 PM

Post #8809037

joey wants to know if you are bringing Carl?
Azorina
(Linda)Gig Harbor, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 15, 2011
11:04 AM

Post #8809665

Hopefully he will be attending?
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 15, 2011
8:46 PM

Post #8810411

Good, I will put him on the list. Joey will be glad to have more guys attend.

Would the guys be interested in a beer tasting event to go along with the wine tasting?
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

September 16, 2011
8:05 AM

Post #8810860

I don't think guys 'taste' beer - near as I can tell, they just toss it back!
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

September 16, 2011
8:11 AM

Post #8810868

HAHAHA!!!!
PNWMountainGirl
(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA
(Zone 7a)

September 16, 2011
5:49 PM

Post #8811542

Julie and I plan to be there, of course, and may be bringing male guests. Time will tell whether they will succumb to subtle pressure.

In the meantime, a friend Enumclaw who has a small herd of aplacas pointed out that the weekend in question is also the "show off your alpacas" weekend and they would be open for visitors on Sunday if anyone was interested. If you bring a shovel and a container, you are welcome to all of the aplaca "scat" you would want.
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

September 16, 2011
6:12 PM

Post #8811573

Sharon, can you post details? I definitely could for some alpaca love.
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 17, 2011
9:24 PM

Post #8812915

Summer, my neighbor 2 houses down the road has llamas, and we can get all we want from her, as well.
Also, Summer, what would you like for dinner Friday night?
Does anyone have any idea of what food you plan to bring? I am trying to decide what I need to get.

I will have hot dogs and s'mores for around the campfire, if anyone stays.

I plan to have an assortment of micro beers. We have a growler of 'Chopper Red' from the Georgetown brewery. Also, some 'Men's Room' and my favorite 'Blue Moon' (served with an orange slice).

I am considering borrowing my grandson's airsoft bb gun for the guys to play around with. Any comments, yeah or neigh?

summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

September 17, 2011
10:09 PM

Post #8812936

Dibs on the bb gun.
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 17, 2011
10:47 PM

Post #8812953

They brought it over tonight, it was his bday present. It was a blast shooting it. He said we could borrow it next weekend, so I will go ahead and order some bb's. You can shoot it semi automatic or fully automatic, shoot it from the hip, shoot it Tom Cruise style, I don't get excited about bb guns, but this thing was fun. Joey will make a target area for it behind the barn.
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

September 18, 2011
7:16 AM

Post #8813246

I would SO rather go to this event than a wedding. Sigh. Just back from a niece wedding last weekend, this weekend off, and next weekend back on the ferry for another one. What's with these pesky 'destination weddings' anyway -- the last one cost us about $300 just to attend (2 nights on Orcas plus ferry fare). I thought we were in a depressed economy...
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 18, 2011
4:46 PM

Post #8813884

OK Annie Oakleys, I ordered 8000 biodegradable pellets for the airsoft gun, and I am going to buy a really cool target. Joey is setting up a "safe zone", and there will be a guys and gals contest. That gun is a blast, but remember NO SHOOTING AT EACH OTHER OR MY PLANTS!!!!!
Soferdig
Kalispell, MT
(Zone 4b)

September 18, 2011
8:31 PM

Post #8814195

We always used to practice shooting the butts of each kid as he swung from one mow to the other. It was the targets job to make sure the butt was facing the shooter. Lots of fun.
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

September 18, 2011
9:18 PM

Post #8814253

I'd take getting shot in the butt with a BB any day. I have a scar on my chest from an actual .22 bullet (accidental, but still, OW)
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 18, 2011
9:30 PM

Post #8814267

Well, my butt would be too easy of a target, you need more of a challenge than that.

Any updates on attendees and guests? I decided that I am going to make tacos and fixings.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 18, 2011
9:31 PM

Post #8814268

Gosh Summer, what happened?
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

September 18, 2011
9:40 PM

Post #8814272

kids with guns, basically (not me, I'd never kill a gopher on purpose)
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 18, 2011
10:54 PM

Post #8814294

That is terrible. How old were you when it happened?
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

September 19, 2011
12:44 AM

Post #8814335

14. It's not as bad as I made it sound! The bullet ricocheted off a rock -- I was hunched down looking at a bug or something -- so it just made a nice big dent in my breastbone, couldn't have been more square-on. I usually try to hide the scar with a necklace.

I had broken an arm & a leg in a bad fall off a hillside rope swing the year before, that was a worse experience (ah, the joys of growing up in wilderness mining camps in central Montana.).
PNWMountainGirl
(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2011
9:55 AM

Post #8814867

Lynn, we will bring plenty of tomatoes for your taco fixings. Julie just got back from EWA with a good load.

Does anyone want a decent sized jade plant? (about 3 ft. tall.)
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 19, 2011
11:56 AM

Post #8815009

Sharon, Oh Good, Yummy!!! Will there be enough tomatoes to make a salsa?

I have killed every Jade plant I have ever owned. But guess what , my Dinosaur plant, (forgot the correct name) from Azorina is still alive! 3's the charm!
PNWMountainGirl
(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA
(Zone 7a)

September 20, 2011
11:31 AM

Post #8816334

OK, so Julie and I will be bringing fresh salsa and chips as well as fresh cut-up tomatoes for the tacos. Sliced tomatoes also if requested.

Regarding the alpca poo...this weekend is the annual "National Alpaca Farm Days" and my friends will be hosting an open house as part of that event. You can find out details about their farm by googling "Xena's Alpaca Farm". If you want even more information, D-mail me.
springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

September 20, 2011
12:34 PM

Post #8816399

Lynn,
Sorry, looks like I will not be attending this Round up. Everyone have fun and will be looking forward to the pictures.
Soferdig
Kalispell, MT
(Zone 4b)

September 20, 2011
4:26 PM

Post #8816696

OK I have made it home. Exhausted and slept all day. When is the start up. I am bringing what ever you need Lynn. It is at your house right? Karen is coming and we will be there late morning on Sat. What do you need besides some money for all that you have forked out? No Jade for me they grow like a weed and all I do is trim my two. Kind of neat though because I have kind of Bonsai the big buggers.
Just a shot of the trip. 1500+ miles in 3 days is too much.

Thumbnail by Soferdig

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 20, 2011
9:37 PM

Post #8817194

Springcolor, we will mis you. I wanted you to see all of your flowers still blooming their little hearts out.

Soferdig, I am glad you made it home safely. Joey said you were really hauling a**, that's a lot of miles on a bike. We do not want any money, just your charming company. And bringing Karen along just doubles the charm. Are you planning to spend the night? Are you riding or driving?

Sharon and Julie, I am so glad you are making the salsa. It will be so yummy. We really enjoyed those big beefsteak tomatoes last night. Yes, bring more!

My neighbors, Jim, is a retired airline pilot. He has another pilot friend from France flying in on Saturday, so he might bring him to the party later in the afternoon. He said he would bring some nice French wine. The friend might have a couple of flight attendants with him, the more, the merrier. They won't stay long, just in and out.

I sure do hope we have a few more DG friends attend! The weather should be good, is it just bad timing for everyone ?
Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 21, 2011
9:48 AM

Post #8817726

We've figured out our plans and I'll be down in Portland on Saturday. Depending on what time we leave, we may be able to swing by for a very quick hello, but I really won't know til we're on the road and all. Sorry I can't give you any better idea than that! I've had these plans on my calendar for over a year, so just bad timing for me! Hope you all have a great time - if the weather holds, it'll be a lovely time for you!
Soferdig
Kalispell, MT
(Zone 4b)

September 21, 2011
2:09 PM

Post #8818103

We have to see my GD so have to leave early evening to get to there house. So won't be staying. Got to pick up my Mom on Sunday in Leavenworth too so kind of busy weekend.
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 21, 2011
11:59 PM

Post #8818859

Gwen I hope you guys can swing by for a quick howdy, no matter what the time. Joey has worked so hard to get some of the projects done in time for the get together. 3 of my friends came by tonight and we made butterflies for everyone. They really turned out cute. I am going to have a table set up with supplies if anyone wants to make their own. Gwen, I know you would love these.

I also bought sterling silver earring wires, if anyone would rather make earrings instead of wine charms.

Steve, I am glad you and Karen are coming. I hope you stay until dusk when the solar lights come on. They just make the garden magical. I bet your GD would love to see them. Maybe her parents can bring the kids over for an outing when she is feeling up to it. I will send a butterfly home with you to give her, don't let me forget. What is her favorite color, and I will make one just for her.

See you all Saturday.
Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 22, 2011
9:08 AM

Post #8819286

Lynn, you and Joey always do SO MUCH to make your guests feel at home and welcome. I know it'll be a super get-together. The butterflies sound very cute! Steve's GD will be thrilled to get one!
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 22, 2011
9:40 AM

Post #8819364

Here is a picture of one of the butterflies, my favorite.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 22, 2011
9:43 AM

Post #8819372

Here is a flock of butterflies for the guests to choose from.

Soferdig
Kalispell, MT
(Zone 4b)

September 22, 2011
10:09 AM

Post #8819415

She just got of surgery last week. We are still battling cancer and chemo effects. Into a year now. So I need to take them out to dinner Sat night and hug my Leia and her 2 babies. We will be leaving around 4 or 5 pm.
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 22, 2011
1:45 PM

Post #8819628

That is good. Your presence will definitely cheer her up. How is Karen doing?
Soferdig
Kalispell, MT
(Zone 4b)

September 22, 2011
2:22 PM

Post #8819698

Karen is always sunshine even on her worst days. She is anxious to see our grandbabies because I have been there many times without her through the cancer battle. She is back at work and I am sure it is hard to continue in the schools over 30 years but we need the medical and the money. So she is good but tired.
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 23, 2011
12:09 AM

Post #8820192

You have a priceless wife, Steve. But you already know that.

EVERYONE: If Steve doesn't object, we are going to put out a donation can for his little granddaughter, Charlize. This was my DIL's idea tonight. I wish I had thought of this sooner. So Joey wants to dedicate this party in Charlize's honor.
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

September 23, 2011
3:56 AM

Post #8820252

Ooooooh, I might have a date. This is my really good friend Roland, who sells my stuff in his coffeehouse/gallery in downtown Seattle. We really need to hook up & swap money/merchandise, and I had intended to swing by his place after leaving Lynn's but threw out that maybe he could join us on Saturday instead? (Lynn, he thinks that you already love him because I SAID you would) ... It was a longshot BUT:

Saturday night in Lakewood could be the cat's meow, to meet Lynn who already loves me, to practise my French, to swap impossible fish stories and clueless tourist anecdotes with the Alaskans [18 years in Juneau with 10 of those continuous where one winter I witnessed an avalanche from a safe distance that took out Juneau's electricity for two days and whose force showered us with ice crystals a half mile away...], and you and I could talk Quilt-textile-turkey and I could give you a check for items sold [I don't know, yet, how many], and we all could sing strange ballads from far-flung places while sipping Yakima fermented grape juice while debating how soon the clouds will bunch together and squeeze out some precipitation as the evening honeysuckle wraps all of us in a delirious toxin of "come hither" aroma... heart be still...

I technically work 'til 6pm on Saturdays but could be coerced into bolting out early if Lynn whispers in my cyber ear, if ya' get my drift...

Yippee! And I haven't even mentioned the hot tub to him yet! Roland is a gem, Sofer I'm so sorry you probably will miss him. Although, hmmmmm... did I mention to him that Lynn also has a husband? I'm slightly concerned, will have to rectify that ...
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

September 23, 2011
5:06 PM

Post #8821147

Sharon, I'd be very interested in the jade plant if no takers yet. I have my entire cabinet full of seeds for sharing!
mauryhillfarm
Vashon, WA
(Zone 8b)

September 23, 2011
9:55 PM

Post #8821456

Have a great time everyone. I wish I could be there, but I'm buried in school work for the the next year or so. The butterflies look really cute, Lynn.
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

September 24, 2011
1:29 AM

Post #8821564

I am ensconced in the upstairs bedroom after getting lost every which way in the Tacoma area.
Wow, what a place. Sure wish EVERYONE could join us.
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

September 28, 2011
1:50 PM

Post #8828173

Patiently waiting for photos and/or report of the festivities...
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

September 28, 2011
6:34 PM

Post #8828512

Well, grrrrr ... I spent a lot of time taking pix with Joey's fancy SLR, so those are still with the Phillipses, AS IS MY OWN CAMERA. I certainly came home with a Panasonic Lumix, but it turns out to be Lynn's! What a goofball, but what are the odds. It took me until today to figure out what was wrong with "my" Lumix. So Lynn has all the photos, and I do not think that she will bust out with a whole bunch of posts right now because she is still digging out from the terrible windstorm that swooped down on us Sunday morning. (Sharon, that's why I didn't make it by for the jade plant.)

But WHAT a party! You will just have to use your imagination for now, but try to picture 5 acres of happy, healthy plantings, tended by the consummate hosts with the perfect entertaining setup. I just loved every minute of it. Of course, Sharon, Julie & Linda are a pleasure to be around always, and what a treat to meet Steve & Karen! We took up a nice collection for Charlize, and chowed down on a never-ending variety of food & treats. Everyone loved the target practice, and sign-painting, and charm-making, and I especially loved the hot tub (for about 4 hours, in fact). There was just something for everyone -- Corvairs, Harleys, heuchera, great music blasting out of the "barn," dreamy night lighting, awesome massage chairs ...

I stayed 2 nights & have seldom felt so welcome & comfortable.
Azorina
(Linda)Gig Harbor, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 28, 2011
7:47 PM

Post #8828618

Thanks Lynn and Joey for the wonderful party...so sorry I didn't get pics!
Rarejem
(Julie)South Prairie, WA
(Zone 7a)

September 29, 2011
11:02 AM

Post #8829298

Lynn,

Thanks so much for hosting such a wonderful event, and tolerating those of us who were kind of wishy washy attendees. It was a wonderful day, and I hope there will be pics posted before too long. This group is such a great group of people... even if you have been out of touch for a bit, they welcome you with open arms. Great to see you Summer and Steve and Karen!!!
Rarejem
(Julie)South Prairie, WA
(Zone 7a)

September 29, 2011
11:03 AM

Post #8829300

Oh yeah.. and Linda and Lynn.. great to see you too, but I kinda take you guys for granted cause I am spoiled and get to see you often :P !
Soferdig
Kalispell, MT
(Zone 4b)

September 29, 2011
6:52 PM

Post #8829897

Lynn and Joey were the best hosts! Everyone got a free Harley, 2000 dollars, free massages, rare vintage wine, and most importantly got to spend time with the nicest people on the planet! The people part is true and the host comments the rest well just to get a better turn out next time. LOL
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

September 30, 2011
10:53 AM

Post #8830550

I agree that they are the best hosts!!!! You know I would have liked to have been there, But the commute is a killer!
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:02 AM

Post #8831742

Thank you everyone for the compliments. I am glad everyone had a good time. I really enjoy these get togethers. Maybe next year, more of the DG'ers will be able to attend.
It was a week ago today, and boy, did we luck out on the weather, it couldn't have been more perfect. Today it is raining.

Sorry to have taken so long to post pictures, but this past week , we hosted a get together for the families from the church who helped us out with Sally's memorial dinner. And thenJoey had a spur of the moment idea to invite all of the neighbors over for one last BBQ before the weather changes (and the house was clean!) Plus the windstorm made a huge mess in the yard and flattened most of the plants, so we had to rush like crazy to get it cleaned up before the other get togethers. When it rains, it pours! Now for some pics.

Coming down the long driveway.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:05 AM

Post #8831744

Front porch, Where is everyone?

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:08 AM

Post #8831746

Here we are!

Fore ground: Karen & Steve Lowry, Stephanie Williamson
Seating: Sharon and Linda

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:12 AM

Post #8831752

Party on the Patio

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:15 AM

Post #8831757

Lots of food and drinks

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:17 AM

Post #8831760

A garden photo. Limelight Hydrangea in full bloom

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:20 AM

Post #8831765

Little Lamb Hydrangea is very happy in its own little island.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:23 AM

Post #8831769

Helianthis Sunflowers were a favorite. I got these as starts from Kate 2 yrs ago. They are so cheery. If anyone wants a start from it, come and get it.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:28 AM

Post #8831772

My little red wagon is full of sedums

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:32 AM

Post #8831778

Relaxing on the patio

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:33 AM

Post #8831779

"Jasmine" is discreetly watching us.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:35 AM

Post #8831781

Joey and Steve, just hanging out.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:37 AM

Post #8831782

Joey hanging up the targets for the "Shoot out". The teapot tree must have got him!

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:38 AM

Post #8831783

You better get out of there, Joey. You don't want to be the moving target.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:40 AM

Post #8831786

Go the other way , Joey! Run!

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:43 AM

Post #8831790

Where did everyone go?

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2011
11:49 AM

Post #8831794

Here we are!
Steve, Sharon, Julie, Colton, and Gail

springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

October 1, 2011
4:59 PM

Post #8832068

Sure looks like a fun day!
Willowwind2
Union, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 1, 2011
5:02 PM

Post #8832072

Just beautiful Lynn. You two have done fantastic things to your spot of heaven. Sorry I could not come to visit.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2

Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
8:56 AM

Post #8832710

Great photos! Looks like a super fun day. Your garden looks just outstanding. You really have a green thumb! So jealous...
PNWMountainGirl
(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA
(Zone 7a)

October 2, 2011
9:15 AM

Post #8832740

Didn't take many photos for some reason this time around.

Here is one of the early birds getting the kitchen organized. Sorry about the quality of the photo.

Thumbnail by PNWMountainGirl

PNWMountainGirl
(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA
(Zone 7a)

October 2, 2011
9:18 AM

Post #8832753

Lynn had ordered her special treat for the party: A 5 foot high peacock which turned out to be 5 foot wide instead. Here is Colton beginning the assembly process.

PNWMountainGirl
(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA
(Zone 7a)

October 2, 2011
9:20 AM

Post #8832757

Moving along on the assembly process.

PNWMountainGirl
(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA
(Zone 7a)

October 2, 2011
9:23 AM

Post #8832760

Project completed. "Proud as a peacock!"

PNWMountainGirl
(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA
(Zone 7a)

October 2, 2011
9:25 AM

Post #8832765

Meanwhile, Joey is doing a final touch-up on the lawn.

Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
4:56 PM

Post #8833284

That peacock is beautiful!
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 2, 2011
7:47 PM

Post #8833510

Thanks for all the photos, wish I could have made it down south - would have been much more enjoyable for me. Lovely as Orcas Island is, I'm about wedding'd out... As the mother of the bride commented to me later in the evening, for the time and money invested in these events, one should party for at least a week. Amen to that.

This message was edited Oct 2, 2011 7:49 PM
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
8:00 PM

Post #8833525

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Joey really world hard to get projects done in time for the party.
Tell COlton thank you for putting my peacock together. It was supposed to arrive a week ago, but it got lost in shipment, they said. At least he did arrive in time for the party.

I have a few more pictures to post.

Here is Mr. P all lit up.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
8:03 PM

Post #8833529

Mr. and Mrs. Flamingo were a day late for the party.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
8:31 PM

Post #8833550

A Bird's eye view from the barn of the party.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
8:34 PM

Post #8833558

The sign painting table was busy.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
8:38 PM

Post #8833565

Such intensity .

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
8:42 PM

Post #8833572

More artists hard at work.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
8:45 PM

Post #8833578

Their finished products. Aren't they adorable? These are going in my gardens,

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
8:48 PM

Post #8833580

The next morning, Summer, Irma, and I are sorting through the seeds.
I HATE BUTT SHOTS>

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
8:51 PM

Post #8833583

The Morning after, Must have Coffee.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
8:54 PM

Post #8833587

SURPRISE!

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
8:59 PM

Post #8833597

Tell us again, Summer

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
9:05 PM

Post #8833607

Uh, oh, did someone let one? who is the guilty one? Summer, you look innocent. Joey, you are giving me "the look:, and I look like I swallowed the canary.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
9:10 PM

Post #8833617

Summer, don't be shocked. Just ignore him, and he'll go away.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
9:13 PM

Post #8833626

Cheers!

summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

October 2, 2011
10:12 PM

Post #8833671

I would like to now complain bitterly about being the one behind the camera on Saturday, when I had a cute skirt on, my hair was clean & my eyes weren't swollen shut from staying up too late. On Sunday, I look toothless to boot. And those are my b'friend's sweat pants, and he weighs 242 pounds.
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2011
10:24 PM

Post #8833681

I feel your pain. I'm the one with the big rear end in the morning after pix, and my hair was all frizzy from being in the hot tub the night before. You were looking very cute in your skirt. Take a picture of yourself in your garden and post it. I didn't see one of those group pictures either that was taken from the barn.
summerkid
Rose Lodge, OR
(Zone 8b)

October 2, 2011
10:40 PM

Post #8833685

That should be on Joey's camera?

Also, you have more of a BUSY rear end than a big one. I've never seen someone so unlikely to sit.

But that reminds me of my fave moment of the day: Around midnight, Lynn got out of the hot tub to go do something busy, leaving Joey & me to horse around for a bit more, talking about high finance or something equally smart. And then suddenly there was Lynn again: "Joey, I just wanted to tell you that I am happier these days with you than ever before in my life."

!!! How nice to be Joey, eh? (And Lynn.)
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

October 3, 2011
5:39 AM

Post #8833923

Aren't those realizations the bestest?
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 3, 2011
12:35 PM

Post #8834476

Absolutely

Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 3, 2011
11:21 PM

Post #8835252

Those signs are adorable! Love the 'garden of eatin' one. I may have to steal that idea for my veggie garden. If I ever get around to doing a veggie garden again.
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 4, 2011
8:51 AM

Post #8835610

I need a sign to keep the dang County from giving my shrubs a flat top - just happened again. I realize it is their right-of-way, and don't have a problem with them mowing the shoulder and sideways (to maintain visibility), just don't 'get' why they also feel a need to finish up with a flat top. I now have about a foot shorter road screening, plus it's ugly to boot (not a fan of sheared hedges). Rrrrr.
Soferdig
Kalispell, MT
(Zone 4b)

October 7, 2011
9:30 PM

Post #8840373

Summer I just thought that WOW have you lost a lot of weight since you bought your favorite sweat pants! LOL Summer was wonderful and I know she was instrumental in the smooth flow of the fun time. Glad to finally see you face to face Summer.
LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2011
10:51 PM

Post #8840407

Here are some more pics that was on Dan's camera.

Joe's directing traffic.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2011
10:53 PM

Post #8840408

Me modeling the foil hat that we made for a gathering at Pixydish's last year. This was the cover for our fan, and we needed the fan that day. (Wish it was needed today, brrrr)

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2011
10:56 PM

Post #8840409

A OK!

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2011
10:57 PM

Post #8840410

Lots of food

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2011
11:04 PM

Post #8840415

My son and DIL arrived for a few minutes.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2011
11:05 PM

Post #8840418

Azarina, PNWMountaingirl and my GS, Kyle, are checking out something.

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2011
11:07 PM

Post #8840420

Finger lick in good!

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2011
11:08 PM

Post #8840421

WHOOPS. WRONG PICTURE

LynnPhillips
Buckley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 7, 2011
11:10 PM

Post #8840425

Everyone is having a good time.

mauryhillfarm
Vashon, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 9, 2011
9:45 PM

Post #8842840

Looks like a fun time was had by all! Maybe I will make it next time and not be quite as buried in schoolwork.

I have one more assignment to post by midnight tonight, and then I am done with this class and have a week break before the next one. Eight credits down and forty to go...that doesn't sound so good, but I really feel good about making it this far. Online classes are more grueling than in-person in some ways because there is no break from the screen, reading and typing, recursively (my new word of the week, meaning repeating over and over). I don't have to take the ferry to drive to classes though, so that makes up for it.
Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 10, 2011
1:18 PM

Post #8843696

Holly, what classes are you taking?
mauryhillfarm
Vashon, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 10, 2011
8:12 PM

Post #8844284

I'm taking classes in curriculum and instruction, with a specialization in ELL (English language learners) through an on-line masters degree program. My garden sadly languishes in weeds while I am doing this, but I did get a spot ready to plant my garlic since I will lose my unusual strains if I skip a year planting them.
Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 11, 2011
4:49 PM

Post #8845448

Sounds like a lot of work.

I don't know if I told you, but I had the best garlic harvest ever this year. And I didn't do a single thing to the garden after planting the garlic last fall. I actually have garlic big enough to replant! So exciting to finally have success.

Thumbnail by Gwendalou

mauryhillfarm
Vashon, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 11, 2011
6:43 PM

Post #8845623

Beautiful braid!!! It's very exciting that you can plant your home grown cloves this year.
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 11, 2011
6:53 PM

Post #8845630

Hoorah to you Gwen - beautiful.
Soferdig
Kalispell, MT
(Zone 4b)

October 11, 2011
8:26 PM

Post #8845759

I wish I liked Garlic. But yes that is a beautiful string of stinky stuff. I must be a whear (sp) wolf.
mauryhillfarm
Vashon, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 11, 2011
11:01 PM

Post #8845833

I once almost made a gift mistake with a braid of garlic. I was visiting my aunt and her family over the Christmas holiday, and she had suggested that all gifts we exchanged be either home grown or home made. I carefully packed a beautiful, 16 bulb braid of garlic for her, with a lavender and thyme bunch tucked in the bow. My cousins were to get lesser gifts of dried apples and tamari roasted almonds. We were staying several days, and on Christmas Eve I was cooking dinner using some other fresh garlic that I had brought along. My aunt came into the kitchen with her nose wrinkled, asking,"What is that awful smell?" She was never known for her tact. Realizing I was about to give her a very unappreciated gift, I switched the name tags on my gifts so one of my cousins would get the garlic since he had requested some of the hastily set aside garlic in his dish.
Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

October 12, 2011
9:34 AM

Post #8846266

What a bummer it would be to give such a great gift to someone who didn't appreciate it!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pacific Northwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cannas and Agapanthus in the PNW? SalemSunshine 14 Mar 1, 2011 10:08 PM
Tomatoes - when to transplant? Leehallfae 17 May 5, 2014 8:08 PM
Anyone want some fish? Pixydish 33 May 27, 2009 5:38 AM
Does bamboo grow in Spokane? Adriaan 24 Oct 30, 2007 5:38 AM
only one bloom on my rhododendron this year JoieM 27 Jul 11, 2007 3:51 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America