Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Gingers: Ginger Festival north of Houston, Tx Sept 3rd

Communities > Forums > Gingers
bookmark
Forum: GingersReplies: 14, Views: 124
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
TejasTropicals
Cleveland, TX

July 25, 2011
4:56 PM

Post #8714902

We are a cold hardy tropical nursery located NW of Cleveland, Tx. We are holding an event to promote these plants, especially gingers. We have appx. 1500 ft of 5ft wide grow beds and thousands of potted plants that will be in bloom for display. We will have demonstrations, lectures, tours and free barbeque lunch and some drawings for rare gingers.
Our facilities include an air conditioned meeting room, a pavilion, greenhouses, exotic animals, and a fish pond for everyone to enjoy. We would like to welcome forum members close enough to attend. This is a free event. We will be posting a map and more details of the event on our website under 'Events' and the 'Blog' tabs for those interested www.tejastropicals.com David Glover
Moodene
(Nadine) Devers, TX
(Zone 9b)

July 28, 2011
7:08 AM

Post #8720653

YAHOO!! I know I am coming!!!
GingerGrower
Anthony, FL

July 28, 2011
6:14 PM

Post #8721866

Hi Tajas Tropicals, I messaged you on EBAY about your gingers...
I live in Florida, to far to come for your sale but I wish I make it !

My Curcuma Snowdrift this year...

Thumbnail by GingerGrower
Click the image for an enlarged view.

TejasTropicals
Cleveland, TX

July 30, 2011
6:38 AM

Post #8724935

Nadine, I look forward to meeting you. Let me know if you need help finding us. We will have a few gingers, not sold in the US, available from free drawings throughout the day.
Moodene
(Nadine) Devers, TX
(Zone 9b)

July 30, 2011
7:58 AM

Post #8725061

Wow,Thanks!! My daddy lives in Cleveland and I know it like the back of my hand..lol..Oh good, I do collect gingers!! I am looking forward to this festival..I plan on stopping by soon as my daughter's wedding is over which is next week..
TejasTropicals
Cleveland, TX

August 2, 2011
7:30 AM

Post #8731769

GingerGrower, did you recieve the answer back from me you needed thru ebay? You can also reach me at david@tejastropicals.com.

This message was edited Aug 2, 2011 8:32 AM
GingerGrower
Anthony, FL

August 6, 2011
8:57 AM

Post #8740006

Thank You Tajas Tropicals, will you be having sale prices on your gingers at the festival?
If so, will sell & ship, or is it only at the festival?
Thanks, I will look at your site, Richard
TejasTropicals
Cleveland, TX

August 6, 2011
12:00 PM

Post #8740369

Richard, we will have discounted plants at the festival as well as some rarer gingers not listed on our site in small quantities. We also will be holding drawings for free gingers, palms, amorphophallus, helionias, etc. I'll be posting a few of them. If you see some you would like just email me and we'll work something out.
TejasTropicals
Cleveland, TX

August 6, 2011
1:18 PM

Post #8740485

Here is a picture of Globba multiflora. It has an upright inflorescence.

Thumbnail by TejasTropicals

TejasTropicals
Cleveland, TX

August 6, 2011
1:24 PM

Post #8740497

This is a globba Mark Collins named G. sp. 'Northern Gold'. It has very zingiberoid foliage with tall stems and long narrow leaves.

Thumbnail by TejasTropicals

GingerGrower
Anthony, FL

August 7, 2011
12:42 PM

Post #8742242

Thanks Tajas Tropicals, I will take a look & let you know...
I told a ginger friend of mine about your festival, her & her husband live near Houston.
OH, by the way, where did you get your Curcuma Garnet?
That is a pretty little one.
TejasTropicals
Cleveland, TX

August 25, 2011
8:58 AM

Post #8776084

Here are written directions from I-59 and I-45 for those of you who can make it to our Festival- From the Houston area take I-59N to the 2nd exit in Cleveland which is FM 2025 to Coldspring and turn left. Go 5 miles to a Valero Gas Station on the left and turn left on FM 945 and go 7.8 miles to Magnolia Trail on your right- we are the 1st drive on the right. You will pass a small store on the right about a mile before you get to Magnolia Trl and right before our street you will see a large green county sign that says Vann Beil Rd to the left, just past it is our dirt road. There are several black mailboxes also.
Take I-45 to Hwy 150 and go East to Evergreen. In Evergreen take a right on FM 945 and go 5.3 miles to our street, Magnolia Trail. Directly across from our street is a county road sign showing Vann Beil Rd to your right, turn left into street. If your heading north from the Houston area on I-45 you can take 1097 in Willis over to Hwy 150. If your heading south from the Dallas/FW area take 150 in New Waverly.
We will have 2' nursery logo signs at the turns on 945 and at Magnolia Trail.

Moodene
(Nadine) Devers, TX
(Zone 9b)

September 3, 2011
2:39 PM

Post #8791782

I am still here at home watching the high winds bringing this rain from that Tropical Storm Lee since this morning. Had to cut down few bananas that fell over and pick up big pots that blew over..other than that..everything seems ok..Sorry I missed the Ginger festival but staying here was important..been thru too many storms and hurricanes..
TejasTropicals
Cleveland, TX

September 6, 2011
1:52 PM

Post #8796352

Nadine, I'm sorry you missed the festival. We had a great time meeting folks with our same interest. Please come see us another time. Your always welcome, David
Moodene
(Nadine) Devers, TX
(Zone 9b)

September 10, 2011
1:29 PM

Post #8802447

David, soon as my son comes home( in the Army), we are planning a trip to come see y'all.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Gingers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Costus Raspberry Yogurt-pic Moodene 8 Jul 15, 2009 12:26 AM
Dichorisanda pendula Moodene 9 Aug 28, 2008 5:33 PM
Stumped by non-blooming butterfly gingers smartdog 20 Mar 13, 2007 10:09 PM
Oh That Fragrance! Xeramtheum 43 Sep 17, 2008 1:08 AM
Costus asplundii - first photo of flowers gingersrus 11 Jan 2, 2009 3:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America